1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Elmo Testifies on Capital Hill

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Gonzo, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

They just had a news blurb on the Today Show--it showed Elmo in a suit and tie testifying before a Senate Education Committee, encouraging them to appropriate more funding for music and music education. It was pretty funny. It's sad when a preschool Muppet can teach your Senate a thing or two about education. Hopefully they listened.

Quinnnnnnnnn
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Hey Tiger,

Beautiful little baby there in your arms by the way. You must be on top of the world!

Here are a few links about the Elmo in Washington coverage.

Pictures of Elmo on Capital Hill

CNN Article: Mr. Elmo goes to Washington
    There's a Kevin Clash profile linked on this page as well.

They'll likely be a lot of stories about this hit the wire in the next 24 hours.
  3. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

You mean the Kevin Clash profile with that neato pic of Kevin with Elmo taken at MuppetFest taken by none other than our Fearless Leader? ;)
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

WOW!!! I just saw those pix of elmo on captial hill...WOW!!! So awesome to see that, talk about edgy! Just goes to show ya the endless creativity at JHC!

///beaker///
  6. Foreignman

Foreignman New Member

Wow! This takes Muppets a step further, fighting in Washington D.C. Hmm... this gives me an idea.

A Muppet in the White House for 2004!!!

Who's with me?
  7. AruggeRadio

AruggeRadio Member

8. Lu775

Lu775 Member

woo-hoo!

Wow, great picture, great article and what a great
    cause!!!
  9. Foreignman,

Actually, my puppet has been running for President for the past 2 elections. We went to Wash. D.C. and put up signs for him while we were there. He'll be campaigning on my website in 2 more years, so if any of you wants a puppet President, vote for "Scary" Larry Wolf! Thank you...

--"Scary" Larry Wolf