1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Elmo's Potty Time" DVD Questions

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by D'Snowth, Nov 18, 2006.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I got A Sesame Street Christmas Carol DVD the other day, and it has a preview of Elmo's Potty Time on it, and I have some questions...

1. Is it just me, or is Elmo's dad HUGE?! I mean he literally was almost as tall as Gordon and his head was almost twice the size of Gordon's!
    2. Who was playing Grover? I KIND OF sounded like Frank, but not all that much.
    3. Back to Elmo's dad, you all said Bill Barretta was to play him, but it didn't really sound all that much like Bill to me, are you all sure about Bill playing Elmo's dad?
    4. What was up with Gina's tan? She looked creepy!
    5. Am I the only one who thinks really perverted people are going to get a kick out of the song "We Do It"?
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

LOL! Sorry to laugh, Snowthers, but your last question is hilarious!
  3. D'Snowth

Yeah well, I'm just saying that song would probably get really perverted people hyped up.
  4. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Member

EEW! Gross! I'm going to hurl!
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Grover was performed by Frank... I didn't buy the video but saw it on Muppet Wiki, *sigh* I allready know how to go to the bathroom anyways... :)
  6. furryredmonster

furryredmonster New Member

1. Is it just me, or is Elmo's dad HUGE?! I mean he literally was almost as tall as Gordon and his head was almost twice the size of Gordon's!
    I didn't think he was that big...
    2. Who was playing Grover? I KIND OF sounded like Frank, but not all that much.
    Have no clue.
    3. Back to Elmo's dad, you all said Bill Barretta was to play him, but it didn't really sound all that much like Bill to me, are you all sure about Bill playing Elmo's dad?
    Not sure.
    4. What was up with Gina's tan? She looked creepy!
    Not sure.
    5. Am I the only one who thinks really perverted people are going to get a kick out of the song "We Do It"?
    Right when I heard that, I was thinking the same thing.... LOL
  7. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

Wait, so Frank did Grover? I thought he was completely done with the muppets.
    I'm confused:confused:
  8. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

MuppetMarc, sometimes Frank Oz comes to the Sesame Street set to perform one of his characters in a sketch, but for the most part he is done.

By the way, this Elmo's Potty Time video is possibly the one and only Sesame DVD I would never consider buying. Firstly I don't need it and also I saw the preview that D'Snowth saw and the song they sang was just too weird. It made me feel so uncomfortable it was crazy! See Gordon sing a song about going potty is so beyond me.
  9. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Frank Oz is definitely credited on "Elmo's Potty Time"- so yes, the original voice for Grover is on the video.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Here's my question...

HOW do they go the bathroom? Don't they have someone's hand up there? :D
  11. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Hhahaha oh good question!!!
  12. D'Snowth

Reminds me of the visual Vic did of Kermit sitting on a toilet and saying "so, does this still make you want to be a puppeteer".
  13. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Bill Barretta is indeed the performer behind Louie (Elmo's Dad). He started performing the character in "Sesame Beginnings" (appearing in all 3 "Sesame Baginnings" DVD releases to date). He also appeared in the "Elmo's Potty Time" DVD, the "Talk Listen Connect" video, and will be featured in the upcoming "When Parents Are Deployed" television special. Louie is Bill's only character in the Sesame Street universe to date. Louie is a great character. He's very musical (Cab Calloway sounding), and even plays the trumpet. And he is in the military. Bill is a great performer and a perfect fit for the character.

And yes, the puppet is freakin' huge. Remember he is an adult monster, and he has to be bigger than the other "kid" characters (such to create the proper size-relation when he interacts with his 3-year old son, Elmo).