Elmo's world "Jingle Bells" controversy

SillyRed

Reaction score
Have you guys noticed that Elmo repeats a topic to the tune of "Jingle Bells"(except the Farm episode)? I think It's funny while some of you think it's stupid. Why did this happen anyway?:smirk:

CookieFan

Reaction score
I dunno, but my 19 mo old has been "singing" it over and over since she was 14 mos and driving me nuts. (It wasn't so bad over the holidays, but sheeeesh!)

I understand why they do the repetition, but don't know why they chose that particular song.

Hays

Reaction score
I'm guessing because the tune is one almost everybody knows, and it's easy to learn, as it's almost all one note.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Possibly because it is public domain and pretty much any words work with the tune.

Hays

Reaction score
Hey, at least y'all can spell controversey (anyway, it looks more right to me than the way I wrote it!)

And I have a degree in English! The nuns would faint!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There was a nun who ran the preschool I went to as a kid, and you could do what you wanted in the classroom or outside and be as loud as you wanted to; but there was NO talking in the halls or cafeteria or bathrooms!!

One day, Monte (my best pal) and I were getting water in the hall and I looked over and said, "It tastes like metal!" in a VERY quiet whisper, and the nun was right behind us and smacked me across my back with a 12" ruler. I thought I had been shot by a cannon!!

There was another nun who would come in, though, who was SOOO sweet and ended up taking over the preschool after the other one left (way after I graduated from there); but, finally, she ended up going to the missions somewhere I think in S America.

I have no idea of her history after that--BUT!

The nuns and the teachers and everyone was impressed with my spelling and reading abilities at such an early age.

I am, however, unsure of the correct spelling of controversy (it's correct without the "e" before the "y").

Super Scooter

Reaction score
That sounds about right. Them rulers hurt!

I went to two days of pre-school. That's about it. Then, when I started Kindergarten (is that with a d or a t? Think it's a t.) my parents were told I'd never amount to anything and end up working as a school janitor. I think that's part of the reason I got yanked out of school in first grade.

I started reading real early. I can read pretty well. Pronounce words properly and such (pronounce hyperbole. That one's so annoying!), but I've never been real good at spelling. I get confused with words ending with "ing" and such. I never remember if you're supposed to add and extra letter, or take away some or what. Can't spell finally right except by accident. Two Ns? Two Ls? One N and two Ls? Never could figure it out.

I think I have it now. One N. Two Ls. And I absolutely hate plurals! As is obvious in this post.