1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Elmos's World

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by FozzieBear, Sep 17, 2002.

1. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

Has anybody noticed that Elmos world always repeats itself? I think I have seen him talking about music at least ten times..... On a funny note, how funny is it when Elmo goes, "It's Mr Noodles Brother, Mr Noodle!" LoL :D :cool: :D :D :D :D
  2. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

Kids learn well using repetition techniques. That's just about any Kiddie show's reason to make only a handful of episodes and repeat them ad-nauseum.

Maybe Elmo's saying "Mist-ah Noodle" is funny, but not as funny as the reactions of the little babies he interviews.....
  3. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

THIS SUBJECT IS ILLEGAL!!!!

Attention, everyone! The subject of Elmo's World is ILLEGAL on this forum! If you wanna talk about Elmo's World, go somewhere else!
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Why is it illegal?

I find Elmo's World as taxing as most people would, enjoying mostly the "E-Mails" and other guest appearnces by other characters from the show.

Though, I admit it's a mixed bag, let me recomend the "Sleep" episode, featuring a very funny bit with Two headed Monster, Cookie Monster, and Ernie and Bert (each has sepperate segment).

Though I do not care for the "draw" episode, especially the annoying, repetitive singing of "E I E I O!!!"
  5. Natalie

Natalie New Member

Yeah, I realize a lot of you are against Elmo and Elmo's World and stuff, but I think people should be able to talk about him if they want on here. Just my opinion, and no matter how much Elmo has messed up stuff, I'll still always love him.
  6. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

Elmo is a sensitive subject for a lot of Muppet fans. We all know that. But of course it is okay to talk about Elmo or Elmo's World. Whatever we may think, Elmo is a big part of the Muppets and SST.

In defense of the little red monster (and at the risk of getting myself flamed) Elmo is insanely popular with young children. He is an excellent teacher and Elmo's World helps young kids make sense of the world and day to day life. Sesame Street, after all, is not made for teen and adult Muppet fans. It is made for toddlers and preschoolers and a great many highly intelligent people go to great lengths to make it as educational and appealing as possible. The bottom line is Elmo's World works.
  7. Natalie

Natalie New Member

Very well said MuppetQuilter :) I totally agree
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I know this is slighty off topic but I recently found out that the voice of Elmo (Kevin Clash) was also the voice of Splinter in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies!!

...I'll never be able to see either of them the same way again!

Chowabunga!
  9. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

:D I wasnt dissing on Elmo :D

He is one of my all time favorite muppets, other than Fozzie Bear of course :) :) :) :) I was just stating that it was repetitive. I also find it hilarious when he asks the babys opinion. Elmo is like "how do u make music baby?" and the baby does nothing or just sucks on Elmos nose. and then Elmo says "Thankyou Baby!" I find it hilarious. I have also noticed I still know some of the little songs that are on Sesame Street, and sing them.... What a weird little muppet world I live in.....
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'll admit. The little red dude has grown on me, lately. It's not that I hated him, so much as the overmerchandisation of him (I'm going through the same phase with Winnie the Pooh).

I like Elmo (not as much as Telly, Ernie, Bert...etc.), and some"Elmo's World" segments are funnier than others (especially Hair).

Besides, I like Kevin Clash. I have an Elliot Shag picture as of this writting.
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I have to agree that as annoying as Elmo is sometimes. I like a lot of Kevin Clash's other characters such as Hoots the Owl, Clifford and Baby Sinclair from "Dinosaurs."
  12. FozzieBear

FozzieBear New Member

Oh god, dont even start on Winne the Pooh, so much merchandise, so many fans.... can't handle the pressure...... must die....... My sisters room is a winnie the pooh haven, I cant handle him.....:(
  13. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Thanks. I was waiting for someone to say that.
  14. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Yeah, I guess I agree. I mean, if it works for the audience it's geared for, I guess it's good to have on. But I don't think it really needs to be on Noggin, because I think they have enough of it on PBS. The last thing we need is more Elmo's World. I thought it was fine the way it was with "Sesame Street 1 (PBS)" and "Sesame Street 2 (Noggin)". Well, that's sort of what Noggin calls it, but since they added season 30, and will be phasing out season 25, it's too similar to the current Sesame Street that's on PBS. That's why I think they should keep the old shows.

Also, I've heard rumors that one of these days, they will actually make Elmo's World a separate show altogether. They may even keep Elmo's World, and cancel the rest of Sesame Street. Elmo's World, technically, is more popular than the rest of the show. I know it wouldn't be something we would want, but if it's popular with preschoolers, than, that's what they should do.

I mean, I loved Sesame Street without Elmo's World, but it seems to be a permanent fixture now. I mean, I wouldn't exactly consider it new, I mean, it's been on for about 4 years now. So I guess Elmo's World works for it's audience, and that's what's important. Now, I am just going to go to a corner and cry that eventually, we will no longer see the "Elmo's World-Free" Sesame Street.:(
  15. CherryPizza

CherryPizza Active Member

Guess what Elmo's thinking about today?... FIRE!

Insert all the standard content... end with Elmo going up in flames.

BTW, Elmo has been "thinking about" jackets for the last five
    consecutive shows that I've seen. Talk about a one-track mind! If he loves them so much, I think we should give him the ultimate jacket experience, in a straight-jacket.

Should this be before or aftter he is "tickled" by moths?

Cherry "not an Elmo fan, in case you didn't notice" Pizza
  16. roadrat15

roadrat15 New Member

Ah, the thought of the little red menace going up in flames is too tempting for words!