Reaction score
Daniel Romens

Yeah! Woo! Say it! Yeeha!

Frickin' Valentine:mad:

sstVideo

Reaction score
Re: More money, yeah right!

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
Ok in the article about EMTV holding out on sale till February, it said that EMTV came up with some money pretty much, right? So where did EMTV come up with this cash??? That is what I ask!

EM.TV accepted a payment of approximately $37 million from Sesame Workshop to pay off the $57 million the Workshop owes over the next seven years for the rights to the Sesame Street Muppet Characters.

The Workshop got the cash from the sale of their 50% of Noggin earlier this year. EM.TV gets to postpone the loan and extend the bidding for Henson, SW gets a huge return on their capital, and everyone is happy for about an hour or two.

Meanwhile, Germany is busy celebrating the 30th anniversary of Sesamstrasse.

Luke

Reaction score
LOL - yeah it's a good move for both EMTV and Sesame. It's good that EMTV got more time, it obviously doesn't help them for potential buyers to think they are desperate for time. Just hope they end up with a good deal ..... eventually !

danielromens

Reaction score
I just want something to go through, as I fear we're running out of time, and our furry friends may lose their momentum. If this company dies I thinks it more than fair to blame both EM.TV and the family, though I doubt the family knew what they were getting into. Heck, even I thought it sounded like a great deal. Then of course came the stock plummet, and the ill concieved Kermit/Mercedes show, the sale of the Sesame Gang.

EM.TV gets a shaking fist from this poster.

Corporate Pus I say, Corporate pus!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah we are running out of time although EMTV's financing looks to be a little more solid now. While they are talking to other prospective buyers, if the Valentine deal does happen to go down i don't think they have a second option ready to jump in, it's a lot of talk. If the article Phil reposted on the main site is 100% accurate and Entertainment Rights PLC have in fact dropped out, Disney not even bothering to really get interested means some REALLY weak alternate options are left. I am pretty hopeful something will happen soon but i don't think we can be definite about anything.

It's true the Henson's didn't know what they were getting into with the EMTV sale - they just saw dollar signs and took the money as obviously the company wasn't worth anything near what was paid for it and EMTV got a lot less in return. I don't think they thought it was all going to be happy sailing across the Muppet waters though - kinda makes you spit feathers when they talk about the legacy of the family company and their fathers characters etc etc. They just took the cash like anyone else !

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by danielromens
I just want something to go through, as I fear we're running out of time, and our furry friends may lose their momentum. If this company dies I thinks it more than fair to blame both EM.TV and the family, though I doubt the family knew what they were getting into. Heck, even I thought it sounded like a great deal. Then of course came the stock plummet, and the ill concieved Kermit/Mercedes show, the sale of the Sesame Gang.
Heh, I was one of the first to lamblast the announcement of the EM.TV thing two years ago on MC(back in my more outspoken days:wink: ) And whats this about the company dying? Oh no...
didnt ya see a Very Merry Xmas? Bitterman(AKA EMTV) can buy the theatre, but symbolicly they can never destroy it.
Were just in a time of uncertainty right now...I have great hope though. The Muppets mean too much to countless folks out there for anything to happen to them.

As for running out of time, I suspect this March or spring time...
Iraq...Muppet Buyouts, I think the flets gonna hit the fan.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
i hope that a loyal fan wins an ultimate lottery, and buys JHC and gives it to whoever JHC wants to own them!!

just wishful thinking here

Sarah
I wish Disney Channel will hold a contest called "Be Eisner For A Day" so I could buy JHC, control it, stay in contact with a trusty team of advisers from MC and JHC, buy the Creature Shop, get new projects under way, announce classic shows coming to video, give Beaker and the Swedish Chef 5 minutes to discuss the war with Iraq on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings," show a special presentation of "Muppets at WDW" and the NBC Christmas movie (hey it's my company) followed by a spot with stars of Disney Channel and ABC sing a rendition of "Rainbow Connection," give the keys to the Kingdom back to Eisner, eat some hot dogs, watch Letterman and Conan, then go to bed.

Then wake up the next day, realizing I slipped and fell in the bathtub and imagined the whole thing.

Kye

Reaction score
Is there still hope for Disney?? Please somebody tell me that it still might work out... Isnt that what Jim wanted?? I may be wrong. Remember how bad shape "winnie the Pooh was before Disney Bought them. Now Tigger Is Everywhere!! PLEASE PLEASE somebody say that the mouse might smarten up and make a deal? IS THERE HOPE??:embarrassed: