EM.TV says finances won't keep Valentine from Henson purchase

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Hmm

I don't doubt what you've read Phillip but I do doubt a debt ridden company holding out whilst Valentine sorts his act out.
Jamie

Luke

Reaction score
From all i've been hearing basically i agree with most of the article Phillip has reposted. It seems there has been some trouble with Valentine, but it's a very good deal and at an advanced stage - unless things got incredibly late and looked like they had totally fallen through i expect EMTV to stick with it. One things for sure, while i like Disney, i am 200% confident they will not be the ones to purchase the Muppets from EMTV.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jamie,

I agree. Given EM.TV's history this deal isn't done until signed on the dotted line with a cash transaction taking place. EM.TV wants the most money possible, and other things are secondary. Most all signs are pointing to Valentine though.

Movies205

Reaction score
So waht exactly is Valentine getting? I mean in the article it said people are afraid to buy it cuz it all broken up. Are they just getting a name?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
Are they just getting a name?
i think that's some peoples point of view....and that's horrible

Sarah

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
consider this a dumb question, but couldn't someone just buy all of the henson company instead of just buying half of the company?...i mean emtv sounds like they could use the money and all, and besides what is emtv going ot do with half of the henson company they own anyways?

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a company interested AND wealthy enough to pay for the entire company at the price EMTV wants for it. Buying a part share is a way for EMTV to get most of the money they owe, and also bringing another company on board to run things at Henson and hopefully turn a decent profit for both parties.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
ah, i see....the whole business thing...i never got economics..dang it..

ryan

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
ah, i see....the whole business thing...i never got economics..dang it..

ryan
i don't think many people do!

Sarah