EM.TV to Sell Muppets to Jim Henson's Children for $89 Million

radionate

Reaction score
I too think that a marketing/promotion/distribution partnership is vital. I think there are many lower cost routes they could take though, to push whatever product they are working on, yet keep the costs low. That is vital.

Unfortunatly, I think JHC is just starting to figure out low cost ways to market their product. But at least its a start.

wombat woman

Reaction score
Oh, frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

*HAPPY-dancing wombat*

:zany: joy, oh, glee, oh glory :zany:

Dawn

jeffy

Reaction score
wombat woman,

I love the signature! :excited:

Cantus' Ghost

Reaction score
Thank God! The Muppets will not be enveloped by Disney! The Muppets can celebrate their independence and will be something more than another notch in Disney's belt!

Free at last! Free at Last!

Jaga828

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment Chilly Down! I was so excited when I typed my post that I worded it a bit awkward. Of coarse Jim's muppet creations cannot compare with his own children. I meant "second" in the chronological sense, because his kids came after the first Muppet.

And in regards to the Henson kids selling the company again....
I really hope that they don't. There's no need to have a mechanized, corporate greed monster dictating the direction the Muppets should go. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney, but the Muppets have that adult-like edge to them that I think Disney would dilute. Besides, I think the Henson family is EXTREMELY WELL OFF after selling the company for $680 million. Hopefully we will now start to see things pick up at a quicker pace, because I need some new Muppet material to watch!

Be Well!
-Chris

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would expect there to be some kind of an immediate announcement of a new project just so the JHC can 'prove' itself once again. I guess we'll see, huh?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jaga828
I think the Henson family is EXTREMELY WELL OFF after selling the company for $680 million.
If you read the news storys you'll see that most of the 680 million are in stocks, so the big question is did they cash them BEFORE stock went diving. If they did not do that there properly not that much left.

beaker

Reaction score
When I awoke to the news of the Henson family buyback, I was literally left breathless. This was the sort of thing folks like Tom, DW, and me at MF could only dream of...and now for this to become a reality, man.

To think how close Eisner came...and then this at the last minute. As Warrick told me on AIM, the possibilities are truly endless now...as I believe a new era can be ushered in.
I got word of this news yesterday, as well as Carol Spinney and Oscar the Grouch coming to my neck of the woods...so I am pretty darn giddy. All I can say is I am beyond overjoyed for everyone on here, and of course JHC themselves...truly something special...and the right step towards preserving the past and looking towards the future.