Emergency! Selling all my Muppet/Henson stuff (and more)

dwmckim

Reaction score
I don't have time to go in much detail as i need to get to sleep due to working early tomorrow/not getting any sleep for two days due to stress/panic attacks, but basically my life is crashing down, i'm in a huge financial bind and i'm desperate for money so am selling just about anything/everything i own - lots of great Muppet/Henson stuff up for grabs!

I have a seperate thread with more detail in the action figure thread at http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=48581

When i have more time to post and go through my stuff, i'll keep the action figure thread more detailed with the action figures specifically there and all the other stuff here including updates as too what's still available vs what's gone. It will be awhile before i can do that and i need to sell as much as i can as soon as i can so for the moment please see the other thread for more detail on what's up for grabs.

PLEASE HELP! Don't hold back out of guilt or reluctance to take it away from me - while i'm not fond of letting this stuff go, it's much more important to sell it and pass it on to fellow fans than being homeless or dead in which case it won't do me any good anyway!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
-hug-

I'm very sorry to hear this. I'm in dire straits these days too.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
PM me some things you have. I'll be happy to help a fellow member out. I'm into figures, shirts (Men's XL preferably), plush dolls and puppets.

BTW, link doesn't work for me.

Dearth

Reaction score
The link doesn't work because for some odd reason, the entire other post has disappeared. I saw it in the wee hours of the morning and sent him an email, but now even when you search under "all dwmckim's posts", there's no such thread in existence.

In fact, this quote from the end of his post was still in my copy-and-paste file just now. This represents, oh, about two-thirds of the original post, starting right after the action figures:

"When i can, i'll also have a seperate thread for other Henson stuff i'm selling besides the figures. I'm not a big collector though when it comes to products - my big thing is my video collection so the action figures are a bit of an exception when it comes to Muppet products i've actively collected. I have to go through my boxes/closet/drawers, but some other examples of stuff available include a Muppet Babies multi-layer cel, the autographed lithograph from MuppetFest, The Great Muppet Caper script, a few assorted Muppet Babies scripts (have to dig them out to see if they're autographed by Jeffrey Scott or not), Muppet Show scripts for the Valerie Harper and James Coburn episodes, a huge plush Cookie Monster, a Muppet Hits Take 2 cd with the cover autographed by Jerry Juhl, an autographed photo of Farscape's Virginia Hay (Zhaan), various Farscape magazines and collectables including the fan club kit, various Farscape scripts, Street Gang hardcover, Louise Gikow's 40th anniversary Sesame book, Jim Henson's The Works, a very dog-eared worn copy of the Of Muppets and Men book, the original Muppet Monopoly (slight water damage to the bottom of the box from when my apartment was flooded), various issues of Muppet Magazine, all Muppet Show season box sets plus Dinosaurs seasons 3/4 box set, Farscape season 1 box set and season 4 box set (the recent release), all 20 issues of MuppetZine (though the first 11 are "photocopy reprints"), a one-of-a-kind drawing of the Muppet Show cast on posterboard from Chris Smigliano (prize for winning a MuppetZine contest), and about a dozen Official Transcripts of The Muppet Show (these are a hybrid between a script and transcript - same size and layout as the original scripts with all the original description of action plus credits/running time breakdowns/production info but with the actual dialogue from the finished taped edit replacing the lines from the original shooting script)

Finally, the "cream of the crop" of my collection is a sheet of Muppet stationary (unofficial fan art border by Chris Smigliano) chockful of autographs from a whole slew of Muppeteers and crew members from the set of Muppets From Space (including Brian Henson and Frank Oz). This was given to me as a special gift so due to both the inherent value and the sentimental value, i will only sell it for a high price. (Yes, i'm that desperate to get rid of the #1 thing i never thought i'd sell if the asking price is right!)

Just like the action figures, if you want any of the above, make a reasonable realistic offer. More details about an item provided upon serious inquiry.

If anyone wants anything, it's best to email me direct at dw_m@webtv.net and include either the words Muppet or Henson in your subject heading so i don't accidentally delete it as spam. You can also PM me through the forum, but direct email is best (or you can also do both to be safe)

PLEASE HELP! This is yours for the taking and even though i'm not fond of parting with any of this, i'd rather still have a place to live since none of this stuff would matter anyway if i'm out on the street!

P.S. Some non-Henson related stuff i have for sale includes a large collection of Simpsons Comic Books, Alpha Flight comics (from volumes 1, 2, and 3) though many of these were water damaged from the SECOND(!) time my apartment was flooded, a large collection of old issues of The Advocate, Out, Genre, and Echo Magazines, not-as-old but still not all that recent issues of The Nation, The Progressive, Mother Jones, and The American Prospect, most issues of Wrapped In Plastic (a Twin Peaks/David Lynch fanzine which also included quite a bit of X-Files content because of David Duchovny's involvement), lots of Archie comics (comic books and digests), several Doonesbury books, a huge collection of One Life to Live episodes (mostly from 2003-present but also some older stuff), and a large collection of mostly 80s cds and vinyl albums, 7" and 12" singles (including pretty much anything/everything Pet Shop Boys and Eurythmics/Annie Lennox/Dave Stewart related) and oh yes, this includes lots of Sesame/Muppet records too!"

Just off the top of my memory, everything leading up to that was him talking about his company having problems, and he's owed five back paychecks. He doesn't want to part with this stuff, but he has to find money to keep his home, his car, etc.

On the action figures, he said there are no variants or exclusives, everything's loose, and he has from Series One up until Suncoast stopped selling Muppets. He will entertain reasonable, realistic offers.

I have quoted this in the hopes of helping him avoid having to retype it all if it was just a glitch. If the original thread was removed intentionally by the moderators, they can simply remove this one too.

Dearth

dwmckim

Reaction score
DEARTH, THANK YOU! You saved the day! I have no idea why the other thread disappeared (my guess is some moderator thought it was too similar to this one but i purposely made two threads since the original detailed the Palisades figures and this one was supposed to represent everything else) I thought this would make more sense since the Action figure subforum has its own "fanbase" and the section is very specific to the action figures and those wanting to find them would see about those there while this thread would follow all the non-action figures i'm selling.

As poor a decision as it was to delete that thread, they went and deleted the one i spent the most time and work on. I honestly don't know what i'd do if Dearth didn't have that stuff saved and reposted it here. Words can't even express how furious i am that the other thread got deleted - we're only talking about MY LIFE AND SURVIVAL here! I'm not selling this stuff for fun! I'm selling it as a last ditch emergency alternative to losing everything and killing myself! If some moderator hates me that much that they want me dead, congratulations, you're doing a fabulous job of making that happen!

I've had one long panic attack and insomnia the last few days in a row and with this on top of it, i can't even think straight right now to think of what other important stuff was there that Dearth didn't cover.

At any rate, i'm no pricing expert especially since i never planned on selling any of this so i'm not listing specific prices - all of this is on the "make me a reasonable realistic offer" system. Name what you're willing to pay - but it needs to be realistic (remember why it's being sold in the first place!) so i reserve the right to turn down an offer that's too low. Plus if more than one person is interested in the same thing(s) the higher offer will be honored.

Please email me direct at dw_m@webtv.net and/or PM me - if you just reply in the thread i may not see it right away. I need to sell as much as i can as fast as i can to stave off the immediate threat but it's also going to take awhile to get caught up so this thread will remain active until i've either sold the unsold stuff or got back on my feet again. I will keep it updated with what's sold and what hasn't.

I do have all the basic action figures and playsets (just not the backstage) - all are out of box (since i never though i'd sell them) -no repaints or exclusives since i wasn't interested in them nor mega sized figures. I do have both the MCC pvcs plus the Mahna/Sam/Thog set. I also have a whole bunch of the Jack in the Box figures (i snatched up several back when that promotion was running since a lot of people don't have JitB's in their area.)

I was going to take this time tonight to inventory and list the action figures but now that time has been taken up attending to the damage caused by the loss of the original thread and i'm too upset and frazzled right now to do anything else.

Dearth

Reaction score
Glad to have been of assistance.

It was just a fluke. I fell asleep on the sofa watching TV about 11:30pm, which is really early for me, but awoke with a crick in my neck about 4am. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I fiddled around online, saw the thread, cut and pasted it into an email so I could ask for prices on the magazines and scripts, got sleepy again, and went back to bed.

For some reason I really crashed and over-slept until almost 1pm, got up, saw the second thread, noticed everyone saying the link didn't work.

For a few muddled minutes, I didn't even remember having copied it. When I did, I opened a Write Mail and hit Control + V, and sure enough, it was still the last thing in my copy and paste memory. If I'd seen anything else worth emailing in the wee hours of the morning, it would have been bye-bye baby.

(And, no, checking my Sent Mail would not have worked, because after I pasted in the big chunk, I had edited it down to just the items I was interested in.)

Anyway, I hope you're getting lots of emails and interested offers. Happy to have helped in a small way during this trying time.

You're gonna make it, don't let the panic get to you.

Dearth

P.S.
I have now emailed all the relevant text from this thread to myself in case it needs to be reconstructed again for any reason.

dwmckim

Reaction score
PM me some things you have. I'll be happy to help a fellow member out. I'm into figures, shirts (Men's XL preferably), plush dolls and puppets.
More details on the figures have since been (re!)posted with a more specific breakdown being posted later once i've calmed down. I'm sure i have a few odd plushes aside from the large Cookie Monster but i have to go through my boxes/closet/storage. No puppets though. I do have several shirts but they aren't being sold only because (a) they're either too worn or (b) some of the few clothes i own at the moment that still fit. I've been dealing with financial woes for a few years now and new clothes has been more luxury than necessity even despite my going up pants sizes in that time. Have to hang on to what i can clothes-wise. I only have two pairs of shorts (three if you count swimtrunks), one pair of jeans and two dressier pants in total that fit these days and one pair of sandals and one pair of dress shoes as far as shoes go (and the right foot is getting worn but still wearable and functionable enough for work)