Emmet Otter Musical

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get it... why is it some of the characters are portrayed by people in costumes and makeup, while other characters are puppets? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
I really wanna see this thing! I watched a few clips on YouTube after spying this thread, unfortunately I bet that's all I'll find...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
A lot of musicals are like that. The Lion King on Broadway is also like that, not all the characters are puppets, but a good number of them are. I guess it looked better/it fit more to have certain characters portrayed differently.

Hubert

Reaction score
I assume that it's mostly based on need. They'd like to stick to the original puppet roots of the show, but the stage show adaptation makes some characters almost impossible to use puppets for.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I went to see it, I Loved it, esspecially how The Jim Henson Company rebuilt the Snake Muppet from Riverbottom Nightmare Band and how they had a grand piano with a golden plate on the front or side that said "Henson" right on there. Plus there was 3 Muppet Squrrels that poped up on the bottom of the stage, there were all these complicated floor boards where they can do all these technical things with theater and fast when they move scene to scene. Super fascinating. Also Emmit and Ma do appear as their puppet selves breifly in the play. Man, I loved to go see it again. It was so good, it brought a happy tear to my eye. But still nothing beats the classic 1977 special of course, I just love the River Bottom Nightmare Band. lol