1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Emmet Otter Soundtrack Coming 11/2/2018

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by vettech28, Sep 20, 2018.

1. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

MuppetsRule likes this.
  2. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's going to be an Amazon exclusive or will be released all over the USA...

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Ooh, I hope so! It'd be just in time to ware it out in December and drive my family up a wall. :)

MuppetsRule and sesamemuppetfan like this.
  4. vettech28

I hope it’ll be on Apple Music so I can be able to listen to it before I buy it. But odds are it probably won’t because the Storyteller soundtrack isn’t on there and both soundtracks are released by the same company so I don’t know if it’s the company’s choice or what.

5. vettech28

6. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

Track list:

1. The Bathing Suit That Grandma Wore
    2. Jam Session
    3. Ain’t No Hole In The Washtub
    4. When The River Meets The Sea
    5. Bar-B-Que (Jug Band)
    6. Carrots The Dancing Horse
    7. Bar-B-Que (Yancy Woodchuck)
    8. Dancing Rabbit Act
    9. Squirrel Acrobatic Act
    10. Our World
    11. Brothers
    12. Riverbottom Nightmare Band
    13. Our World-Brothers
    14. Our World-Brothers Club Reprise
    15. When The River Meets The Sea Reprise
    16. Born In A Trunk (Bonus Track)

7. Pig's Laundry

:) yaaayy!!!
    She's beautiful. :cry:

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Yay! I can't stand when the audio on soundtracks is just lifted straight from the movie or special. Like, why would I want to pay for audios of whole scenes if I can just watch them on Youtube?

10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I downloaded it this week, and it is awesome.

It says on the iTunes page that there's a downloadable booklet if you download the whole album, which I did, but I can't figure out how to open the booklet. I downloaded it on my iPhone, if that matters.

I was amazed at certain songs sounding longer than I remember them (though I am aware that some songs were shortened in the original broadcast and extended in the 1980 ABC broadcast). I feel like the instrumental at the end of the "Brothers/Our World" reprise is longer than in the special.

I've read that The Jim Henson Company no longer has original backing tracks for The Muppet Show or Fraggle Rock, meaning audio releases would have to use the versions from the shows (if not re-using tracks that have already been released in audio form), so it is amazing that they've kept the original audio tracks for Emmett Otter after all these years, especially since it wasn't released as an album until now (were there plans for a soundtrack album back in 1977 or so?). Of course it's also amazing Henson kept all the deleted scenes from the original broadcast when it seems they didn't save deleted scenes from a lot of other productions.

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So I hadn't really listened to the song much until recently, but now that I'm listening to "Born in a Trunk" so much now, I now realize that it's about the trunk of a tree that was chopped to make a stage. All this time, I assumed the trunk in the song was the kind of trunk used for transportation, like a suitcase or box.