1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas Musical

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Zack the Dog, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I'd like to know when it is so I can go out there and audition!
  2. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I know that i should and i would if i could i just don't know where yet! I know that there has already been one audition from hearing from my friend in NY but he heard that from a friend of a friend. I would try out if i could. I mean i don't mind going back to NYC!

"Hey lady! If they didn't want these thing's ta roll they shoulda made 'em square!"

"Here ya go, it ain't even hurt!"
  3. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

I wonder how much of this is really confirmed Fact.

After talking to my many Puppeteer associates here in NJ, and NYC, no body has heard anything about this.

although i had heard rumblings of this idea before, not one Puppetbuilder, or performer I know has any moer knowlegde that what was written on Muppet News Flash.

not saying its not possible, just wondering if we are all putting the cart before the horse so to speak
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

All I know is the articles I have read and there is a biography online of Timothy McDonald stating he is working on an adaptation. Plus, I don't think Phil Chapman would make an announcement about it if it wasn't truth.
  5. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

despite all that , all of my many cotacts in the industry both in theatre, and film and Tv no nothing ,so while it may be something that is in development, i have yet to hear anything concrete confirming all of this, so until then i think we should be treating it as a development rumor, and nothing more.
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

A lot of the time things just get announced very early into the devlopment process, much like the Henson biographical film. The Muppet websites just pass on whatever news or press releases there are but so many things have been rumoured and announced and never been made. It's quite common with Henson - they option about 10 books a year even and we've only ever seen one make it.

I hope it does make it though, it sounds really good. I think a lot of people remember Emmet fondly. Also well done Zack for scooping all the Muppet websites, lol!
  7. Zack the Dog

I think it has been taken as a rumor. To start as how i posted it in my first post. It's an idea and it appeares that it is offical but that doesn't mean it's going to happen right away and with anything unfournutly it can be cancled or pushed back. just like all the rumored Muppet movie and show ideas in the pass. This seems to be just the start of the idea from what we know so far, i'm sure with time, like with anything and everything we will find out more!:) I just like to say that this is a really GOOD idea and i hope it does happen!

"Who are they Ma?"
    "Beats me!...Probaly some of them River Bottom boys..."

Blooper
    "Who are they Ma?"
    "Oh! WHO CARES? ! ? !"
  8. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

Reply TO email, Regarding Emmet Otter

Dear James,
    The title is in very early development--there have been no auditions announced (or planned.)

Please let the rest of the folks know--we're being deluged with requests. :)

Many thanks,
    Tim McDonald
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Thanks for the update, James. I'm glad you were able to get a response from Tim regarding auditions. Although the details of the show are being kept tightly "under-wraps" by all parties, I was able to get confirmation from several people at Henson about the development of the project and that Henson, Paul Williams and Tim McDonald were collaborating on a stage adaptation of "Emmet Otter".

As for auditions, the folks at Henson didn't say anything about auditions, but several reputable NYC talent agencies were listing auditions for the show taking place in the coming month -- I guess some wires got crossed there and possibly the word of the show being in development got mixed with the word of some other auditions. Glad to have the confusion cleared up regarding that aspect of the project.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Thanks, James and Greg!

Should I begin editing the very first post to include updated information?
  11. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

I am THRILLED about this prospect! :zany:

I can really envision this working well. And it's basically impossible not to fall in love with the characters, story, and music in the piece. I mean, the whole otter jug-band thing is just so great. And let's not forget the bad-*** teddy bear.
    :D

It's quite simply one of the most charming stories Henson ever adapted and produced. :halo:

Thanks for the information, everyone, and I look forward to hearing more!
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, I still can't believing it! :)
  13. Zack the Dog

There is a bit of some new information posted on theMuppetnewsflash.com! It all sounds great, This should be a wonderful project!:)
  14. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Member

Hey Gang-

I'm doing an interview for the Henson.com Podcast about this project tomorrow. I'd love to get some questions to ask, so if you have any send them over to podcast@henson.com before 11AM Pacific time and I'll do my best to work them in! Thanks!
  15. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Member

That's 11AM Pacific on Friday, May 30. Sorry I should have included that. Already got a few good ones.
  16. uppitymuppity

uppitymuppity Member

17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas: A New Musical

As previously announced, The Jim Henson Company and Goodspeed Musicals are preparing a live-action stage musical based on "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas". The show is set to run from December 7, 2008, through January 4, 2009, at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, Connecticut.

Featuring an unique mix of actors, and puppet characters from The Jim Henson Company, the show will also feature several all-new songs by Paul Williams (songwriter for the original special).

This musical was adapted for the stage by Tim McDonald and Christopher Gattelli; and is being directed and choreographed by Christopher Gattelli.

You can listen to exclusive sneak-peaks of two new songs ("Waterville" and "Keep Dreaming Alice") which were composed by Paul Williams for the show right here. You can hear these new songs, sung by the composer, while viewing some of the preliminary character sketches made by costume designer Gregg Barnes.

Tickets are now on sale for this show -- for more information, and to reserve your tickets, call the Godspeed box office at 860.873.8668 or visit the online ticket office.

Links:
  18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Um Greg? Where are the links to listen to the songs? All I get is some Macromedia Flash Movie text with nothing to click on to hear the samples. Thought I'd point that out, thanks for all your hard work as our #1 Muppet Newsman.
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh wow! I hope that somebody here gets a chance to see this live!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.