End of Frasier

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
So now that Friends is over, who's excited about Frasier? I have to admit I never could really get into Friends, though I did think Joey was a fun character. But I watched Frasier all the time in syndication before they replaced it with local news :grouchy:. No M*A*S*H and no Frasier makes Erin cranky... But anyway, it was a terrific show, and it will be fun to see what they do with the finale.
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
I never followed Friends, they weren't my cup of tea, and I tend to boycott performers whom I think are grossly overpaid anyway. But Cheers and then Frasier, oh yeah. The writing and line-delivery on Frasier was just so superior to anything else going on out there. (As with M*A*S*H.) They remembered that we have brains out here in Audienceland. I'm sad to see it go, but we'll always have re-runs. Kelsey Grammer is tied with James Arness of Gunsmoke for the longest-running portrayal of one TV character. (Over twenty years.)

:cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I heard about that! He was on Letterman the other night and saying that apparently they were going to get him and James on the Today Show together but when they invited James, he said no way and directed some very colorful language to be passed along to Kelsey on his behalf. I guess he's a little bitter about having to share the record...
Erin

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks Frasier is ending. I only started watching it early last year, and I'm really into it.

As for Friends, I watched most of the last episode and I guess it was pretty good. Never actually watched the show, though.

Beebers

Reaction score
That's hilarious. Arness is one of the last old cowboy toughies, he'd be a little cranky about it for sure. Or maybe he just doesn't like Perky Katie Couric lol.

:big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Did anybody see the parody of the Friends finale on SNL? I didn't watch the last episode but heard enough about it to know what they were alluding to. They had Bush and Rumsfeld (Bush oddly played by Will Forte, who I don't think has ever played him before, but Rumsfeld hilariously portrayed by veteran Darrell Hammond), and Rumsfeld had just gotten kicked out because of the whole prisoner scandal, and then he left a message on Bush's machine saying how much he cared about him and wanted to come back, and Bush was all concerned that he wouldn't make it. Then at the end he showed up in the doorway, and they were a little bit too happy to see each other... :rolleyes: It was kinda funny, though. They had a lot of Friends stuff on SNL last week. I wonder if they'll have anything with Frasier this week. Did anyone ever see the episode of the Simpsons with Sideshow Bob and his brother that was a parody of Frasier? That was quite funny. :crazy:
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sad to see Frasier go, but a part of the magic died when Niles got Daphne; although something new came of it.

I always enjoyed how they played UP to their audience, not down to the audience, making educated references to Operas or psychological jokes.

Yes, it's sad to see an intelligent comedy go away.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I agree that the show hit its peak when Daphne and Niles finally got together. Even though the show revolved around Frasier, that subplot became the most driving conflict of the whole show. I was very much hoping that Niles would get together with Daphne (he and Maris were already separated when I started watching the show), and I was all tangled up in knots every time Niles almost-but-didn't-quite tell Daphne how he felt. I could always relate well to Niles... I kinda figured the series would end with him finally confessing his love for Daphne and her revealing she loved him too, so when it went on for another four seasons, it's not surprising it lost some fizzle. And they keep making a big deal about this love of Frasier's life, but there's no way I can be satisfactorily thrilled with the resolution of a storyline that started half a dozen episodes ago. Now, Frasier and Roz, that would be something, but I think they're just too unevenly matched for it to work...
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
I watched Friends quite a lot in Germany, but I rarely understood what was being said. (It was in German) So I won't miss it. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm sad to see Frasier go, but a part of the magic died when Niles got Daphne; although something new came of it.

I always enjoyed how they played UP to their audience, not down to the audience, making educated references to Operas or psychological jokes.

Yes, it's sad to see an intelligent comedy go away.
.... and for low brow, unbearable "comedy" like America's Funniest home videos NEVER go away!
:eek: