End of Muppet Central?

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
Disney is notorious for its demand of control, including websites. Thoughts?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I haven't looked into this, but I don't think Disney could shut down MC. They could make us take down the graphics and Muppet smilies-- all images of Muppets, but they can't close down the site. I don't think they could make us change the name since Muppet is now in the dictionary, but I could be wrong on that. Disney is notorious for control, they sued a preschool for painting images of Disney characters on the wall, but they also want fans to support their properites.

Anyone know if Disney does fan clubs? Could we see a return of the Muppet fan club through Disney?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Welll... I'm NOT an export, but ahhhh.... i REALLY DON'T think Disney would try to shut us down! :wink: hey i have had a Disney site for almost 3 years now and I havn't had NO probblems! :smile: So I wouldn't worry to much about it! :wink:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
No more Muppet smilies?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Disney didn't have a problem with Miceage.com, Jimhillmedia, Mouseplanet, and the Laughing Place.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... if something absolutely terrible happens we can still have Fraggle and SS logos and graphics!

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I have seen and been on Disney forums and fan sites, and as far as I know they haven't had any problems. I don't think they could shut down Muppet Central-it would suck if they threw a tantrum over the muppet smileys and graphics, but even that, I'm not sure they can do much. No one is making a profit off any of it-its just a cool gathering place filled with cool people who like the muppets...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Copywrites and all that stuff confuse the heck out of me...

If someone makes a mural of Mickey Mouse or something, they send all their lawyers over to have them repaint the wall. But there's no one stopping the guys in the subway from selling bootlegg DVD's of movies currently in theaters or coming to theaters...

Lawyer priorities are simply off... If someone's enjoying a good time free on a message board or web page, there will be some doubt if someone tries to hassled the site owner...

I mean, If you're singing Zipadee Doo Daaa in a bar as a joke, lawyers could crack down on you... but if you sell bootlegg DVD's who knows what happens...

A lot of this is unfair, but that's Corperations for you