Episode Help Needed

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Hey everyone! To all of you who regularly (or occasionally) taped SS in the 90's or earlier, (this applies to both PBS and Noggin), I was wondering if you can help me out with a long lost episode I used to have. I will post as much info that I can remember from this particular episode.

To begin with, it was probably originally aired in Season 23 or 24, but my copy must have been a repeat that aired in Season 25 (when my mom started taping SS episodes) or Season 26. These are the inserts/skits I remember seeing in there (as well as the order of how I remember seeing them), even though it may be incomplete:

"South America Way"
Kent gets a kick out of being King of the Forrest
A girl dances her way into a family portrait
"Baa Baa Bamba"
Sounds in the house
Esmae's wooden clown breaks, and she is about to throw it away, when it suggests she use glue to fix it.
"Trash Can Tango"
The letter T is a very useful letter
We're Five
Island (in sped-up film, kids travel to an island)
"Cerrado"/"Abierto"
K for Karen the kangaroo (aired after the "Cerrado" song and before the "Abierto" song)
Down

The sponsors of the episode were: K, T, and 20 (I don't remember any of the segments that were shown for the number 20 in this episode). For another thing the plot had something to do with Gina (I think she had a cold, based on what my mom once told me; at least that's what she thinks). Also, I remember that some the characters that appeared in the main storyline were Herry, Savion, and Mr. Handford. The only scene I remember was the last one, and it went like this:

At Hooper's Store (which was being run by Savion), Herry finds a get well card for Gina, and he (with the help from Savion) puts it inside an envelope (along with writing the address and putting on a stamp), and he sprints outside the store to put it inside the mailbox (the one in front of 123 Sesame Street). After getting back to the store, Herry admits that he wanted Gina to get the card right away, only to get told from Savion that the card will get to Gina in a few days. Feeling very shocked and upset about this, Herry runs back outside. Mr. Handford comes back into the store and learns from Savion about what Herry was up to. They suddenly notice Herry and rush over to the mailbox. Then we see Herry shaking the mailbox (he was basically trying to pull it out of the ground). Mr. Handford and Savion run over to Herry and stop him, as well as telling him that he's not allowed to do that. Herry then explains that since he wanted Gina to get the card right away, he decided to take the mailbox over to her apartment, so she could read it as soon as possible. Savion and Mr. Handford explain to Herry that the mailbox is for everyone to use, and that it must stay where it is. After that explanation, Savion convinces Herry to instead just go and visit Gina considering that it's better than a card. Herry of course agrees and he starts walking over to Gina's apartment. Mr. Handford and Savion start walking back to the store, and Big Bird (in voiceover) announces the sponsors.

I used to have this episode taped, but most of it accidentally got taped over, and only the last few minutes are left (just the other half of the "Abierto" song, followed by the "Down" film, and the last episode scene, are all that remain).

Last summer, I got told by Sawing14s (via private email) that the episode was originally aired as Episode 2967, and reaired as Episode 3177. This puzzled me even further, because, according to Muppet Wiki, the sponsors were L, W, and 11, so I changed the page to include the info I'm giving out right now. (Yes I do have a Muppet Wiki account, but I don't use that one a whole lot, either).

So, if any of you out there can help me out with this episode, or if you happen to have the episode (whether it's the original or the repeat), please let me know (this also applies to whether it's from PBS or Noggin).

Thank you in advance!

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
OK, come on, I know that someone out there can help me. I'm sure a lot of you have all the 123 Sesame Street Episodes (the ones from Season 25), so to anyone who does, please check your copies, when you get a chance. So, once again, if anybody has the episode, whether it's the original, or repeat, and whether it's taped from PBS or Noggin, PLEASE let me know!

You can reply to this thread, private message me, or email me at tubaplayerfreddy@gmail.com. (If you contact me using my email address, please put one of the following phrases in the subject line, so I don't mark it spam: "Sesame Street Episode 2967/3177", "Episode 2967/3177", "Sesame Street Episode", "RE: Episode Help Needed", "Muppet Central", or "Muppet Central Forum")

Again, if anybody can help out, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you, in advance (again)!