1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Episode Ideas

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by D'Snowth, Jan 5, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I know there's been threads like this before, but the only ones I can still find are really ancient, and only have maybe a couple of posts each (and others are for specific seasons that had yet to air), so I think it would be a good idea to have a fresh start, and have a new thread for sharing your ideas of what kind of plots would work well for SST episodes.

Interestingly, one idea I had in the past was actually worked into the show . . . somewhat. The Elmo's Potty Time DVD is similar to an idea I had, only instead, mine was about Ernie having an (unspecified) "accident" while playing, but he's afraid to tell Bert about, because he fears Bert will make fun of him for it.

But for right now, in watching some old school episodes on YouTube, I feel like Episode 2073 could have worked well if rehashed as a street story for Season 38 - only instead of Petey learning about Mr. Hooper, it would obviously be Chris, who's curious as to why it's called "Hooper's Store" and not "Alan's Store" since Alan owns it.

Similarly, maybe not a full street story, but some kind of a short dedication of the street learning of the passing of Mr. Handford (in memory of David Langston Smyrl), with some of the residents recalling when he ran the store for a while, and maybe even Alan reminiscing about Mr. Handford selling the store to him and telling him what an interesting neighborhood the store is in.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I was literally just about to ask you something about this. I've been meaning to write more and i've been wanting to write some SST related stories for a long time. I was thinking maybe we could start a fanfic series together. That way we could share story ideas and critique each other's work.

3. D'Snowth

Sounds fun to me. I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote in fanfics, but I know I've wanted to try my hand at more SST fics, they just never seem to work themselves out.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Fantastic! Would it be alright if I PM you later on tonight to discuss?

5. D'Snowth

Sure.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Mind if I help with the fanfics as well?

7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Actually, that might fall under the "Sesame 2.0" category. Remember that April Fools' joke about that Minor Muppitz posted a few years back? That would definitely make a good fan fic.

8. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

How about Big Bird feeling sad because all of his human friends, who took care of him for years, have gone away?

9. D'Snowth

Might be an interesting way to teach preschoolers about genocide.

10. Censored

Or ageism. But, I know nothing can compete with scatological gross-out humor.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I agree. I need closure on Hiroshi, Petey, Lisa, Celina, Tom, and Molly the Mailwoman.

D'Snowth likes this.
  12. Censored

Why? Were they also fired for being too old?

13. D'Snowth

What about Mike and his insatiable teenaged appetite? Or, Real Life Could Write The Plot, and Carlo and his family could have been deported since they were in the country illegally.

14. Censored

Nah, let's stick with the gross-out humor. We'll have the show up to South Park level in no time.

15. D'Snowth

Caroll Spinney might actually like that - he's a big fan of SOUTH PARK

16. Censored

South Park has its place, but separate from Sesame Street.

17. Pig's Laundry

How do you know? South Park has had parodies of Sesame Street before, and in fact several South Park guest stars have also been on Sesame Street. For all we know they could be the same show.

18. D'Snowth

Aren't we all one and the same? Or aren't we all giant weeners nestled within a big cosmic bun?

19. Censored

Last I checked, Sesame Street never used the adult humor of South Park. I know it seems like an outdated idea, but there is actually still a difference between entertainment for adults and entertainment for children.

20. D'Snowth

Hmm, gee, it seems like I actually explained that very thing to you a couple of weeks ago.