Episode Ideas

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know there's been threads like this before, but the only ones I can still find are really ancient, and only have maybe a couple of posts each (and others are for specific seasons that had yet to air), so I think it would be a good idea to have a fresh start, and have a new thread for sharing your ideas of what kind of plots would work well for SST episodes.

Interestingly, one idea I had in the past was actually worked into the show . . . somewhat. The Elmo's Potty Time DVD is similar to an idea I had, only instead, mine was about Ernie having an (unspecified) "accident" while playing, but he's afraid to tell Bert about, because he fears Bert will make fun of him for it.

But for right now, in watching some old school episodes on YouTube, I feel like Episode 2073 could have worked well if rehashed as a street story for Season 38 - only instead of Petey learning about Mr. Hooper, it would obviously be Chris, who's curious as to why it's called "Hooper's Store" and not "Alan's Store" since Alan owns it.

Similarly, maybe not a full street story, but some kind of a short dedication of the street learning of the passing of Mr. Handford (in memory of David Langston Smyrl), with some of the residents recalling when he ran the store for a while, and maybe even Alan reminiscing about Mr. Handford selling the store to him and telling him what an interesting neighborhood the store is in.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I was literally just about to ask you something about this. I've been meaning to write more and i've been wanting to write some SST related stories for a long time. I was thinking maybe we could start a fanfic series together. That way we could share story ideas and critique each other's work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sounds fun to me. I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote in fanfics, but I know I've wanted to try my hand at more SST fics, they just never seem to work themselves out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Sounds fun to me. I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote in fanfics, but I know I've wanted to try my hand at more SST fics, they just never seem to work themselves out.
Fantastic! Would it be alright if I PM you later on tonight to discuss?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Interestingly, one idea I had in the past was actually worked into the show . . . somewhat. The Elmo's Potty Time DVD is similar to an idea I had, only instead, mine was about Ernie having an (unspecified) "accident" while playing, but he's afraid to tell Bert about, because he fears Bert will make fun of him for it.
Actually, that might fall under the "Sesame 2.0" category. Remember that April Fools' joke about that Minor Muppitz posted a few years back? That would definitely make a good fan fic.

Censored

Reaction score
How about Big Bird feeling sad because all of his human friends, who took care of him for years, have gone away?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Might be an interesting way to teach preschoolers about genocide.

Censored

Reaction score
Or ageism. But, I know nothing can compete with scatological gross-out humor.