Episodes Brian Henson could've specificiez

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are a few more guest-specific introductions:

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Leena Horne. (insert clip from closing number here) In this episode, Leena Horne sang the classic Sesame Street song "Sing". She actually made a few appearances on Sesame Street, one of which was when she sang bein' Green, which would be performed twice on The Muppet Show. Another thing to watch out for in this episode is the opening number, featuring a group of muppet mops. (insert The raggmopps clip) The lead-singing mop is the only one with a working mouth. That mop was performed by Peter Friedman, in his first of a handful of episodes that he performed in. And now, here is The Muppet Show."

"hi, I'm Brian Henson. this episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Peter Ustinov. (insert Muppet Labs clip) This episode features the only appearance of Cynthia Birdley, (insert clip from the conversation panel) who was performed by Cynthia Addler, who rarely performed on the show. Also be on the lookout for The Hatrack, (insert clip from the goodnights) who is referred to as the shows writer, and who is also credited as a writer in this episode. And now, here is The Muppet Show, written by The Hatrack."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Bruce Forsythe. (insert clip from Bruce's first number) In this episode, Bruce Forsythe danced with a full-body creature known as a gawky Bird. These creatures appeared in front of a black background and were performed by performers wearing all black so that they couldn't be seen. This episode also features The Snerfs (insert clip from opening number), who were also performed the same way. And now, here are Bruce Forsythe, The gawky Birds, The Snerfs, and others on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show featurs sandy Duncan. (insert clip from opening number) Also in this episode is a running gag involving a banana sketch. (insert backstage clip with Gonzo asking Kermit, "You haven't heard of the banana sketch?") Also watch for a number called "Never Smile at a Crocodile" (insert clip here). That number took us one of the longest amount of times spent to tape a short scene. And now, here is The Muppet Show."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some More

Here are five more:

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Avery Schrieber. (insert clip from closing number) Avery Schrieber was formerly a part of a comedy team called Burns and Scrieber. The other half of that team, Jack Burns, was The Muppet Show's head writer during the first season. Another classic moment in this episode is Muppet Labs, (insert clip here) in which Dr. Bunsen Honeydew invent a gorillia detector. And now, here's The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Ben Vereen. (insert clip from closing number here) During this episodes closing number, Ben Vereen sings to a fury green creature with a long nose. This creatures name is Droop. Droop originated as a Frackle in the Muppets 1970 special called The Great santa Clause Switch, and shortly after that, the puppet was slightly rebuilt into Droop. Years later, on Muppets Tonight, I performed a character named Nigel, who had a similar design. (insert clip with Nigel the Director here) And now, here's The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features Phyllis Diller. (insert clip from her first number) This episode is noteworthy because it was the only episode where Hilda had a storyline of her own. (insert clip with Hilda) Hilda was a wardrobe lady who worked backstage during the first seaon. She was performed by Eren Ozker, who left the show after the first season, and when she left, we stopped using Hilda. Now, here's Phyllis Diller and Hilda on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Vincent Price. This episode was also our first themed show, in which every act revolves around a theme. (insert following clips as Brian says the last line: Behemoth eating Shakey Shanchez, Gorgon Heap eating Pierre Lacoust, Wanda turning into Boppity, Beautiful Day Monster covered with bats, ghosts flying around in House of Horrors sketch, and monsters in the audience) And now, here's Vincent Price and the monsters on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show features valerie harper. (insert clip from he closing number) She does an axct with a group of monsters called The Clodhoppers. The number took place in front of a black background, with the performes in black, so you don't see the performers. Also in this episode, Statler makes a rare backstage appearance. (insert clip of statler backstage). And now, here's Valerie Harper on The Muppet Show."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
Hahaha! Did you forget the Jim Nabors episode?
Ooops!

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Jim Nabors. (insert clip from closing number) In addition to Nabors, this episode also introduces Scooter. (insert clip of Scooter introducing himself) However, this was not his first appearance. Scooter had made a few previous appearances on the show, yet this is the episode where he was properly introduced. And now, here's Jim Nabors on The Muppet Show."

P

Princeton

Are you sure the main Raggmopp was performed by Peter Friedman? It sounds an awful lot like Frank Oz.

D

Dil

Hey, Minor Muppetz, could you kindly continue making mock-introductions?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Are you sure the main Raggmopp was performed by Peter Friedman? It sounds an awful lot like Frank Oz.
Yes, it does sound like Frank Oz, but all sources I've seen (Muppet Central episode guide, Kermitage character guide, and Muppet Morsels... I won't list Muppet Wiki since I added that info there) cite Peter Friedman as the performer. While all of these sources have had the occassional mistake here and there (even incorrectly listing the wrong performer for a certain character), I believe that these sources are correct.

Most of Peter Friedman's characters do sound a bit like other performers, though. Pa (in I'm My Own Grampaw) sounds like a cross between a Frank oz and Jerry Nelson voice, Andre the Artist and the Ten Foot Tall Talking carrot both sound like Jerry Nelson characters, the banana (from the Sandy Duncan episode) sounds like a John Lovelady character, and the crocodile (from Never Smile at a Crocodile) sounds like a Richard Hunt character.

The only other character who I know that Peter Friedman voiced was one of the singing firemen in the Roy Clark episode, but I don't know what that character sounded like.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here re some more "introductions".

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Twiggy. (insert clip from the beginning of The Kings Breakfast) One of the sketches that Twiggy appears in is an adaption of the A.A. Milne poem "The Kings Breakfast". (insert clip from the story portion of the sketch) The king in this sketch originated in an unsold pilot that my father produced called Tales of the Tinkerdee. (insert clip from that special) In that special, the king was called King Goshposh. He later appeared in the special Hey, Cinderella! (insert clip from that special), and then he was rebuilt for The Frog Prince, where he was called King Rupert the Second. (insert clip from that special) The queen from that special also originated in Hey, Cinderella, but was male and called Featherstone. (insert another clip from Hey, Cinderella!) And now, here is The Muppet Show."

"Hi, Im Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Ethel Merman. (insert clip from the closing number) One thing to watch for is Fozzie's monologue. (insert clip from monologue) During the monologue, Fozzie get's heckled by a man named Leo, who originally appeared in the Muppet Meeting Films that my father created. (insert clip from a meeting film) And now, here is Ethel Merman on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Kaye Ballard. (insert clip from the closing number) However, backstage in this episode, the band decides to quit the show because they can't stand the theme song. (insert clip of the musicians saying what they think of the theme song) Although we never see how Kermit get's the band to stay, they are back by the next episode. Another interesting thing about this epsiode is the opening number. (insert clip from opening number) It features three musiciasn made to look like their performers: (insert photo of country trio and performers for comparrison) my father, Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Jerry nelson. Now here's Kaye Ballard on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars a unusual group of mimes called The Mummenshaz. (insert clip from the talk spot) Also in this episode are backstage scenes involving Gonzo having a crush on Miss Piggy (insert clips from backstage scenes) Although Gonzo's crush oin Piggy wouldn't last long on The Muppet Show, it became a recurring gag on Muppet Babies. (insert clip from a Muppet Babies episode) And now, here are The Mummenshaz on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Don Knotts. (insert clip from closing number) It also features one of our most unusual numbers, The Windmills of Your Mind. (insert clip from that number) it's a really crazy number featuring a three-legged creature who runs wild. And now, here's Don Knotts on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episode of The Muppet Show guest stars Milton Berle. (insert clip from The Entertainers) It also features the very firt Pigs in Space sketch. (insert clip from Pigs in Space) And now, here's Milton Berle and the swinetrek crew on The Muppet Show."

"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. This episdoe of The Muppet Show features Rich Little. (insert a clip from the press sketch) Also in this epsiode is Gonzo's auditioning of dancing chickens. (insert clip of the first audition) After this episode, the writers decided that Gonzo should be romantically attracted to chickens. (insert clip from "Won't Somebody Dance with Me") Eventually, they gave him a regular chicken girlfriend, Camillia. (insert clip of Camillia;s first scene from the Leslie Uggums episode) And now, here's Rich Little and a lot of dancing chickens on The Muppet Show."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
before I make more introductions...

I would like to say that I am starting to get to episodes that I haven't seen. Should I limit my introductions to episodes that I have seen, or should I also make up introductions for episodes I haven't seen, citing facts that I know about the episodes that I haven't seen?