Er...did anyone else just notice a site outage?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
this is getting innnnnnterrrrreesssitttinggggg..........................

Sarah

a little too much info for me!

anathema

Reaction score
OK, I just had the problem again last night, around 23:25 GMT. This is the error I got when I tried to access any page on forum.muppetcentral.com:

Not Found

The requested URL /suspended.page/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at qbert.vosn.net Port 80

beaker

Reaction score
Holy crash Batman!

I found MC to be down most of the day, be it a server outage or that file error message. Then again Palisades forum has been crashed a lot of times as of late. Must be that Jelsoft vBulletin template thing....I swear everyone's using that forum template, and I do mean *everyone* ^_^

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 404 error should be fixed...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a variety of things going on with our host at the same time yesterday. Things should be better now, but if anyone experiences any unusual problems please continue to let us know.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the forum was very slow yesterday, and then it crashed to the SQL message thing. Then the whole thing went down totally last night into mid this morning. It was like a world without Muppet Central ......... i could have rediscovered books, classical musical or done something worthwhile - instead i used this momentus possibly lifechanging occasion to speak to Cory on AIM !

Ahhhh Technology ! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
i could have rediscovered books, classical musical or done something worthwhile - instead i used this momentus possibly lifechanging occasion to speak to Cory on AIM !

Ahhhh Technology ! :big_grin:
Word:wink: Unravelling the mysteries of life and the symphony of time and space itself is quite nice.

Actually every few posts it gives me a "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later." message. Man, this forum sure is screwy as of late!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i'm getting that too - on most hosts servers they limit the amount of simulteanous SQL connections the server can accomodate. I wonder if maybe this is whats the problem ?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah i'm getting that too - on most hosts servers they limit the amount of simulteanous SQL connections the server can accomodate. I wonder if maybe this is whats the problem ?
I dont get it, how could 15 or so people trump up a server:wink: