1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Eric Jacobson

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Splurge, Dec 10, 2002.

1. muppettheatre

muppettheatre New Member

Sorry to burst some of your guy's bubbles but the guy with long hair in those pictures is actually Steve Whitmire who performs Kermit, Rizzo, Ernie, .... Eric is the one with shorted hair who is performing Bert in those pictures.

As for muffins I don't know if Eric likes them. He is a picky eater and I know for a fact that he likes his salad "naked" (sans dressing):o
  2. Daylight

Daylight New Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm fairly sure all of the people in this thread recognized Steve and knew the other guy was Eric. They were refering to him as having longer hair than in his other pics not as having the longest hair that being Steve.

All these silly people with their muffins and envelopes!
  3. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

"Silly people with their musffins and envelopes"....Hahahahahahaha!!! For some reason.....That just made me laugh!!!
    ENJOY the sillyness, Daylight!!! EMBRACE it!!! It's what makes life FUN!!!! :D (And....INSANE, but that's beside the point!)
    Or is THIS <--- beside the point??? (Hehehehehehe....It's dumb, I know! But it made me laugh!)
  4. muppettheatre

muppettheatre New Member

Daylight- I was just saying it in case there was any confusion, because I know of one person who thought that Steve was Eric based on that post, and I just wanted to make sure no one else made the same error. I guess that I also don't think of his hair there as being long, because it's about the same length as its been the entire time I've known him.
  5. Daylight

Daylight New Member

muppettheatre

Okey dokey. I understand. It could be a bit confusing. So how do you know Eric and what's he like?
  6. muppettheatre

muppettheatre New Member

I know Eric from interning with JHC on Sesame Street, he's super nice, and definately a lot more reserved than the other puppetteers. There's really nothing bad you can say about him, he's a great person to know. :)
  7. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

someday i am going to meet all the muppet performers....

whenever my parents agree to buying me a ticket.....

ARGGGHHHH

Sarah:mad:.....:)

i can't stay mad

*throws a muffin*

*eats a muffin*

OOOH chocolate chip!
  8. muppettheatre

muppettheatre New Member

There are still so many more that I want to meet, such as Frank Oz, and Bill Baratta, and Dave Golez, and ... I've only met the one's who work on Sesame Street and a couple others:excited:
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i'm still jealous!

Sarah
  10. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

So, what does an intern do there? What was the best thing you learned?

-Lynnette
  11. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I wouldn't share w/EVERYONE that you know Bill Barretta, muppettheatre!!! Otherwise, Emmy and Jackie will be attacking you going, "WHAT DO YOU KNOW???? :D they get a lil' crazed when it comes to their Bill.....
  12. muppettheatre

muppettheatre New Member

Most Henson interns don't get to work on set on productions, they tend to work in other departments, I was fortunate enough to intern with the workshop and I got to frequently be on-set (of SS) helping out, I also built a couple of the props and costumes used on the show, and I even built my own small muppet that I got to keep. My favorite part though was playing with the puppets, which I wouldn't have really been able to do if not in the workshop. The SS interns tended to work both doing paperwork and such as well as being on-set occassionally (I think I had it better off. ;) ) It's a fun experience that I recomend to anyone, it's a time that I'll probably never forget, and I've made friends with some of the puppeteers so I still get a little bit of the inside info. Everyone is so wonderful too, one of my last days I started crying because I knew it was all going to end soon:cry: and Kevin Clash came up to me and gave me a hug and told me that I was going to be back, he was right I've been back to visit a couple times.
    To recap: EVERYONE WHO CAN SHOULD TRY TO INTERN!!!!!!:excited: IT'S THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME:)
  13. muppettheatre

muppettheatre New Member

Actually, he's one of the few I DON'T know, but I'd like to. I do know Pepe though!
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*wondering how you know pepe and not bill*

oh well i was just listening to Santa Baby from the christmas special (thank you scarecroe) and i CANNOT get over how GREAT AND ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS eric sounds....i think i like piggy's singing voice better with him doing it........it sounds more professional almost.....i was watching MM and frank's tended to crack a lot....(which you can't blame him much i mean a guy doing a female pig) but when i heard eric i just flipped! talking he's got it abot 95% i mean for a pretty much first project i thought it was great! fozzie was about 90% accurate throughout the film...see frank had this nasal thing going with fozzie, and eric doesn't and i actually think that i might like eric more! i've never had frank as my favorite so maybe i'm being partial, but he was the PERFECT replacement! that's just my thoughts this late at night.

Sarah
  15. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Sadly that is that whole, you need to be a student to intern thing. . . Which leaves most of us out. . . .
  16. muppetfreak12

muppetfreak12 New Member

interesting

this has really nothing to do with this thread, but Muppetfreak, WE HAVE VERY SIMILAR NAMES!!! (That's so cool.)
  17. Muppetfreak

Muppetfreak Member

Ah but you have numbers after yours which sadly means that I am cooler......

;-)