Ernie and Bert's Addition song

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was watching this show (briefly) before I left this morning, and To my surprise they used a GOOD skit oat the end of Journey to Ernie today. (none of that "Ernie's Show and tell crap")

Today, Ernie sang a song about addition ("WHy Zydico," said Bert), and Ernie keeps adding guests to their tiny appartment. It was a very funny song, but guess what? AN OLD CHARACTER WAS SPOTTED!!! It was GLADYS THE COW!!! Apparently, they do use her puppet as an extra after Richard passed on!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure she said anything. I know Cookie and Grover were there too, and it was pre-recorded, so possibly Eric Jacobson Performed Grover and Cookie was David Rudman doing the puppetry only.

Martin P Robinson (Fomp) played the Martain (Yip Yip Yip), and the cows must've been other muppeteers. I know this is a newer one. Firstly, Steve has performed Ernie leading up to this, and the Ernie Puppet looks fairly newer era. I think that Gladys was used as a stock cow.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Maybe it was a Video clip with Jim Henson/Frank Oz/and Richard Hunt doing the voices

ssetta

Reaction score
Okay, Frank Oz actually did perform Bert in this one. This was before he left.

This has actually been discussed before, but this song was originally called "One And One Make Two." I don't know that it was ever on the show, but it was on the album "Numbers". It was much nicer, it was just the 2 of them, and it went like this:

Oh, the number 1 is not my favorite number
(Why?)
Because 1 means only me, and there's no you
(Aw, Ernie)
But 1 plus 1 you see
It makes 2, that's you and me
And it's more fun
When 1 and 1 make 2

1 and 1 make 2
Oh, yes I'm pretty sure they do
Just me and you
1 and 1 make 2

But it was more about being friends than about addition.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No! This is a new one. It has Steve Whitmire as Ernie, Frank Oz as Bert and the voices of Cookie and Grover.

This must have been this or last season.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I am still about confused about Frank's retirement. I mean is he really gone for good, or does he just alternate with Eric Jacobson? According to the Internet Movie Database website, Frank will play his regular characters in that new Muppet Christmas movie. I'm not sure if that's true or if they just made a mistake.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, he didn't! It's Frank's hurt Pride that did it! That obese idiot Marlon Brando was to blame!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wait a minute. I'm not sure what you mean, Dr. Tooth. You mean he didn't retire or he didn't perform any characters in the Muppet Christmas movie?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Dr. Tooth, are you still there? *sigh* I guess I'll find out when that Muppet Christmas movie airs. I guess I got a little off topic with my question anyway.