Ernie And The Mailman

bigbird

Reaction score
Anyone remember this one? A postman was trying to locate a certain address to deliver a letter or package. The name on the piece of mail was supposed to go to Mrs. Maryanne..,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z. He meets Ernie and Ernie(sans Bert) tells the postman that he will find "Maryanne" living next door to Harold 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.. The whole thing repeats itself a few times until the postman finally tells Ernie he has to go. Ernie says something about that the person that the mail is going to is waiting for it to be delivered. When the postman asks Ernie how he knows, Ernie wisely says "it's from me"!

Censored

Reaction score
bigbird said:
Ernie says something about that the person that the mail is going to is waiting for it to be delivered. When the postman asks Ernie how he knows, Ernie wisely says "it's from me"!
And then the exasperated postman says, "It figures." and he walks away.

Xerus

Reaction score
I also remember Ernie telling the postman that Maryanne and Harold were both school teachers. Maryanne teaches spelling because of her name. And the postman says, "Let me guess, I bet old Harold 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 teaches arithmetic." Ernie goes, "Nope, he teaches lots of number songs."

bigbird

Reaction score
Actually, Ernie said that Harold was a music teacher. "He teaches alot of musical numbers"!