Ernie & Bert Before and After (Eating cookies from the tin)

Dantecat

Reaction score
I know this skit was just made in 1969 But,

(1)What just happens in this skit?

(2)Where did it take place at?

(3)How is it?

(4)If ending music is on there how does it go?

4 Questions please! :wink:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
ernie wants to east some cookies and Bert says it's time for dinner and Ernire says 2 times all come along right after i have some cookies and i don't know why it went like this but Bert asks Ernie if he knows the difference between before and after. and he doesn't so bert says for example if you want a cookie you have lift the cover and after it's lifted, than you can have a cookie. so Ernie decides to practice this a few times but after a 4th cookie he's not hungry for dinner.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Thanks Mike! But you forgot the last 3 questions to answer.So take your time please! :wink:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
I know this skit was just made in 1969 But,

(1)What just happens in this skit?

(2)Where did it take place at?

(3)How is it?

(4)If ending music is on there how does it go?

4 Questions please! :wink:
(1) Ernie wants to eat some cookies and Bert says it's time for dinner and Ernie says 2 times all come along right after i have some cookies and i don't know why it went like this but Bert asks Ernie if he knows the difference between before and after. And he doesn't so Bert says for example if you want a cookie you have lift the cover and after it's lifted, than you can have a cookie. so Ernie decides to practice this a few times but after a 4th cookie he's not hungry for dinner.

(2) In the basement of 123 Sesame Street.

(3) Good.

(4) The same ending music as the "sheep, fire engine, and balloon" sketch.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Thanks Mike! But you forgot the last 3 questions to answer.So take your time please! :wink:
even though i try to answer people's questions the best i can, i think you're getting carried away with some of these questions. just figure that it was in their apartment.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
before and after cookies

I haven't seen this clip in eons, but I remember it like it was yesterday. Every time Ernie lifted the cover, he grabbed a cookie (look like Oreos). He demonstrates for our benefit four times:

"Before I can have a cookie, I have to lift the cover.
After I lift the cover, then I can have a cookie"

Of course that kills his appetite for dinner, much to Bert's frustration.
At the end, Bert is looking more than a little peeved, so Ernie hands him a cookie. "You want a cookie, Bert?"

But magically, he does so WITHOUT lifting the cover!!! Wow!

ssetta

Reaction score
It's another way of saying "Ages."

Ziffel

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
I haven't seen this clip in eons, but I remember it like it was yesterday. Every time Ernie lifted the cover, he grabbed a cookie (look like Oreos). He demonstrates for our benefit four times:

"Before I can have a cookie, I have to lift the cover.
After I lift the cover, then I can have a cookie"

Of course that kills his appetite for dinner, much to Bert's frustration.
At the end, Bert is looking more than a little peeved, so Ernie hands him a cookie. "You want a cookie, Bert?"

But magically, he does so WITHOUT lifting the cover!!! Wow!
I just mentioned in another thread how I ruined my appetite for any dinner due to eating snacks this afternoon. And I mentioned how that reminds me when Ernie did that with cookies. But I don't recall yet seeing that skit mentioned here so I searched for it and saw this thread.
Yeah, it's been eons since I've seen this one too but remember it pretty well. At the end when Ernie says, "I'm not hungry anymore, Bert", Bert sighs in frustration. When Ernie asks if Bert wants a cookie it's funny how Bert just turns his head and looks at Ernie but doesn't speak (Almost like the look was, "Are you kidding me!" )
And yes, as Totally Spies Fan said, the ending music was the same as the "counting sheep, fire engines, and balloons" sketch. Five beats of music. Weh Weh Weh Weh Wehhhhh.
Boy, Ernie ruins his dinner with cookies, eats cookies in bed, takes Bert's cookies a bunch of times (even wanting half of Bert's half of a cookie!), sets his alarm clock to remind him to eat his cookie on the table, substitutes cookies for eggs in the egg carton. Ernie was quite the cookie monster himself!