Ernie & Bert

jediX

Reaction score
Except for the intro to the Connie Stevens TMS.

Kermit: Its the Muppet Show with our very special guest star Connie Stevens and from Sesame Street, Ernie & Bert!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think the "Best of" video that I have is called "The Best of Ernie and Bert" as well...

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Well, for the sake of fairness, one SS album is titled "Bert and Ernie Sing-Along" (best SS album ever, IMHO) and another is "Having Fun with Ernie and Bert"... in-house it's not always consistent, but fans are always much better on continuity than the people who actually *make* the show. After all, it's all the nitpicking nerds on alt.tv.simpsons who caused the creation of the deliberately-annoying Comic Book Guy

Cherry "Worst... trope... EVER!" Pizza

jediX

Reaction score
I think it sounds better as Bert & Erine, just because that's what I've always referred to them as, and it's alphabetical. It really doesn't matter at all. Think about Kermit & Piggy -- they are usually referred to as that but what about Piggy & Kermit? It's not wrong, but it definately sounds weird since we have always heard Kermit's name first in the pairing. Just like Bunsen & Beaker, Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem, etc.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
After all, it's all the nitpicking nerds on alt.tv.simpsons who caused the creation of the deliberately-annoying Comic Book Guy

Wow, I didn't know that! That's funny. :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
jediX said:
I think it sounds better as Bert & Erine, just because that's what I've always referred to them as, and it's alphabetical. It really doesn't matter at all. Think about Kermit & Piggy -- they are usually referred to as that but what about Piggy & Kermit? It's not wrong, but it definately sounds weird since we have always heard Kermit's name first in the pairing. Just like Bunsen & Beaker, Dr. Teeth & The Electric Mayhem, etc.

I guess when u watch SS and see Ernie u think hey he's the funny one so u recall to as Ernie and Bert then u see Bert and Ernie. Look at the Beds. Ernie's on the far left and Berts to the right of the screen. and then u normally see them w/ Ernie being on the left and Bert being on the right. So then u start to call them Ernie and Bert then Bert and Ernie. There might be a couple of times u see Bert on the left and Ernie on the right but most of the time the other way around. So that could also be another thing to why some call it " :stick_out_tongue: & :frown: .

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
After all, it's all the nitpicking nerds on alt.tv.simpsons who caused the creation of the deliberately-annoying Comic Book Guy

I used to read that board, and I remember the first "Worst Episode Ever" quote--I loved that they were targeting their own fans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
CherryPizza said:
Well, for the sake of fairness, one SS album is titled "Bert and Ernie Sing-Along" (best SS album ever, IMHO) and another is "Having Fun with Ernie and Bert"... in-house it's not always consistent, but fans are always much better on continuity than the people who actually *make* the show. After all, it's all the nitpicking nerds on alt.tv.simpsons who caused the creation of the deliberately-annoying Comic Book Guy

Yes and no... CBG actually appeared in the second or third season before the age of internet, but those guys did pretty much shape the character...

CherryPizza

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Yes and no... CBG actually appeared in the second or third season before the age of internet, but those guys did pretty much shape the character...
I'm trying to think of an early appearance of his. The only one that comes to mind is "Three Men and a Comic Book" (Bart, Martin and Milhouse buy a copy of the first Radioactive Man)... you're right, in that episode he was somewhat a prototype for the character he is now , but you can see how his development was aided by that group

One Simpsons quote that seems timely in this discussion:

Milhouse: "We gotta spread this stuff around. Let's put it on the Internet!"
Bart: "No! We have to reach people whose opinions actually matter!"