Ernie's Sweater Pattern

muppetperson

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find a pattern/instructions to knit a replica of Ernie's Sweater? It appears to be a cotton knit base with wool knit collar,cuffs and waist band.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I'm not sure,but you could probrably ask ravagefrackle.I hope he can help you.Wish you a lot of luck.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I don't know of a full fledged "ernie's sweater" pattern, but here is a pattern that is a similar shape:

http://www.woolworks.org/patterns/raglan.html

Now all you'd have to do is figure out the striping and color placement.

His sweater has 4 colors: red, yellow, blue, and white.

Yellow is used for the cuffs and neckband.

The sweater stripes are horizontal: I'd guestimate (depending on your number of stitches and rows/inch) 3 rows red, 1 white, 3 blue, 1 yellow. Don't forget that the sleeve stripes are knit vertically so that when he stretches his arms out (like balancing on a beam) the stripe continues across. (I hope that made sense.)

Hope this helps!

Jason

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fantastic!!Thanks for the link, Jason/SesameKermie and the vertical stripes on arms tip.I wouldnt of thought of that.Thanks also for your suggestion, JoeyMuppet.I contacted Ravagefrackle and he generally doesnt work in the Costumes area or know where there is a pattern, but told me Ernie's Sweater is custom made for him, so I wouldnt find a Sweater in a shop or it wouldnt be likely to find the pattern, but at least now I have a rough guide.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sure, but might take a little while to get organised and get materials, but when it's finished, I will find a way to post it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
SesameKermie said:
Glad I could help! I wanna see pics when you're done.
Here it is at last

I had to find someone who could machine knit it.In the end, you dont need a pattern to make it.It is just knitted in a "T" shape and you measure as you go along.:stick_out_tongue:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks.The only thing I didnt like is his left arm.His stripes go across for the human axcess arm, but then they dont match up to the stripes coming down from his shoulder.But I suppose it couldnt be done differently because of the curve of his arm.