Ethel appreciation thread

P

Princeton

The next couple threads from me are going to be appreciation threads. This one's for Ethel(from Dinosaurs). She's my favorite character and I think it's great when episodes are focused around her; for example, Last Temptation of Ethel and Hurling Day. Anyone else dig Ethel?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, she was a great character. Any Monsters Inc. fans think that Roz bears similar resemblence to Ethyl?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
LOL. Ironically, I happened to catch Florence Stanley (Ethyl's voice) on a "Malcolm in the Middle" rerun yesterday, and my jaw immediately dropped.

One of my favorite Ethyl moments is when she's reading "Goodnigt Rock" to Baby. Here's a similar quote as to what she said.

ETHYL: " 'Goodnight rock. Goodnight tree. Goodnight hole. Goodnight another rock. Goodnight moss. Goodnight yet another rock.' (Closes and tosses book away) Goodnight, book. What'd you think of it?"

BABY: "Stu-pid!!"

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
One of the saddest episodes of Dinosaurs was the one that was based on "Driving Miss Daisy", where Earl drives Ethyl to her class reunion while secretly the rest of the Sinclair family are taking a family portrait for Earl's birthday. The entire ride to the class Ethyl bothers Earl.

But then, when Ethyl gets to the class reunion, she finds out that she is the only living member of her class. The host starts reading off class superlatives, and Ethyl wins every one. Ethyl is crushed, and Earl comforts her.

When Earl gets back home, the family is still taking the family portrait, so Earl stops them, saying that someone from his family is missing from the picture. (I believe that one of the kids then asks "The Television?" or "The refridgerator?" or something like that :stick_out_tongue: ) Then Earl insists that Ethyl be in the picture.

It was such a moving episode! One of the episodes that has really had an impact on me.

I love Ethyl, she is such a great character, in both her serious roles (as in the episode mentioned above) and when she is being funny!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. I really liked the "Driving Miss Ethyl" episode. It was good too see Earl finally become friendly with Ethyl. I also liked "Hurling Day" and the afterlife episode.

maxdrive

Reaction score
i love this caracter i loved the epp where she dies but comes back they show her what her **** would be liek wheny uo open the door is all earls i thought that was so funny