Eureka's Castle

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
It wasn't produced by MTV. It was produced by MTV NETWORKS, which is Viacom's cable-television division.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Right, MTV Networks, the overhead for MTV itself. That's the head company that produces and approves all of their programming (just below Viacom in the rankings). The name isn't as prominent as it was when EC was on, but if you look at old shows on MTV, they are all MTV Networks productions. So basically the TV Station didn't do it, but their overhead did.

-Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Lets face it, Since the Muppets nearly every Hand Puppet Show looks like a Muppet rip Off.

No one knows how to make they're own individual look now, Its crazy !

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Lets face it, Since the Muppets nearly every Hand Puppet Show looks like a Muppet rip Off.

No one knows how to make they're own individual look now, Its crazy !<<<

Too true Warrick! (That's why I amended my post, heh)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ya know...originality in anything is hard nowadays. So much has already been done. Its really a huge problem for me, being I really should figure out what I'm going to do with my life so I know what to do in college. But I just don't know. I mean, I think and think, but nothing new. All been done before. I know I'd like to work on the television, but I just can't figure it out yet. Well whatever, I guess theres always a promissing career in automobile sales waiting if I can't find my true calling.

So basically, give the copy-cats a little more slack. Its hard as *heck* to come up with an original idea, especially in childrens entertainment.

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Cantus:

>>>Ya know...originality in anything is hard nowadays. So much has already been done. Its really a huge problem for me, being I really should figure out what I'm going to do with my life so I know what to do in college. But I just don't know. I mean, I think and think, but nothing new. All been done before. I know I'd like to work on the television, but I just can't figure it out yet. Well whatever, I guess theres always a promissing career in automobile sales waiting if I can't find my true calling.<<<

Man, I never realized how much you sound just *like* me. Wow.
Yeah, Im gonna be completely honest...I feel kind of undecided in life...I have these big bright dreams of making movies, writing novels, etc...my more realistic goals of putting out a comic book will most likely be one of my to be accomplkished goals next year.

But yeah I too am trying to figure out what Im gonna do with my life...however, I shoul dhave some big news regarding some first steps Im taking next week. Anyways, to lift something from KSY, hope ya find your star! I hope everyone does!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah, Cor, you sounded alot like me in that post there. I am getting a few things connected slowly, hopefully by college I'll have some idea of who I am. Yeah...lookin' for my star...still lookin'...keep fishin'...weezer...:frown:

-Matt

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm jumping in to this thread late (Aren't I always?) but I loved EC! It hasn't aired in Canada for years but the show has quite a little following here.

- The puppets were built by 3-Design Studio Inc, the same folks who created puppets for "Wimzie's House", "Groundling Marsh", "The Puzzle Place" and most of the non-Muppet shows coming out of NYC. I've been trying to dig up info on 3-Design for years with little success, but I think alot of the builders come from the Muppets. They also design toys and do costumes I believe.

- MTV Networks (Viacom) owns Nick and Noggin

- All of the secondary puppeteers with the Muppets are non-exclusive to JHC, but I believe the 1st string puppeteers (Kevin, Steve, Dave, etc.) do have exclusive (and lucrative) contracts with JHC.

- Interestingly enough, while JHC never fretted over "EC" they did sue "Wimzie's House" which used very similar puppets to the "EC" ones also built by 3-Design Studio.

matleo

Reaction score
Hey Buck,
Kim Kroupa (the aforementioned batly) is one of the foundign members of 3 Design. They also built the puppets for "Betwen the Lions". I have few "Lions" contacts and have met the 3-Desgin folks once or twice but can't remember their names besides Kroupa's. Let me do some digging and I might be able find out more. If you have specific questions drop me a note and I'll see what I can find.

--Matt