European McDonald's

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
Hey, I heard (at toughpigs.com) that McDonald's in Europe will be having Muppets Happy Meal promotions -- a series of dolls (main characters).

Anybody German here? I have an aunt in Germany and plan to ask her to get me a Swedish Chef, but I don't know what Germans call him. I don't think it's just the simple translation of 'Swedish' and 'chef.'

Auntie is not hip to the jive concerning Muppets, so knowing what to tell her to ask for would really help.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
whoops! Im sorry, i posted this same thing about ten minuets after you did. i hope you get the chef thought:smile:

Zack)Rowlf the Dog.

WOMAN! WOMAN!

Reaction score
okey-dokey

That's OK, Zack. It doesn't look like there are any Germans on this board, anyway. Perhaps if one of you fine people with young German friends could ask them and let me know what the Swedish Chef is called in Germany... My aunt is 80-something years old and would have no idea what I'm talking about. She's never even been to McDonald's! But she would risk a Happy Meal for my sake.

radionate

Reaction score
I've got a few close friends in Germany, and one thats moving back there today (sniff). She says that they just call him the Chef. Nothing more, nothing less.