Evening at the Pops and Dick Cavett Appearances

zns

Reaction score
I am looking for these Sesame Street appearances:

-Evening at the Pops 1971
-Dick Cavett 1971 (promoting the Muppet Alphabet Album)

If anyone has these, please let me know. I have two tv documentaries from 1969 on PBS with Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Don Sahlin. They were basically broadcast in color and were used as sequels to the Muppets on Puppets documentary the year before. If anyone can help me, please help me.

ploobis

Reaction score
I am looking for these Sesame Street appearances:

-Evening at the Pops 1971
-Dick Cavett 1971 (promoting the Muppet Alphabet Album)

If anyone has these, please let me know. I have two tv documentaries from 1969 on PBS with Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Don Sahlin. They were basically broadcast in color and were used as sequels to the Muppets on Puppets documentary the year before. If anyone can help me, please help me.
I'm trying to find The Dick Cavett Special from 1971 my self. I hope that we both will have luck finding it.

"LONG LIVE THE MUPPETS!" :smile:

zns

Reaction score
Can somebody out there at least recommend someone who can help me find these specials?

zns

Reaction score
I think I have a solution as to how I can get the Evening at the Pops special. I have a friend who has a friend who works at my local PBS station (WITF Harrisburg) who might be able to find it in the stations archives. Hopefully I will have some luck finding it. I got two other tv specials from him before.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I think I have a solution as to how I can get the Evening at the Pops special. I have a friend who has a friend who works at my local PBS station (WITF Harrisburg) who might be able to find it in the stations archives. Hopefully I will have some luck finding it. I got two other tv specials from him before.
Which ones?

zns

Reaction score
Which ones?
They were two tv documentaries with Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Don Sahlin, which I don't think anyone else has heard about. They were produced in color in 1969 and were sort of like sequels to the Muppets on Puppets documentary the year before only each one was a half hour long. The first one is called The Muppets Make Puppets, in which Jim shows the audience how to make puppets out of simple things such as styrofoam balls and pieces of cloth. The second one is called Muppet Puppet Plays, where Jim and Frank show how kids can set up their own puppet show. That's basically all they are.

I am going to see if I can get the Pops special from that guy, if he has it that is. If he doesn't, then maybe someone like Phil Chapman (if your reading this Phil and have what I want, let me know and we can do business) may have it.