Evolution of Season One

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I just got through watching the first 12 episodes in production (not airing) order. For those who don't know, the shows were taped in this order:

"The Thirty-Minute Work Week"
"Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk"
"You Can't Do That Without a Hat"
"The Preachification of Convincing John"
"Let the Water Run"
"Catch the Tail by the Tiger"
"I Want to be You"
"Wembley and the Gorgs"
"The Lost Treasure of the Fraggles"
"Beginnings"
"The Terrible Tunnel"
"The Finger of Light"

Some observations:

-The first two episodes have a sort of yellow/amber tint to them, esp. in the backgrounds, and the back walls of the cave are drawn; the third episode has more of a gray tint; "Tiger" apparently uses dark lighting to avoid the hand-drawn backdrops, and the blue/black combination (as seen in the opening titles) comes along around the time of "I Want to be You" and is seen consistently starting with "Wembley and the Gorgs"
-In "Work Week", the Trash Heap's and Sprocket's eyes are different; Marjory's eyes don't open, and Sprocket's open from the sides
-Ma Gorg's hair parts to reveal her eyes in "Work Week" and "Water", but are redesigned by "I Want to be You"
-most of the action takes place in a sort of nook- the one with paper Doozer cutouts and a picture of Traveling Matt- instead of the Great Hall, which would seemingly evolve out of the swimming hole set in "Water Run", although that doesn't come along until about week 7, although it reappears once more in "We Love You Wembley" (perhaps the last-ditch effort to see if said set worked?)
-we don't see the set of Gobo & Wembley's room until "I Want to be You", and it isn't revealed as being their room until "Wembley and the Gorgs"

Anybody else have any observations? Any comments?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MWoO

Reaction score
I was surprised that Gobo and Ma Gorg changed during season one. I always thought season 1 had the first Gobo for the entire season.