Exactly How Does the Stoop Work?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This has been puzzling me for quite sometime, so I was just wondering exactly how the stoop works when you'll see like Elmo or other Muppets sitting on a step? You'd think it would be a very tight fit down there for multiple muppeteers (like when Elmo, Rosita, Grover and Zoe were all sitting on the stoop one time); and how do they recover the holes for them to stick their arms through so whenever humans have to walk on it they don't step into them?

BEAR

Reaction score
I'm so glad you asked this, D'Snowth. I've been wondering the same thing for a while.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Of course there are hidden trap doors that are virtually invisible on camera, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hidden area is built lower than the actual sidewalk.

Carroll Spinney even said that many Bubsy-Berkley water musicals were built on that stage at Kaufman-Austoria and the sidewalk is built over where the swimming pools were.

ISNorden

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Of course there are hidden trap doors that are virtually invisible on camera, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hidden area is built lower than the actual sidewalk.

Carroll Spinney even said that many Bubsy-Berkley water musicals were built on that stage at Kaufman-Austoria and the sidewalk is built over where the swimming pools were.
Those old pool locations (if they're dry but not filled in now) would make good places for the Muppeteers to stand without feeling too crowded; I assume they've got some way to see the street-level action from down there.

BEAR

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
I assume they've got some way to see the street-level action from down there.

Moniters?