1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Exhibit - Jim Henson's Fantastic World

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by zns, Aug 28, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Hmm...don't know why that link got broken. I've reposted the links and it should work now.

http://www.sites.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibits/henson/main.htm

Anyway, this looks like the last leg of the tour:
    9/12/2009 11/29/2009 James A. Michener Art Museum, Doylestown, PA
    12/19/2009 3/14/2010 Mississippi Museum of Art, Jackson, MS
    4/3/2010 6/27/2010 National Heritage Museum, Lexington, MA
    7/17/2010 10/10/2010 Fresno Metropolitan Museum, Fresno, CA
    10/30/2010 1/23/2011 Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL

Jackson, MS, is about 5 hours away and MIGHT be a trip I'll take if other MC folks are near there and think they might want to meet. Make it an MC Meet Up!
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Should've known they wouldn't come anywhere close to me. :rolleyes:
  4. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

don't worry, they're no where near me either.
  5. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I have been waiting for over 2 years for it to come to Chicago and I have about one year left. I am already excited.
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Well, it isn't the same as seeing it in person, but if you have the book Jim Henson's Designs and Doodles then you have the majority of what is on the walls. The Muppets that are on display you have seen in books and more all over.

I'll check and see if I have any extra brochures from the show, and if so I'll post about it here where folks can send a postage paid envelope and I'll send it back out. IF I have any extras.
  7. aVeryBriefCameo

aVeryBriefCameo New Member

I got back from the one in Doylsetown, my wife and I drove 6 hours to get there, but it was worth it. I MAY have snapped a photo or two with my phone of Ernie and Bert, and then one from the side of Kermit....
  8. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Just wanted to let you know that I love your Forum name. Very funny and great line from GMC.
  9. aVeryBriefCameo

aVeryBriefCameo New Member

Thank you, originally I wasn't sure if I was going to stay on the forum, so I thought that would be clever. But looks like I'm still here.
  10. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Look forward to getting to know you. We really are like a family on here.
  11. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Hey gang,

I've been tinkering around with some very crude editing software, and here's a sneak preview of one of my current projects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njK488L-JK0

I took snippets from the Smithsonian website's podcast audio and matched them to photos that I've dug up all over the web, mainly on Flickr.

The goal was to make it like the way we experienced it in Jackson, MS last year.

So far it's a work in progress. I'm only on the third track of audio. I also plan to fix some of the glitches and add a few more effects.

Oh, and be sure to let me know if anyone knows where I can find a good photo of Craig Shemin (or even a video clip... that photo of Karen Falk is captured from a DVD).

Dearth
    aka Alex
  12. Greenlantern999

Greenlantern999 New Member

Hey guys I just went to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry showing and it was amazing! you walk in and there is Kermit sitting there to welcome you, when I saw Rowlf I wanted to hug him, it's like seeing a friend you haven't seen in a long long time. One of the real amazingly cool things at the Chicago edition of the exhibit is Miss Piggy in her wedding dress from Muppet's take Manhattan! It was amazing! Although there were no pictures allowed I was able to grab some pictures with my camera phone of Kermit, Wilkins, Wontknis, Rwolf, Ernie, Bert, Manah Manah, and the Snowths. I am going to go back in a few weeks and see it agian and try and snap a few more pictures and just take everything in. It was truley amazing and if you can get to it I hope you can!
  13. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Sounds cool!

Here's my completed video. I decided not to show the photos of the people talking after all, so that saved me the necessity of finding an image of Craig Shemin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgF37J3S5Sg

It may get pulled for third party content, so watch it while you can!

Dearth
    aka Alex
  14. WillyThePig

WillyThePig Member

The Fresno met closed about three months before the exhibit came. This always happens to me.