Expert puppet designer and builder availible

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
this is just a basic anouncement, i realize many people want to have there own muppet charecters to have and hold, but i do not do muppet replicas under any circumstance, its just wrong as far as i am concerned. sorry to disapoint .i will happily build any original ideas or my own stye of puppet for you .

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Wow that stuff's awesome. Is that cartoonisized Yoda the one from VMC? I never got to see the front of him.

Thanks for showing up here and welcome!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
Wow that stuff's awesome. Is that cartoonisized Yoda the one from VMC? I never got to see the front of him.

Thanks for showing up here and welcome!

yeah i spent three weeks on him, 2 different head sculpts, and they didnt use him, nor did i get credit for the three months of work i did on that film, lousy corprate moirons, i suppose if i had been some inter i would have, sorry i m still agry about that.lol

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
Yeah, "VMC" is a shortened form of "a Very merry Muppet Christmas" for quicker writing purposes on the boards. The Yoda puppet was in it (but definitely not long enough).

Frackle, do you have any picture of the first head sculpt? That would be a treat to see.
no sorry it was scrapped

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
RE: Arm Rods

ravagefrackle said:
it all depends on the puppet and the proplems you face, most of puppet building involves problem solving in one way or another .
For example, a puppet like Floyd has hands like I use for my characters. What kind of connectors are used in the hands/wrists to attach/detach the rod from the hands? I've tried several things, including a screw and bolt, even snaps, but nothing seems to work like I'd like it to (as far as remaining well hidden and professional looking).

My puppets (mostly Muley) are seen at www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
For example, a puppet like Floyd has hands like I use for my characters. What kind of connectors are used in the hands/wrists to attach/detach the rod from the hands? I've tried several things, including a screw and bolt, even snaps, but nothing seems to work like I'd like it to (as far as remaining well hidden and professional looking).
Hey Foz, have you tried my method?* Well, it's not actually "mine" and it's a little tricky, but I've been surprised how well it works and how "professional" it looks when done properly.

*This isn't the method the Muppet use though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Tztz said:
fozzie bear, i have just saw your mule and he is soooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good work, i loved it
Thank you!! Muley thanks you, too. :smile:

Buck Beaver said:
Hey Foz, have you tried my method?*
Yeah, the current Muley has that in his hands, and I did it based on what you showed. It worked super well, and his hands look marvelous! It's the insertion/removal of the rod I'd like to be able to accomplish, the way the Muppets do it. I did this at the same time I built the hands for our Giant Klown at the haunted house this year: www.nightmarez.org and check the galleries for this year's haunt (October 2003). It worked super cool; Thanks.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Thank you!! Muley thanks you, too. :smile:

Yeah, the current Muley has that in his hands, and I did it based on what you showed. It worked super well, and his hands look marvelous! It's the insertion/removal of the rod I'd like to be able to accomplish, the way the Muppets do it. I did this at the same time I built the hands for our Giant Klown at the haunted house this year: www.nightmarez.org and check the galleries for this year's haunt (October 2003). It worked super cool; Thanks.
what you need to remember is that the muppets are built with rod pockets to ease he switching of rods in and out but the are all individaulized to suit the puppet there is no one write or wrong way, try using some doulbe stick tape and pins, we often spend 1 to 15 minutes geting the rod to look right in the hand,

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Ravagefrackle!

Say, Peter wrote me last night and mentioned making a fabric tube that has elastic around it at both ends which would lock the rod in place if it had some cork around it (or some other item) to keep it from slipping. Is this the same as a "rod pocket?"

If Pete figured that out on his own, then he's my hero! :smile:

trooper_trent

Reaction score
I have seen them where there is a small hole on the underside of the wrist where a thin plastic tube is inserted and the hand has an aligator clip inside it. So you squeeze the hand to open the clip and insert the rod, then release to clamp the tub around the rod, holding it in place.