1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Extra smiley idea

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Katzi428, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I thought of something (and mentioned it in Muppet College Dorms):
    Maybe a "Swedish Chef" smiley could be put in with the others when we're mentioning food or drink. I mean...the Chef does cook (or attempts to ;) )
    Let me know what you think...whether it's a good idea or bad idea.
  2. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I like the idea! Also, what about some sort of icon for a hug? Yesterday I wanted to send a hug to Kathy and didn't know what icon to use. I don't know, maybe Grover? Just a thought. The current icons are awesome so I don't want anyone to think I don't like them, but I agree a couple of new ones might be fun.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Same here Beth. I would love to see more. I would like to see SS characters and more Fraggles and more Muppet Characters too. Do you hear us Phillip?!
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I hear, I hear. :)
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

LOL Thanks Phill. So what do you think?
  6. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Yeah and we could have a Big Bird one for skocked.
  7. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

Can't wait to see if new ones become reality.:smirk: Would be awesome.
  8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

How many spaces are left though? Cause there are only a limited amount of spaces for Smilies I believe.

We already have, I believe, 25.

Ones that could always be replaced, (IMHO) are: Tutter, Teeth, Gobo, and Bert.

Remember the petition for a penguin smilie!
  9. floydnjanicefan

floydnjanicefan Active Member

I like the idea of a Grover "hug smiley" and a Big Bird "shocked"

Also, maybe a Cookie Monster "hungry" would be cool
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Who designed the original smilies? I'm guessing Jamie?
  11. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

That's right Vic Romano. Jamie did design them.
  12. FISH'N'WOLFE

FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

We definitely need the Swedish Chef for a smilie.
  13. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

No no, no need to be replacing Tutter! The smilies we have are fabulous as they are. But I think a Big Bird one would be fabulous! Personally I think we could replace Bunsen (confused) with Beauregard and then have Bunsen with a light bulb over his head! Although Beauregard woluld be exceedingly hard, so I'm not too stressed over it! I think the besy ones are Beaker and Oscar!
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I don't want to replace any of them. There's got to be a way to add more and keep the ones we have.
  15. DanDanStrawberry

We could change the "Post Icons" instead, which are just normal smileys. But I'm making it sound like I can snap my fingers (which incidentally I'm never been able to do) and make them appear!!
  16. floydnjanicefan

Hey everyone, I just have a random question about the smileys... I really enjoy all of the muppetcentral smileys, and I was wondering if there was anyway to use them (or similar smileys from somewhere else) on AIM instant messenger? I would love to use these, but I do not know how and I am not sure that is possible. Does anybody know?
  17. DanDanStrawberry

I have no idea what AIM is, but despite this fact I know you can get AIM icons or whatever on muppets.com in the "Muppet Stuff" section.
  18. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

AIM = AOL (American Online) Instant Messenger
  19. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I don't know about taking out Bunsen or Bert. I think that would be breaking up a set (Bert/Ernie Bunsen/Beaker). Perhaps some of the less popular characters could be taken out, maybe Sam, Scooter or Zoot. Just my opinion.
  20. floydnjanicefan

You cant take out those characters either, they are so great! Besides, I like that there is a complete set of the Electric Mayhem Smileys. I think that we really cannot get rid of any of the already existing ones, and we should just hope that they can find a way to make more.