1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Eyelid Question

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Mr.Penguin, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

Hey everyone, I've been having trouble with a seemingly simple part of a puppet I'm building and was wondering if anyone here can help me out!

My character design has ping-pong ball eyes on the top of it's head but it needs eyelids. Sort of like Mokey Fraggle or Nigel from The Muppet Show, but at a more grumpy looking angle. It's more like Mokey because I'd like it to go around the back of the eye as well, not just on top. We're using a non-stretchy felt right now so any sewing we try makes it lumpy and can only fit on top like a hat with clear stitch lines. If possible I want it to be one piece, or really look like it is! When I google stuff about covering balls it's not helpful and the only eyelid tips I get from puppet sites are a lot of questions about moving eyes that mostly use plastic pieces.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to try out, or a simple shape pattern? Thank you!:)

2. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

D'oh, well looks like I finally figured it out! :oops: You work on something for a week and the day you think of asking for help...:shifty: