Facial Expressions

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
What about Uncle Matt's expressions? Does anybody find them silly or weird?

Hubert

Reaction score
Thank you for this thread! I'm a huge fan of Muppet facial expressions, they're so awesome.

I also love Wembley's expressions, especially the nose/mouth one that Slackbot mentioned. It's got so many different emotions packed in it and sometimes even can be used for different emotions, like, being shocked, scared, embarrassed, etc. :coy:

One that hasn't been mentioned is Elmo. I love it how Kevin can push down on Elmo's mouth and make his eyes sink in. Hilarious for showing extreme frustration. :laugh:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Thank you for this thread! I'm a huge fan of Muppet facial expressions, they're so awesome.

I also love Wembley's expressions, especially the nose/mouth one that Slackbot mentioned. It's got so many different emotions packed in it and sometimes even can be used for different emotions, like, being shocked, scared, embarrassed, etc. :coy:

One that hasn't been mentioned is Elmo. I love it how Kevin can push down on Elmo's mouth and make his eyes sink in. Hilarious for showing extreme frustration. :laugh:
You're not alone, Hubert. Since Wembley has been my favorite FR character even in my chilhood days, I always laugh at his expressions. I always asked, "How did he do that?"

Elmo? Oh yeah! After I heard the sad news about Clas's departure of SS, I had no idea he was the one who did wonderful facial expressions. I wish I would get to know more about him earlier before that happened.

Bridget

Reaction score
What are your favourite Muppet facial expressions? One that makes me smile every time I see it is Kermit's scrunchy face whenever he gets angry or frustrated. I also love it when Miss Piggy makes that face where her snout almost ends up in her mouth.
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! You stole my exact expressions! These are the exact one's I was going to say! Especially Kermit's face!

Grifoshka

Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned Bert's eyebrow yet!:frown: It's hilarious when he rises it, looking at the camera, like at the end of "Do De Rubber Duck".
I also like Red's expression when she's annoyed or disgusted, even if her face isn't as expressive as Wembley's.

And I don't know if it counts as facial expression, but every time any Muppet opens his/her mouth and nods happily after a sketch, my heart fills up with joy. :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score
I agree about Bert, that eyebrow lifting he does is so awesome to convey an emotion of surprise and such. One of the things I love about a Bert and Ernie sketch.
Now Red is a Muppet that I cannot believe I forgot! Her expressions, though somewhat limited, are just so awesome. The way Karen could manipulate her face to show frustration and annoyance just really adds to the Red-central scenes.

cjd874

Reaction score
I agree about Bert, that eyebrow lifting he does is so awesome to convey an emotion of surprise and such. One of the things I love about a Bert and Ernie sketch.
Like this? Probably the best example of what Grifoshka and Hubert said.