1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Faerie Tale Theatre Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greengables95, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Greengables95 Member

I always liked this series even from a very young age. At seventeen, I still enjoy this series (maybe even more so today as there was a lot of adult humor). This is a series anyone could enjoy. For the eight and under set, it's Fairy Tales. For us older folks, there's lots of reasons we can enjoy it too (having stars from the past like Teri Garr, Pam Dawber, and Gregory Hines, nostalgia, and humor geared toward everyone). I just wish they did more tales (I would have loved seeing Faerie Tale Theatre: Peter Pan with Christopher Daniel Barnes as Peter Pan, Gilda Radner as Wendy (they had older people playing children all the time, that's one of the best things about this series, seeing legitimate actors and comedians act like children) Loretta Swit as Tinker Bell, Bill Murray as Captain Hook, Peter Ustinov as Mr. Smee, Harry Thomas as Michael, Neil Patrick Harris as John, and Faerie Tale Theatre: The Little Match Girl with Angela Lansbury as Grandmama, Megan Follows as the Little Match Girl). Great series!
  2. heralde Well-Known Member

Cool choices!

I actually compiled a list of some of the show's guest stars in an earlier post:

James Earl Jones as the Genie of the Lamp
    Susan Sarandon as Beauty from Beauty & the Beast
    Matthew Broderick as the Prince from Cinderella
    Jean Stapleton as the Fairy Godmother
    Tatum O'Neal as Goldilocks
    Joan Collins as the Witch from Hansel & Gretel
    Malcolm McDowell as the Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood
    Mary Steenburgen as Little Red Riding Hood
    Mick Jagger as an Asian emperor (seriously!)
    Eric Idle as the Pied Piper
    Ben Vereen as Puss in Boots
    Jeff Bridges as the Prince from Rapunzel
    Harry Dean Stanton as Rip Van Winkle
    Bernadette Peters as Sleeping Beauty
    Christopher Reeve as the Prince from Sleeping Beauty
    Carol Kane as the Good Fairy from Sleeping Beauty
    Vincent Price as the Magic Mirror in Snow White
    Robin Williams as the Frog in The Frog Prince
    Jeff Goldblum as the Wolf in The Three Little Pigs
    Carrie Fisher as Thumbelina
    William Katt as the Flower Prince in Thumbelina