1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

False info on Muppet Wiki?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by MikaelaMuppet, Jan 29, 2018.

1. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

So, this rare Sesame Street promo just got uploaded to YouTube!

The video with We Are All Earthlings is from 2002. Muppet Wiki says this: In 2007, a portion of the song was used, as sung by Elmo, in a spot for PBS in preparation for Earth Day. An extended version was later used as a general PSA about talking to kids, including vocals with Big Bird (in the original version of the song, Big Bird can be seen in his nest in a clip).

I'm all confused here. At the end of the promo, it says something about talking to kids which makes me think this is the extended version. There are no vocals from Big Bird, but there is dialogue from him at the end.

Are there really two different versions of the spot, or just one?

2. MikaelaMuppet

So did the promo air earlier than 2007? Or did another promo air in that year?

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible that nobody caught it airing until 2007 and assumed it was a new promo.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

So can the info be changed then?

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I dunno, can it?

6. MikaelaMuppet

It probably can, but I’m not sure about which version of the video it is.

7. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

F*ck me it is one mistake it's not going to end the world

8. MikaelaMuppet

I know it’s not, but was just wondering, that’s all.

9. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

You should probably go on Muppet Wiki and tell them that they made a mistake, that's all.

10. MikaelaMuppet

I’m not on Wikia anymore.

11. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Then just don't worry about it; it's not the end of the world.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  12. MikaelaMuppet

Whoops. Looks like the info is not false after all, and would like to really apologize for my false misunderstanding.

See, I got confused at which version got uploaded, and wasn’t sure if there was just one version out there.

The only info that’s false is the year that it aired.

13. MikaelaMuppet

You’re right, it’s really not the end of the world.

14. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

"I've been to the end of the world. This isn't it." Hilda Spellman

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  15. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Speaking of false Sesame Street-related information:I have a question. Is this article real or fake?
    http://www.clickhole.com/article/did-sesame-street-go-too-far-yesterday-when-big-bi-7298
    It just seems sooooo fake to me. One of those Poe's Law type things where it's fake satire that tries to get you to believe it's real. There's no way Sesame Street would show something like this and when I looked it up, there is absolutely no other proof aside from this site that such a thing even happened. Seriously, you probably wouldn't even see THAT on Wonder Showzen much less Sesame Street! Btw, if this article actually is fake. To whoever wrote this, please realize that while you may think it's "funny" to spread lies about a children's TV show but you are actually spreading lyrics about the best children's show out there. One that has impacted the lives of many and taught children valuable lessons since 1969. So if that is the case, KNOCK IT OFF!

16. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

The ClickHole is a joke site. It's the Onion's version of BuzzFeed.

17. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Oh......I see :)