Family Christmas & Disney World Specials

beaker

Reaction score
Last night I watched Muppet Family Christmas(dvd) and Muppets @ Walt Disney World(recorded vhs) and am always amazed how inspiring and beyond cool these two are. Some of the best stuff came from the late 80's(like these, or JHH) For anyone whose interest or mania in the Muppets has been waning lately(tho I dont see how that could happen!) watch these! These two specials are hands down without a doubt thee two best Muppet specials ever that JHC has produced(in my opinion) With Peter Harris directing and Juhl writing, these two show two of the best examples of the Muppet's ingenius chemistry, fun, love, and celebration.

MFC in particular is a milestone in the Muppet world, as it marks the first full blown Muppet crossovers(with Sesame and Fraggle Rock) For those who dont hold Sesame Street in that high of regards, rewatch this, as the fun between Muppet Show and Sesame canon is top nothc(like Cookie and Janice, or Rizzo and Oscar) It's a shame JHC hasnt done any cameos or corssovers between Muppet show and Sesame characters in over a decade.

And Muppets @ WDW. Wow. The scenes with Gonzo and Camilla exploring the hidden areas of WDW, and Piggy/Beauregard on those rides is so awesome. This also marked Beauregard's starring role in quite some time(if ever) And featured the last time
the Muppet gang as a whole(Main 5, plus Bunsen/Beaker, Mayhem, and supporting guys) had an adventure together(In MFS, it just seemed like a Main 5 outing) Plus there's even a FR cameo(Sprocket)

Tho it would take some truly insane circumstances for the Muppets@WDW special to ever hit dvd, I hope it does find its way to dvd...as this is one of the greatest Muppet specials ever.

Who else on here has fond memories of MFC or M@WDW?

Almost forgot: The scene with buckethead Beaker/bunsen and the salsa taco selling Swedish Chef vendor is TOO MUCH!

gorry

Reaction score
i have only seen MFC and love it.it's the best muppet movie i ever saw.the em singing jingle bell rock,fraggles,sesame st.,and the ending scene with all the muppets singing we wish you a mery christmas(i think) was just amazing.

gorry

Reaction score
oh,yeah i own the movie muppet famliy christmas.i thought it was a muppet christmas carol at first,that's why i boguht it.but now i am happy it wasn't mcc.lol.

FER SURE

Reaction score
I love Muppet FC it's so heartwarming. I also have fond memories of Muppets ao WDW but haven't seen it in years. I would love to get my hands on this. If anyone wants to trade e-mail me. I warn you ahead of time i have not much to trade.

Foreignman

Reaction score
I love both of these specials so much! As a kid, at my grandparents house Muppets at Walt Disney World was one of the three videos (I think Tiny Toons: How I spent my Summer Vacation ("I see a car, I see a car, I see a car") and Little Lulu goes to Candy Land were the others) they had at their house (and we were at their house alot). As a result, as a kid, I must of seen Muppets at Walt Disney World about 40,000 times, and I love it so much, a combination of my favorite entertainers and my favorite place. I wish I had the video now, it was lost somewhere during these years :frown: . But I can still watch it whenever I want at the Museum of Television and Radio, a great place for Classic Muppet Entertainment.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, of the Muppet specials I've seen, MFC is my favorite. And, yes, since (hate to say it) my "interest or mania" in the Muppets has been waning lately, I can watch MFC because it never gets boring.

As for Muppets@WDW. MAN, I want that special!!! I haven't seen it since '95 or '96. Disney=Henson, my favorite combination! Well, maybe someday. Maybe if Disney actually BUYS Henson. (That would be a first. :-P)

Tell me, how does the Museum of Television & Radio work? You go to the place, you get a video, go to a room, and watch it? How does it work? I have no idea since I've never been to New York.

Foreignman

Reaction score
The Museum of television and Radio works like this: they have a large room with many computers, you go to a computer and choose up to 4 programs you want to watch from their database. You then go downstairs and watch the programs you have selected on one of their many moniters, it's all done digitally. They treat the Muppets very well down there, just last summer the main exhibit was Jim Henson, for the 25th aniversary. Because of that they have lots of Muppet stuff in their databank and in their giftshop, not to mention playing in their theatres. That's right, Muppet Specials playing in huge theatres, it's fantastic. I love the place, last January they held a special screening of Billy Crystal's baseball movie 61*, with Billy Crystal their! It was a great experience, and when he was answering questions after the movie he seemed like such a nice guy, and genuinley very very funny in person.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Are you allowed to go back and watch more things when you're done?

Foreignman

Reaction score
Yeah you are, and if you're a member you can watch up to 6 things during any given block.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
So if you're not a member, are you only able to watch four programs while you're visiting? Can you go back and view more if you're not a member?