Family Circus movie (facepalm)

Ignatz

Reaction score
Whule we're still talking about comic strip movies I've always thought Zippy the Pinhead would make a good road movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dilbert was actually made into a TV series in the late 90's but didn't run for very long.
That's because it was on UPN. Of course, I don't think any of the major networks would have given it the time of day. It was far superior to the comic strip, actually. They really got to make jokes about corporate corruption at the hands of idiot CEO's. Something we could all use right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whule we're still talking about comic strip movies I've always thought Zippy the Pinhead would make a good road movie.
I don't think the creator granted them so much as a TV special. He seems to be one of those hands off cartoonists. And it's probably for the best. Trying to copy that style of humor would end in failure.

What I'd like is a CGI US Acres movie, DTV or something... and get as much of the main cast as possible back. They'd need to find a replacement for Howard Morris, though. I'd probably say Tom Kenny would do a decent job for Wade.

ProboSowa

Reaction score
Next thing you know there'll be movies based off of television idents. :rolleyes:

Princeton

Reaction score
That's because it was on UPN. Of course, I don't think any of the major networks would have given it the time of day. It was far superior to the comic strip, actually. They really got to make jokes about corporate corruption at the hands of idiot CEO's. Something we could all use right now.
There was also an animated series based on Baby Blues which aired on Comedy Central; I'm surpised CC didn't think to pick up the Dilbert series, which was superior to the BB series (though in terms of the actual strips, I prefer Baby Blues).

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was also an animated series based on Baby Blues which aired on Comedy Central; I'm surpised CC didn't think to pick up the Dilbert series, which was superior to the BB series (though in terms of the actual strips, I prefer Baby Blues).
Baby Blues lasted shorter because it was originally a WB show. Those do worse.

At least with Dilbert, you can watch them on hulu. I swear that show was much deeper in corporate satire than the comic ever could be.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I forgot about that Baby Blues animated series... I was disappointed though that they made it adult though, I thought that was kind of un-necessary.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That was the big boom (and subsequent bust) of adult animated sitcoms when Baby Blues popped up. This was when Family Guy (when it was GOOD) just popped up, along with The P.J.'s, Futurama, and a whole bunch of ones that didn't even last a season.