Fan Club Artifacts

zns

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to find all of the pieces to the original Muppet Show Fanclub that was done between '77-'82? Many of the things such as all issues of newsletters, fan mail responses, photos, membership cards, etc. Just wondering since it's hard to find these things. Thanks :smile:

vaati64

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to find all of the pieces to the original Muppet Show Fanclub that was done between '77-'82? Many of the things such as all issues of newsletters, fan mail responses, photos, membership cards, etc. Just wondering since it's hard to find these things. Thanks :smile:

heres a set of letters
http://cgi.ebay.com/1979-The-Muppet...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 thats the only thing that I can find for now though. Hope this helps:smile:

zns

Reaction score
I hope this dosn't sound too greedy, but I would like to try everything at once if possible. But thanks anyway.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ebay's your best bet. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a "complete set" of stuff but your best bet is waiting for some kind of lot auction (even if it's not everything) and then filling in the blanks. I'd offer copies of the newsletters as i have them all but right now everything's a bit scattered around in different boxes in storage.

I was one of the original members and i always remember how unbearably long the wait was for the next quarterly issue of the four page newsletter! But i would gobble up every word and image. I was very happy to find one of the tshirt decals on ebay since obviously the shirt i used it on as a kid would no longer fit me! But i was able to put it on an adult size tshirt and wear it to Muppetfest!

My fave item though was the 8x10 color glossy of the Muppet cast - it was a first season photo of the main cast that i hadn't seen anywhere else.

Fan clubs in general are more scarce these days due to the internet, but still i would love for an official fan club for the Muppets to still exist. There's just the thrill of being a "card carrying member" and the odd surprise that comes in your mailbox every now and then. (The only other official fan clubs i was a member of was Farscape and also Eurythmics Fan Club which was really quite awesome...they eventually closed up shop in 1992 after Annie's first solo album came out. The best part was every Christmas they'd send out a rare fan club only flexidisc containing a holiday message and/or rare music - my favorite was the 1989 disc which had the original demo tracks for some of the songs from We Too Are One plus a song called "Success" which never made it past demo stage.) I've also considered joining Pet Shop Boys' Fan Club (which does actually still exist) but never got around to it.

zns

Reaction score
Ebay's your best bet. Maybe you'll get lucky and find a "complete set" of stuff but your best bet is waiting for some kind of lot auction (even if it's not everything) and then filling in the blanks. I'd offer copies of the newsletters as i have them all but right now everything's a bit scattered around in different boxes in storage.

I was one of the original members and i always remember how unbearably long the wait was for the next quarterly issue of the four page newsletter! But i would gobble up every word and image. I was very happy to find one of the tshirt decals on ebay since obviously the shirt i used it on as a kid would no longer fit me! But i was able to put it on an adult size tshirt and wear it to Muppetfest!

My fave item though was the 8x10 color glossy of the Muppet cast - it was a first season photo of the main cast that i hadn't seen anywhere else.

Fan clubs in general are more scarce these days due to the internet, but still i would love for an official fan club for the Muppets to still exist. There's just the thrill of being a "card carrying member" and the odd surprise that comes in your mailbox every now and then. (The only other official fan clubs i was a member of was Farscape and also Eurythmics Fan Club which was really quite awesome...they eventually closed up shop in 1992 after Annie's first solo album came out. The best part was every Christmas they'd send out a rare fan club only flexidisc containing a holiday message and/or rare music - my favorite was the 1989 disc which had the original demo tracks for some of the songs from We Too Are One plus a song called "Success" which never made it past demo stage.) I've also considered joining Pet Shop Boys' Fan Club (which does actually still exist) but never got around to it.
Thanks for the advice.

zns

Reaction score
Exactly how scarce are the itmes from that club? I just hope I can find some stuff soon, as long as they are not copies.