Fan-Fic: Grover On Vacation

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Yeah, what did happen to that plane Ernie and Bert had in Follow that Bird?
I noticed that in Follow That Bird, the last scene where their plane is seen is after they finish their song. Then it is never seen again. When everybody meets, Ernie and bert are in Oscars car, and I don't recall their plane being seen at the gas station, and I don't think it is seen at the Sleaze Bros. Fun Fair, either, even though Ernie and Bert were there.

Anyway, I hope to write chapter four sometime tomorrow.

BEAR

Reaction score
That Follow That Bird reference with the plane and Toadstool made me laugh soo hard!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
here is chapter 4.

Grovers flight took a few hours. Then he finally made it to Florida. He went to get his luggage, but noticed that it was bigger than usual.

"Oh...", moaned grover, "I do not remember my luggage being this big", Grover said as he fell down the stairs, right into a baker who was carrying ten chocolate layer cakes. Grover then heard a voice.

"Excuse me", the man said, "But I think you've got my bags".

Grover checked, and realized that he just took the first set of luggage he saw. "I am sooo embarrassed", said Grover. Grover then waited untill he found his luggage.

He took his luggage and walked to the hotel that he was going to be staying at, The 8-Room Hotel, given that name because it only had eight rooms.

Grover went to check in. The clerk looked a lot like Fat Blue, only he had an afro and no mustachge.

"Hello, and welcome to the 8-Room Hotel", said the clerk, who then noticed that Grover was staring at him funny. "what are you staring at?"

"Oh, nothing", said Grover, "It's just that you look so familliar. Anyway, I am Grover. I made a reservation and I already paid for my room".

"Ah, yes, we got the eight dollars this morning. Our bellhops are on strike so your going to have to carry your luggage yourself. You will be in room 8", said the bellhop.

Grover struggled to carry his luggage to his room, thinking to himself, "what lousy service".

After everything was packed, he called his mommy on the money-saving phone service.

"Hello, Mommy!", shouted grover.

"oh, hello son", said grovers Mommy, "how is everything?"

"Oh, great!", said grover, "except that I had to carry my luggage myself. I just got here and am trying to figure out what I want to do here".

"That's good", said grovers mom.

"Hows everything on Sesame Street?", asked Grover.

"oh, the same as usual, only they don't miss you as much as they missed Big Bird", said Grovers Mom. "Elmo is here and wants to talk to you".

"Hello, Grover", said Elmo, "Elmo drew a welcome back card for your trip home". Elmo held the drawing, which was like the cover of the Super grover action figure packaging, only in crayon, over the phone.

"You know, Elmo, I can't see over the phone", said Grover. "anyway, are Dorthy and Mr. Noodle talking yet?'

"oh, no", said Elmo, "and Mr. Noodles Brother, Mr. Noodle, isn't talking yet either".

"well, I've got to go now", said Grover, "i've got to see what I can do here", and Grover hung up.

Grover looked through his vacationing guide, talking to himself. "oh, I could go to Walt Disney World. Maybe Grovers friend Froggy will be there", thought Grover. "Or maybe Grover could go to universal and see that 3D film we made... oh, wait, that's at the japaneese Universal Studios. Let's see what else is here", grover thoguht as he was reading the vacationing guide. "oooh, 'The J Moss field'...'called that way because the moss field is shaped like a J'. Oh, and theres Charlies Stereo shop.... hmm, I didn't know that Charlie owned a shop in Florida. And theres also Leenas Horn Shop, Dons Music Store, Harveys Kneeslapper of a Comedy Club.... oh, and theres also Jons Stone Cave.... 'hours of fun in a cave'. Wow! So many choices", thought Grover.

"well, I think I will eat at the hotels resturaunt for now", Grover thoguht as he went on down to the resturaunt.

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow! There seems to be a lot of bitterness amongst the Sesame gang. I can't believe Grover's mom would tell him how everyone doesn't miss him as much as they did Big Bird. It was kinda funny how condicending Grover was to Elmo on the phone though. Anyway, it is amusing nonetheless.

G-MAN

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Grover's going to the hotel restaraunt, I think I know where this is going.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Wow! There seems to be a lot of bitterness amongst the Sesame gang. I can't believe Grover's mom would tell him how everyone doesn't miss him as much as they did Big Bird.
I guess I wasn't really thinking when I wrote the phone conversation. The line about people missing Big Bird more randomly popped in my head as I was writing and I decided to use it without thinking. Maybe the line would be more appropiate if it was said by Oscar. Of course, in Follow That Bird, the cast did miss Big Bird a lot becasue he was going away and they didn't think he would come back. Everybody on Sesame Street knows that Grover plans on coming back from his vacation soon (althouhg Telly is worried that grover will like his vacation so much that he won't come back).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is Chapter 5.

Grover went to the resturaunt. He waited in line when who should be in front of him but Fat Blue.

"Oh, no!", cried fat Blue, "it's you! You must work in every state. How do you do it?"

"Oh, I am not working here", said grover.

"you're not?", said Fat Blue.

"no, sir, I am on vacation", said Grover.

"Oh", said Fat Blue, "that explains it". Fat Blue then said to himself, "Why did I have to visit my cousin who works as a clerk here on the week that he goes on vacation? I could have had better service..."

Grover went to his table where he was confronted by his waiter. The waiter was a blue dog who looks like a dog version of grover.

"hello there", said the dog, "I am Rover, your waiter. How may I help you?"

"well", said grover, "i would like to know what todays special is".

"todays special", said Rover, "Is a bacon, lettuce, and tomatoe sandwhich, with your choice of either fruit cake or a banana split for your dessert".

"I'll take the fruit cake", said Grover, and Rover left. All of the tables were facing a stage. The lights turned off, a light pointed at the stage, and an announcers voice was heard.

"ladies and Gentlemen", said the announcer, "here is everyones favorite game show host, Guy Smiley!"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" shouted Guy Smiley, "I am Guy Smiley and welcome to The Stair Climbing Game. A lucky contestant will be selected from the audience to come on up here".

"Oh, I hope it is me", said Fat Blue.

At Hoopers Store, Alan, Gina, Elmo, Cookie Monster, and two honkers, the green and blue ones, were watching the show on the stores television set.

"Oh, boy, me so excited about this new game show", said Cookie Monster.

"Elmo is excited, too", said Elmo.

The honkers honked loudly in excitement.

"Tonights lucky contestant", said Guy Smiley, "is whoever is at table number 8!"

Grover looked at his table number and was excited about being at table at. he rushed to the stage.

"hey, it's grover", said Gina.

"hello, Grover", said Elmo to the TV set.

Ernie and Bert were also watching the show.

"Hey, grover is on the show", said Bert.

"I wonder if Grover will end up fainting", said Ernie.

Guy Smiley explained the rules. "Now, the object of this game is to run up and down that flight of eight stairs eight times in 38 seconds. Can you do it!?"

"Yes, I can!", shouted Grover.

"Okay", said Guy, "On your marks. Get set. Go!"

Grover started running. The count was watching on TV.

"One run up the stairs. One run down the stairs. two runs up the stairs..." said the count.

"Go, Grover", said Grovers mother.

"Go! Go! GO!", cheered everyone at Hoopers Store.

Grover ran up and down seven times.

"Grover is on his last run", said Guy Smiley, and there are only eight secodns left. Can he do it?"

Grover ran up to the top, but then got exhausted and fainted all the way down the stairs at the last minute.

"That's eight wonderful runs up and down the steps!" said the count.

"I knew you could do it", said Grovers Mommy.

"Congraduations", said Guy, "you have won a free tour of Jons Stone Cave tomorow afternoon. I hope you have fun!"

Oh, no", said Fat Blue, "I already had reservatiosn to go on the tour of the cave tomorrow."

Ths chapter was brought to you by the number 8.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
did chapter 5 meet your expectations?

G-MAN said:
Hmmmm, Grover's going to the hotel restaraunt, I think I know where this is going.
Did it go the way you thought it would be going?

G-MAN

Reaction score
Well, actually I was expecting Grover to become as annoyed by Fat Blue's Cousin, as Fat Blue was by him. Though it was a good chapter anyway, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is time for me to start Chapter 6.

Grover was so excited about winning a free tour of an attraction in Florida. He called all of his friends.

"Congradutaions, Grover", said Herry.

"That sounds exciting", proclaimed Prarie Dawn.

"Be careful in the cave", said Grovers Mom.

"If you can find some bottle caps in the cave will you please pick some up for me?", asked Bert.

"We all saw you on TV and are glad that you won", said Alan.

"That's one! One phone call!", said The Count.

Grover got on the S-37 bus to Jons Stone Cave. He was advised to bring a meal with him because even the tour guides never knew how long the tours would last (tours of the cave always varied in lenght). He also brought a flash light.

When he got there he saw his fellow tourists: Fat Blue, an old adventurous woman, a mother who looked like Guy Smiley in drag with her six-year-old son, and a wolf. Their tour guide then came onto the scene. She was a beautiful woman with long, straight, dark brown hair, 112 pounds, and green eyes. She was wearing a traditional tour guide outfit, with a walkie talkie attached to her belt and a flash lgiht in her pocket.

"Good evening", said the tour guide, "I am Lauren. I am your tour guide. Welcome to Jons Stone cave. I hope that everybody brought a meal and a flash light".

"You bet", said everybody at once.

"Now, let's begin the tour", said Lauren. Everybody cheered.

"Now", said Fat Blue to Grover, "I don't want you messing up this tour".

"Do not worry. I won't mess anything up", said grover, who then accidently triped over the six-year-old child, who started to cry.

"I have a bad feeling about this", said Fat Blue.

They all walked around the tunnel as Lauren was telling them about the cave.

"This cave was founded in 1967 by a man named Jon,... uh... something. I keep forgeting his last name. Anyway, as you can see, this cave has a lot of fossils."

Everybody looked around and "ooh'ed" and "ahh'ed".

"This place became a historic landmark back in 1979. during the summer we normally get 150-300 customers a week. During the winter we get a lot more".

"Wow", said the Wolf, "This place must be popular".

"It is", said Lauren, "now, do any of you have any questions?"

"yes", said the mother, "Where is the bathroom?"

"We do not have a bathroom in this cave", said auren. "however, many of these big rocks can be lifted and you can use those as toilets".

The mother did that and was releived.

"I thought this trip would be free of any kind of bathroom humor", said Fat Blue.

"You know", said the old man, "When I was your age, we didn't have bathroom humor. Humor came from slapstick, men dressing in drags, or explosions, like the ones from those old Wilkins Coffee commercials".

The tour continued. "This tunnel leads a long way underground", said Lauren, "but when you crawl under there, you will find a lot of interesting things. let's all go".

"This sounds exciting", said Grover.

They all crawled way underground and observed the various items.

"This is an old lava lamp:, said Lauren as she showed it to them, then she showed off more items. "This painting of an old ghoat eating peanut butter has been here for as long as this place was discovered. This wooden sword actually gives allergies to termites and woodpeckers, for soem reason. And this whistle is one of the loudest whistles in history..."

"Oh", said an excited grover, "can I blow into it?"

"no", said Lauren, "This whistle is so loud that it is not a good idea to..."

But grover wanted to blow into it so badly that he ignored her warning and blew into the whistle, which made a very loud sound, casuing an earthquack in the cave, which in turn cause the cave to reak. The tunnel got blocked and everybody was caved in. Nobody was hurt very badly, but there was no way out now.

"Look what you did", said the wolf, who was angry.

"I knew something like this would happen", said an angry Fat Blue.

"never fear", said Grover, "This looks like a job for Su....per grover!, but as he looked into his back pack, he realized that he forgot to pack his super grover suit and his telephone booth. "Oh, dear, I am so embarrassed".