Fan-Fic: Remembering The Good Times We Had

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

A lone figure sat on the procenium stage. He looked out over the empty seats, muttering to himself while the pale moonlight filtered down from a small hole in the ceiling. He glanced upwards towards that hole. He said nothing, shaking his head a little. Nights like these, they were no comfort to the old soul. They would chill his blood, had he had any in him. His hands clasped together, looking once more over the seats, the smell of smoldering fabric and wood filled his nostrils once more, he closed his eyes, remembering that night....the one night that made him a prisoner.

-~-~-60 years ago-~-~-

He was so excited, it was opening night for the play "Hamlet", he was the lead role, holding the skull of Yorick upwards and reciting those famous lines. He couldn't wait. But something did not seem right to him. He smelled something odd backstage, he told his friend to take over for his part on stage, momentarily, because he was going to go and check it out. He walked back to the boiler room, it was already started there, some charcoal from the heater had spilled out, and the entire room was in fire. He ran, as fast as his legs could take him, dashing to the backstage, then out to the stage itself. He had thought about trying to put the fire out, but it was already envloping the back wing quickly.

"FIRE! GET OUT!! GET OUT OF HERE!!! FIRE FIRE!!!"

The people, at the dragon's call ran from the theatre. Quickly, like ants evading some cruel childs magnifing glass, the theatre was empty. He ran to the back, checking the dressing rooms, and he saw a young child backstage, he was one the owner's child...or nephew, he always forgot. He saw the child trapped inside one of the dressing rooms.

"Jerry!! Jerry Grosse!!! Come here child, quickly!!!"

The child did not move, he was too scared. The young dragon, did something he knew not he could do. He ripped the door open, and grabbed the child, then took off running, he placed the child outside of the theatre, then he ran back inside to see if there were more people trapped, like Jerry...but there were none. After he checked the dressing rooms, one last time...he collapsed inside them. Making the theatre...his tomb.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

The next day, Kermit came into the theatre, unlocking the doors, and smiling. "Frightful day, Uncle Deadly! How was your night?"

Kermit glanced around the theatre, usually when he greeted Uncle Deadly, he would respond in some way. No sound came forth from the rafters. It was quiet as a mouse inside of there. "Uncle Deadly...? Is something the matter??"

Kermits eyes focused towards the middle of the stage, he turned on the primary lighting, and stepped back a little bit. Uncle Deadly was sprawled out on the theatre's stage, clutching what looked like a piece of paper. Kermit called out once more, hoping to see Uncle Deadly stir a little, which he did. He sat up, and glanced around, then he flew upwards towards the rafters once more, without a noise, upon seeing Kermit, with his friends piling into the theatre.

"Who was that, Mon Captiane?" Piggy cooed to Kermit, whom she saw was just standing there, staring at the stage.

"It was just Uncle Deadly, Piggy. Something seems to be up with him."

She dropped the sweetness immediately, "Well, something's always up with him."

Fozzie was helping Gonzo drag his cannon inside the theatre, and they stopped, hearing the two talk.

"Maybe we should see what's with him? Could be something...ahh...we could help with." Fozzie replied to the both of them, while Gonzo was already half-way inside the cannon, checking it out. It had cracked from last weeks performance. Then he popped his head outside of it. "Maybe somethings eating at him."

Piggy huffed, walking back towards her dressing room, "Maybe somethings eating him period, ever thought of that? He's a dead ghost, it dosn't matter anymore guys."

Deadly sat on the rafters, watching the pig walk to her dressing room...he remembered that room well. He only wished he wasn't trapped here. Inside this retched theatre. His thoughts stopped for a moment, he realized what he just thought.

"Retched? I believe this place to be...retched? But they are friendly with me...." He looks down at the stage, where Scooter and Beauregard are bringing out a few sets for Kermit and Fozzie to look at how they look from the people's point of view. He watched idly for awhile, before going back towards the unused part of the theatre. He stopped in his old room, it's covered with cobwebs, and is extremely dusty. He sits in the creaky old wooden chair, and pulls it closer to the dusty desk. He stops, and pulls out that piece of paper once more from his coat pocket, and looks at it. It was a faded picture of himself with a beautiful blue dragoness. He barely smiled, and placed one hand against the picture. Then he slid it back into it's old metal frame, placing it upon his desk. Then opening a drawer, he pulls out a piece of smooth, creamy white parchment from a beautiful carved box. Lifting a pen from an ink well, he starts to write...

"Dearest friends,
You have taken care of me, as I have you. As you are well knowledgeable, I have stopped those who wish this theatre harm. Now...reluncately, I ask for your help. If at all possible, I wish to contact family of mine. I miss them. The one in particular I speak of, her name was Eleanor. She was a beautiful dragoness, she was in the theatre every night the performances were shown. She may be dead herself, but I am long for her company once more, if you can find her, I would be glad. So very glad. If you cannot, I shall live my existance as I have before...perhaps I might finally go to where I was intended...

Sincerely, Uncle Deadly."

He rolled up the parchment, after the ink dried, and he closed it with a black ribbon, placing it on Kermit's desk before taking his leave in the rafters high above.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wowwwwwww.....this is great! This is fabulous! You are a great writer! I'm really excited to see where this goes! Who knew Uncle Deadly had a great love? Way to go Renee! I'll definately be tuning in for this one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As will I... Could you possibly post some more, please?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Three

Kermit groaned, as Beauregard tripped over the backdrop for Piggy's act, ripping it somewhat.

"Scooter, could you go and get the script for Piggy's act, we need to see what else might go with that song of hers...and then the names of the special guest perhaps?"

"Right Chief! I'll get it right away.."

Scooter made his way to Kermit's desk, and he shuffled through the papers, finding the script for Piggys' act, the list of guests, and his hand knocked off the small parchment roll onto the floor. "Hmm? What's this? This wasn't here before. Better take it to Kermit."

"Hey Boss, here ya go. I also found this on the desk while looking for the guest list....looks kinda old. It wasn't there before." Scooter handed him the small parchment, Kermit pulled the ribbon off of it, which held it closed, he read it slowly, it dosn't really shock him...until he reads that last line.

"...I might finally go where I was intended...." His mouth opens slightly, re-reading that. He looks at Scooter for a moment, then he closes his mouth.

"Boss, what is it?" He picks up the parchment from Kermit, and he reads it carefully, then he looks around, expecting to see Uncle Deadly pop out from somewhere, but he is nowhere to be seen.

Deadly sat against the stairway on the roof, looking out over the buildings. He was still at the theatre, so he was alright...but he knew the rules. He wasn't supposed to be able to speak to the living, but Death gave him special privilages...for what reason, he sometimes forgot. But...he was never able to leave his place of death. Or eat lasgsna on the 3rd Wednesday. Sometimes he really hated that last rule. He sighed, looking at the picture once more. He walked around to the front of the buildings roof, sitting on the edge of it. He always took this perch outside, it was a very old habit. He watched for Eleanor every day. He knew it was fruitless, but still. His cold heart longed for her to warm it once more.

"I'm dead. Why do I do this!?" He yells out to the heavens. "She only came that one day....and I missed her. Why do I still long for her!??" He places his head in his hands, he feels like sobbing right then and there..

"May-Maybe because...you miss her?"

A small voice came from behind him. Deadly whipped his head around, spying a tiny frog standing in the gravel of the flat rooftop. It was Robin, Kermit's nephew. He was shuffling softly around, not really looking at Deadly at all, one would guess he was scared of him. "I-I mean, Uncle Deadly.....you might miss her....and....who was she anyways? I heard Uncle Kermit talking about what you wrote....but, I don't know who it was."

Uncle Deadly smiled towards Robin, he stood up, then sat against the wall, in front of Robin. He sighed a little bit.

"She was before your time, child. Her name was Eleanor. She was to be my wife...." He couldn't say much more, trying to remember her as she was, the memories somewhat painful for Deadly.

Robin looked up towards the ghostly blue phantom, and tilted his head a little, thinking about what he has said. "Was? Didn't you get married??" He pointed to a small tarnished gold ring, that was on Deadly's left hand. Uncle Deadly covered his hand, looking down.

"I died before it could happen, frog. I wear it in memory of her. She might be dead for all I know."
"Why don't you go look for her?"
"Robin, was it? -- I'm trapped here. If you didn't die of natural causes, wherever you do die, you're forced to haunt for all eternity."

Robin gasped softly, looking at the old dragon. "You died at the theatre...didn't you?"

All Deadly could do is nod, he stood up, gently picking Robin up in his hands. Robin didn't complain at all. The two walked towards the stairwell, which before was boarded up by Deadly, a small board towards the bottom was forced outwards, just enough room for Robin to squeeze through. Deadly pulled out a gold lockpick, and opened the door using it. Him and Robin walked slowly down the stairs. The two were silent, for the most part.

"You're not as cold as I thought you would be, Uncle Deadly."

He looked down at Robin, who for some reason, was snuggled against him now. "Child, this is my body, Life restored it for me."

"I thought you were...dead?"
"Yes, I am techinally dead. But I am also living. In a way. I don't really know how to explain it. Place your hand here.." He guided Robins small hand to the area on his chest, where his heart would be. Robin felt nothing, no beating, and he then realized Deadly dosn't really breath either.

"Wow.." Robin seemed quite amazed at how Deadly is.

Deadly chuckled a little bit, then he set Robin down at the bottom of the long stairwell, and walked into his room.

Two people were waiting for him inside, they closed the door behind Deadly, making sure it was in secrecy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... Such a heartwarming moment... Now if only we had a heart...
The dialogue between Uncle and frog was quietly well done, and a good scene for us phantom fans. Now, as for these two people in his room...

What'll happen next? Hopefully, more story gets posted.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! Robin and Uncle Deadly together? Now there's a combo I never thought I'd see. You did it VERY well though, I really enjoyed it, it was heartwarming. Keep it coming, this is great!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Thanks for all the nice things! Yeah, I had to think a bit on how to phrase it all. You'll see more concerning The Muppets in the next chapter or so. These next chapter or two will be all till tommorrow morning though.

And ya'll think Robin and Uncle Deadly is cute? Awww. Yeah. I could just see it. I write like theprawncracker does. Just opens up a word program and types away.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

Okay, I said it would be tommorrow, but I couldn't stop typing it out, so here ya go. One more chapter before tommorrow. Enjoy!!

-----------

The two people sat in chairs, inside Deadly's old disheleved room. They motioned for Uncle Deadly to sit in another chair.

"You still pine for her, Deadly. You haven't been entertaing thoughts of trying to leave, have you?" One of the figures spoke, their voice soft, and melodic like a spring breeze across a flowered field. They shifted in the chair, the long white robes flowing over the seat. A soft white light emenated from deep within them.

Deadly grumbled a bit, looking away from the two. "No..I haven't even dreamt of it..."

The other figure, grimaced, beneath the black hooded robe, he gripped his sycthe hard, and glared at Deadly, his eyes glowing red. "YOU HAVE. WE KNOW YOU HAVE. YOU THINK ABOUT HER ALL THE TIME, YOU CANNOT GET HER OUT OF YOUR HEAD, DEADLY. MY DEAR FRIEND..."

Deadly sneered at Death, "You've never called me 'friend' before, Death. Why now? What do you two need me for?" He looked at the other figure, clothed in pure white, like the driven snow. "And Life, dearest Life, why are you here, with him now?? What have you need of me? We've already done our business...when you graciously restored my body, so I might be with the living in whole..." He let his sentence trail off, not really knowing what else to say to them. There they are, Life and Death, in his room speaking to him....

Life stood gently, glanced between the two, her long white hair flowing over her shoulders, she smiled at them. She then walked over to Uncle Deadly, gently placing a hand on the old dragon's shoulder. "Eleanor spoke with me."

If Deadly had a heart still...it would have stopped. He shakily looked at Life, with widened eyes. "Sh-She spoke to you? How...how did she? Is she still alive, Life? Please, I must know, tell me now how she is!"

He was visibly shaking, perhaps Life could bring his wife here to the theatre, he had selfish thoughts of letting her die here, so she could stay, keep him company. For all he knew, she was dying as they spoke...that's when he snapped, or so he thought he had. He stood up, grasping Life by the shoulders, and turning her around to face him. Her face kept still, smiling upon Deadly, as if he did nothing to her.

"PLEASE, LIFE! Take me to her!!"

"YOU CANNOT LEAVE THE THEATRE, DEADLY. THOSE ARE THE RULES OF DEATH, YOU KNOW!!" Death spoke grimly to Deadly, standing up, ready to help Life if Deadly attempted any harm.

"Then bring her to ME, Life. I must see my love before she leaves this plane of existance. For I know she'll leave....and I will never have a chance to see her again...and all will be lost...."

Life looked down at Uncle Deadly, who looked like he had had the wind knocked out of him now. He looked positively defeated. She gently, yet forcefully pried herself from his grip. Her eyes closed momentarily, thinking about Deadly had said to her.

Her voice is somewhat harsh now, she cannot believe that Deadly has attempted to even lay hand on her.

"Mr. Deadly Devonshire....I am sorry. I cannot bring her here. It is against the rules, and you know that. But if your friends can bring her here...then perhaps it could be done. I cannot bring her here. I cannot control, it has to be her choice, and her's alone."

Deadly could say nothing, as the two figures, Life and Death, left his room, without a trace. He knelt down in the middle of the floor and sobbed. He knew he would never see his love again.

A lone person stood outside of Uncle Deadly's room, watching inside of it. He leans against his mop, stratching his head for a moment.

"I think I need to tell someone....but they would never believe me!" He said aloud, as he was walking back towards the stage, after cleaning up the old boiler room. "I also need to tell Kermit about that old charcoal hopper...it keeps getting loose."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Brilliant, and dark, both at the same time.
So, now we have rules of life? Or rules of the dying?
Good to know, makes it easier to plan for life after next. Keep it comin', a grand story you've made this.