Fan-Fic: Sometimes It's Better To Go

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sometimes It's Better To Go

Chapter 1: Wondering Why

Kermit walked down the empty sidewalk. It was raining. His raincoat was getting alot of work lately. "April Showers." He mumbled. He looked at all the stores and restraunts on both sides of him. All the families.

A bright piece of paper caught his eye. He picked it up. It was a flyer that read "Under the Weeping Willow, A Muppet Production." Kermit smiled and put the flyer in his pocket. "That," He said. "Is a whole other story."

He walked the rest of the way to The Muppet Theater. He looked into the ticket booth, it was empty. "Where's Pops?" He asked himself. He opened the door to the theater, it was empty as well.

On the stage he saw the hole Gonzo had made in the wall during last weeks show. "I thought I told Beau to make that his first priority."

He walked down the aisle between the seats. He was surrounded on both sides by rows of seats. There was still trash under the seats as well. "And I thought I told George to clean that up!"

Kermit hung his coat on the rack backstage. He was alone. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

Just then Mildred Huckstedder emerged from a dressing room. "Mr. Kermit! It's horrible sir, just horrible!"

"Mildred what on earth could be so bad?"

"I don't know, but Miss Piggy has been in her dressing room crying for the past hour!"

"Probably just a wardrobe malfunction." Kermit said to himself.

"I don't think so!" Hilda said as she popped up behind Mildred. "My hem stitch would never alow for a wardrobe malfunction!"

"Of course not Hilda." Kermit sighed as he walked up the stairs to Piggy's dressing room.

Kermit entered her dressing room where Piggy was sobbing on a couch with Beauregard, Pops, and George the Janitor trying to comfort her.

"Now Piggy, what is wrong?" Kermit asked her.

"Oh Kermie...He...they...it...Oh Kermie!" She sobbed.

"Piggy, if you can't tell me what's wrong, how will I be able to fix it?"

"Perhaps I can be of assistance?" Uncle Deadly asked as he slipped into the room.

"Did you see what happened Uncle Deadly?" Kermit asked the phantom.

"Partially. My view was obstructed by the rafter below the one I was perched upon." Uncle Deadly said as he ran his fingers along an arm chair. "I heard the pig speaking to a man." He sat in the chair slipping his tail through a hole in the middle of the chair. "He said something about being from the government, and talked of eviction."

"Eviction?" George asked. "You must be crazy spook! This place is a historical landmark!"

"Piggy, is this what happened?" Kermit asked her.

She sniffed, and blew her nose into a blue handkerchief. She nodded. "He left a folder with me, it's on your desk."

Kermit walked out of the room followed by Uncle Deadly, the phantom peered over the ledge. He saw Kermit open a folder and pull out a piece of paper. Kermit read the paper very carefully.

Dear Mr. the Frog,

I regret to inform you that the office of Eminent Domain has been instructed to evict you from your theater. In case you do not know, Eminent Domain allows the American Government to take a piece of property with or without consent of the residents. We are however obliged to give you a check of $2000.00. It is included in this folder.

Thank you for your time,
Tyler Bryant

Kermit was shaking as he layed the peice of paper back on the desk.

"Hilda, Mildred, get everyone out to the seats, we need to talk." Kermit sighed as he walked back up to Piggy's dressing room to comfort her.

Everyone finnaly made their way to the seats in front of the stage. Everyone from Animal to Zippity Zap was there. Kermit watched as his confused friends talked non-stop.

"Um guys?" He adressed them. "Guys?" He said a bit louder. "QUIET!!!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.

They all stopped talking at once. "Thank you." He said. "Now, I geuss you're wondering why I've cancelled tonight's show and brought you all out here."

"You bet!" Gonzo said from a front seat. "Tonight was the debut of my new stunt!"

"Well, this is more important." Kermit explained. "Today, an Eminent Domain officer came from the government. That means that he reserves the right to evict people from their homes just for the land. We have to be out of the theater by next Thursday."

Everyone started rambling again.

"That is absolutely un-American!" Sam Eagle bellowed.

"Man Kermit said that the government sent this clown!" Floyd Pepper remarked.

"Well...Um...Very well then." Sam sighed.

"Where are we supposed to go?" Rowlf asked.

"We'll all be out of jobs!" Fozzie cried.

"Yeah, and we'll all be out of show buisness!" George the Janitor wailed.

"Man, this gig we had here was dynamite!" Dr. Teeth said.

"Did somebody say dynamite?!?" Crazy Harry cried as he pushed down a dynamite plunger causing an explosion behind Kermit.

"Si, and what about de monies? Where will we get de monies?" Pepe asked.

"QUIET!!!" Kermit screamed again. "I don't know how to answer any of your questions. All I can tell you is that without the theater we can't afford the house. So, we'll all have to move out. And," Kermit said cutting the others off before they could talk. "We'll have to say goodbye."

Everyone started to talk again.

"Isn't there some other way Kerm?" Clifford asked.

"Does my uncle know about this?" Scooter asked annoyed.

"Couldn't we approach this matter scientifically?" Dr. Bunsen Honeydew asked.

"Mee me mo mo mee!" Beaker replied.

"I'm sure we could cut down on the food a little." Rizzo sighed.

"I could sell some of my boomerang fish!" Lew Zealand suggested.

"De blunderbuss gankly hord de money! Bork bork!" The Swedish Chef added.

"QUIET!!!" Kermit screamed once more.

"So I told him if you publish those pictures of me I'll...Oh um...Fer sure!" Janice said embarassed.

"Sheesh." Kermit scrunched his face. "Anyway, we all need to gather what ever personal items we can carry. I know that will be easier for some." He nodded to Sweetums. "So help each other out. Everyone needs to meet back at the house and get some sleep. I'm sorry. Goodnight."

Beauregard

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Kermit walked down the empty sidewalk. It was raining. His raincoat was getting alot of work lately.
Good. This is good. We know imediatly in no uncertain terms that something bad is going to happen, but, then Kermit picks up the leaflet and, is cheerfull. Phew! Maybe we were wrong..nope.

However....

Just then Mildred Huckstedder emerged from a dressing room.
My love!

Yes, George, Mildred, and Beu in the opening...YeyeyeyeyeyeyeY!

"Perhaps I can be of assistance?" Uncle Deadly asked as he slipped into the room.
All my favs.

"Eviction?"
Oh no...the poor muppets!

"Couldn't we approach this matter scientifically?" Dr. Bunsen Honeydew asked.

"So I told him if you publish those pictures of me I'll...Oh um...Fer sure!" Janice said embarassed.
My two fav Muppet-Mayhem-Yellign lines out of them. This is a good Janice line.

Over all, I'm liking it. But if you bring in Sayign Goodbye, I know I'm gunna tear.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great start to another great story Ryan! I can't wait until Lisa comes back and sees this:

A bright piece of paper caught his eye. He picked it up. It was a flyer that read "Under the Weeping Willow, A Muppet Production." Kermit smiled and put the flyer in his pocket. "That," He said. "Is a whole other story."
Anyway, I really like it and can't wait to see where it goes next!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Dang it, prawncracker, you're making me cry!... <sigh>. Thanks a million times for the reference! And the rest, well I love it all, and I want to point stuff out, but I need sleeeeeeeep so for now <hugs> for that beautiful chapter, and hurry up with the next one! Please.
...and speaking of Under the Weeping Willow... um... it's coming... tomorrow afternoon-ish... depending on homework... darn school...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 2: Why Is It Sad?

Gonzo awoke calmly the next morning and rubbed his head. "Whoa," He mumbled. "Was it all just a dream?"

"Which one? The one with the goat and the peanut butter?" Rizzo asked.

"No it's just..." Gonzo stuttered. "Oh never mind. I better start packing to." He sighed. "Now where did I put those postcards?"

"Did you check under the stuffed porcupine?" Rizzo asked as he threw a deck of cards into a box.

Gonzo picked up a stuffed porcupine. "Nope, but I did find this bomb!" Gonzo cried as he held out a lit bomb.

"Oh, well try behind the..." Rizzo slowly turned around. "A BOMB?!?"

Crazy Harry popped his head out from behind a stack of deflated footballs. "He he he!" He laughed as he ran out of the room.

Kermit pulled some envelopes out of the mailbox and shut the lid. "I have got to tell Fozzie not to put empty envelopes in the mailbox." Kermit said as he heard an explosion from the back of the house and he saw Gonzo, Rizzo, and most of their belongings fly through the roof. "Good grief..." He ran to the back of the house and saw a charred Rizzo under a dresser droor.

"Oh my poor little body." Rizzo wailed.

A charred Gonzo hopped up. "Whoa! That was great!" He cried.

"Sheesh," Kermit sighed. "That two thousand dollars will be gone before we are."

Meanwhile inside Scooter was making sure everyone was doing their part to move. Sweetums walked by carrying a cabinet, and Scooter scibbled something on a clipboard. Two penguins followed carrying a stack of cue cards.

"It's to bad that we'll be out of jobs." One of them said.

"Well, if someone hadn't given up the cue card gig we had going..." The other replied.

Rowlf and Fozzie were upstairs helping Robin pack. "Oh Robin, you don't want to forget this picture!" Fozzie said as he handed a picture of Kermit and Robin sitting in an armchair reading a book, to Rowlf.

Rowlf wrapped the picture in bubble wrap and put it in a box. "Yep, this one's pretty important."

"Uh huh," Robin said as he grabbed a small pink stone and a red ruby and put them in his backpack. "Uncle Kermit bought me that book for my third birthday." Robin handed another picture to Rowlf. This one a picture of him sitting in Beauregard's hand with his arm around Beau's shoulder.

"We've been through alot together haven't we?" Rowlf asked.

"Yep," Fozzie agreed folding a frog scout uniform and putting it in a suitcase. "Through thick and thin, we're best friends 'til the end!"

"To bad the end is comin' though." Rowlf sighed.

Fozzie and Robin turned and looked at them. "I mean, Kermit doesn't have enough money to support us all, we'll have to go our seperate ways."

Fozzie sighed. Then left the room with his head hanging.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whoiah man! This is one page of references!!!

The goat and the peanut butter? - MFS

Two penguins followed carrying a stack of cue cards. - Muppet High, or MC running gag

A picture of Kermit and Robin sitting in an armchair reading a book - Searching for Robin, right?

A small pink stone and a red ruby - The Revenge of Elmo

A picture of him sitting in Beauregard's hand with his arm around Beau's shoulder. - What's on the Other Side.

There may have beensome I missed...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Whoiah man! This is one page of references!!!

The goat and the peanut butter? - MFS

Two penguins followed carrying a stack of cue cards. - Muppet High, or MC running gag

A picture of Kermit and Robin sitting in an armchair reading a book - Searching for Robin, right?

A small pink stone and a red ruby - The Revenge of Elmo

A picture of him sitting in Beauregard's hand with his arm around Beau's shoulder. - What's on the Other Side.

There may have been some I missed...
Nope, you got 'em all. Will post more later today after school and homework. sigh...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter! I loved all your references and really can't wait to see where this goes next! I'm sad that they are all leaving, but I get the feeling there will be an adventure of some sort in the process!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 3: Makes Us Remember...

Thursday came quicker than expected. Kermit walked down the wet sidewalk. He was on his way to the theater to meet the government officer and hand over the keys to the theater.

Thoughts rushed through the frogs head. "Robin..." He thought. "I had to, I had to let him go. I couldn't support him anymore." He reminded himself. Robin had left yesterday. Kermit's older brother Jimmy came and picked him up. Taking him back to his home in the swamp. "Poor Robin." Kermit sighed as he thought about the little frog going from his father to mother's home every weekend. Robin's parents were divorced.

Kermit looked into the window of an old electronics store. He saw a T.V. in the window. He watched and remembered.

"It's time to play the music,
It's time to light the lights!
It's time to meet the Muppets
On The Muppet Show tonight!" Four female Muppet dancers sang as they paraded across the stage.

"It's time to put on makeup,
It's time to dress up right!
It's time to open curtain
On The Muppet Show tonight!" Four male dancers sang as they paraded across the other end of the stage.

The large red cuirtans opened where Fozzie stood and tried to tell his opening joke. "Hey, have I got an opening joke for you tonight!" He started laughing. "Oh, you're gonna love this...there's two kinda..." He continues to laugh and the cuirtans close.

Kermit hopped out to the center of the stage and started to sing.

"To introduce our geust star,
that's what I'm here to do.
So it really makes me happy,
To introduce to you...
Miss Juliet Prowse...

...Kermit let out a deep sigh and continued to the theater.

He looked to his left and saw a small store called "Beth's Clock Shop." On the sign was a huge clock. "Sheesh, I'm gonna be late if I don't hurry." Kermit moaned as he put a little spring in his step...

"You and I and George," Rowlf the Dog sang from his piano.
"Were strolling through the park one day.
And then you held my hand as if to say,
I looooooooove you..."

"...Love led us here!" Miss Piggy sang as she and Kermit dangled from a limb.
"We followed a star,
And here we are,
Now Heaven seems so near..."

"...Part Heaven, part space,
Or have I found my place?" Gonzo sang from a log in a desert.
"You can just visit,
But I plan to stay.
I'm going to go back there some day..."

"...Going away,
Seems like goodbye's
Such a hard thing to say..." Miss Piggy sand with her head sticking out of a train car.

...Kermit stopped. He was in front of the theater. A tall man with dark curly hair was standing in front of the ticket booth. He was wearing a brown trench coat. "Mr. Frog," He spoke in a monotone. "You're late."

"Sorry Mr. Bryant." Kermit said emotionless. "Here." He sighed and handed a key on a small metal ring to the man.

"Your country thanks you." His monotone voice said.

"I'm sure it does." Kermit said.

Tyler Bryant walked away leaving Kermit standing in front of the theater. Alone.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh! Poor Kermit! The... and the.. I mean... hang on, lemme stop crying...

What I was trying to say is. Parts I love. Kermit feeling bad about not being able to take care of Robin anymore, and thinking about Robin's parents being divorced, direct jab at "Robin's Story," I see, and very heartwrenching. ANd then he sees The Muppet Show, and it's the first episode, and... and then he goes in this whole spiral of memories, and I can just feel that he feels that it's all gone, all gone, all over, done. Like it's the end. (AND IT BETTER NOT BE!) And, um, Beth's Clock Shop? Reference?

Now about this Tyler Bryant. Let's see, you mentioned earlier that the sidewalk is wet, so either it's raining or it has been raining recently. And here's this Tyler Bryant, in a brown trenchcoat, with a monotone voice, who's completely emotionlessly taking Kermit's dreams right out of his hands. That's an awful lot of negative stuff you've got us associating with him. The fact that you gave this "government official" a first and last name makes me think we'll be seeing him again. I don't like this guy at all. I don't think I'm supposed to like him, either. Actually, I'm kind of doubting somehow that he really even is a "government official," but... yeah.

<looks over above paragraph> ...so... is it incredibly obvious that I'm typing all this in between some "annotating" homework assignments?