Fan Fic: The Best Of Herry Monster

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this fan fac script, which could be thought of as the kind of Sesame Street video that should be mede.

(the opening sequence is a blue background with fur textures, resembling Herrys body. The title "The Best of Herry Monster" appears, as herry says "The best of Herry Monster. hey, that's me!")

(next is a scene in a messy bedroom. Herry looks at the audience)
Herry: oh, hi. welcome to my room. Yeah, I know this is a mess, but I am going to clean it. My very good friends grover, Cookie, Telly, and Elmo have volunteered to help me as well. Yeah, I am going to clean my room for many reasons. To get some excersize, so that oscar won't wan tto move into my room, and for that furry blue mommy of mine.

(lead to the song "that Furry Blue Mommy Of Mine". Then lead to Monsterpiece Theatre: Chariots Of Fur)

(back in the room, the others enter)
Grover: Hi, herry! (slaps herry on the back like he would to Kermit or Herbert Birdsfoot)
Herry: ah! Hi, hi grover.
Elmo: hello, herry.
Telly: hi.
Cookie: hello, herry. You got cookie?
Herry: Yes, I've got cookies, but you can't have any untill after we finish cleaning my room.
(Cookie suddenly cleans the room very fast)
Cookie: well, all done.
Grover: wow!
Herry: very nice. Oh, theres still a magazine on the floor.... (the magazine is partially stuck underneath the leg of Herrys bed. After gently pulling a bit, he tugs if, making the bed fly over and runing the room)
all: ugh!
Elmo: oh, no.
Telly: (worried) This is terrible! Herrys room is still a mess! Oh, will it ever be clean...?!
Herry: well, I can't help it.

(leads to the song I Can't Help it)

Telly: Hey, I found a triangle.
Elmo: I found a rectangle.
grover: I found a square.
Herry: yes, those are all part of my shape collection. Now put them all in my closet.
All: Right!
Herry: hmm, has anybody seen my circle?
Cookie: oh, yes, here it is. Cowabunga! (he starst to eat the circle)
herry: (worried) Cookie Monster! No!
Cookie: (stopping himself) why?
Herry: That circle is not a cookie.
Cookie: That don't stop me from eating other things.

(leads to the song "Circles")

(grover is having trouble moving Herrys excersize equipment)
Grover: ugh! (pants) man, this is heavy.
herry: here, I'll carry those. (herry picks up all excersize equipment at once)
grover: wow. You sure are strong.
Herry: thank you.
grover: Ypu're welcome.
Telly: Hey, Herry, you forgot your x-ray machine.
Herry: oh, yeah. Thanks, telly. (herry tosses over his excersize equipment, which lands on Elmo, as he goes to get the x-ray machine)

(this leads to the sketch where kermit x-rays Herry)

Elmo: hey, look at this book I found. "How to count to 20".
Herry: oh, yeah, I borrowed that book from the count because I needed to know how to count to 20. And now I am a master 20 counter!

(leads to the skit where herry and john-john count to 20. After that, the scene leads to The Addition Game)

Elmo: well, it looks like we're almost finished.
Telly: yes, we are all improving.
Elmo: oh, look, I found Herrys doll.
Herry: (grabing the doll out of Elmos hand) This is my doll!

(leads to Monsterpiece Theatre: Guys And Dolls)

Grover: well, we are all done.
Cookie: yes, we are.
herry: I am so proud of all of you.
Cookie: (excited) let's all get some cookies!
herry: wait! maybe we should all take this moment to sing.

(leads to the song I Can Sing When You Sing, then to Four Furry friends, then to Talkin' Love)

Herry: okay, now we can all have some cookies.
Elmo: oh, boy!
telly: yeah!
(they all talk over each other as they leave. herry is the last to leave, but he turns to talk to the audience)
herry: well, thanks for watching, even if you weren't very much help. I hope to see you on the street again.

(Herry slams the door shut, which causes everything in his room to fall, causing another mess)

(the ending credits are played over stills of herry fromthroughout the years, starting with a picture of the furry blue nosed herry to the current herry puppet)

Effralyo

Reaction score
Ndaaaah....... Five thumbs up. And the scene with Kerm x-raying Herry is an one of my favs. Thanx that guessed accidentally! lol

minor muppetz

Reaction score
on video...

In case you don't know, That Furry Blue Mommy Of Mine and the skit with the x-ray machine are the only ones I know of that have previously been released on video. That Furry Blue Mommy Of Mine is availible on Monster Hits, and the x-ray skit was included in I'm Glad I'm Me.

Fuzzy And Blue would have been a good choice to include, but I think that is more of a grover song anyway (this song wasn't featured in Cookie Monsters best Bites or A celebration of me, grover!).

Out of the skits I listed, I think that it would be a crime not to include (if a best of herry video became a reality) the one with John John counting to 20. To me, that is Herrys trademark moment (even though it wasn't included in the Sesame Street Unpaved book).

"I can't help it" should also be included if such a video was made. I don't ever remember seeing this, but I am under the impression that this is herrys trademark song. Of course, I have heard that this song took place at the fix-it shop, and I think Luis also appeared in it, so I am not sure if Sesame Workshop would consider putting this one on video or DVD (especially since older segments with the humans are rarely shown in new episodes). I have a feeling that Sesame Workshop would rather include an all-new version if they made a Herry Monster video. The again, just because it is his trademark song doesn't mean it would be included: The best of Ernie and bert didn't have Rubber Duckie or Doin' The Pigeon, and A Celebration of me, Grover! didn't have Monster In The Mirror.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
cover

Heres my idea for a DVD cover.

Herry appears in the main center. On his right are Elmo (on bottom) and Cookie Monster (on top). On his left are grover (at bottom) and Telly (at top). The background is pink and white stripes (resembling the pants he wears in illustrations). The title logo is the same as shown at the beginning.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Your ideas are all great, including the DVD cover picture