Fan Fiction

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hello, hello, hello!

I do recall many-zone-times ago that this site had a section of Fan Fiction, which then dissapered.

Anyway, my point is, latly we have been getting many good fan-fics and it woud be great to have a fan-fic part of the site again.

Also, the 120 page Muppet Screenplay that myself, and Super Scooter, and Sarah, Pez, and Sal wrote is now going to be hosted someplace for fans to see, and we were kind'a hopeing we could put it up on the site somewhere.

It could be posted in the forums, but it would totally loose the screenplay-format we worked so hard on, and would also, look rather stuipd, and becaue it is so long, it would be laberous to read here.

So, my point is, can MC have a Fan-Fic section on the site once more?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I would like to see a fan art section too like tough pigs has. I love supporting the artists here at MC, but sometimes I admittingly get lazy and instead of viewing the Fan Art/Fic section; I just hit the "View New Posts" and see what's going on that way. I don't want to miss people's work and I get a little bummed when people don't catch mine (like my most recent thread of fan art :cry: ) and I know that members like lowercasegods feel similar.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, fanart and fanfic would be great.

Or even, fanart illustrating the fanfic. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was wondering about that, too; because after the re-write of the Pigs in Space fic I wrote, I want to be able to post it with illustrations (both of my art and other folks').

Thing is, I don't even know if the server for MC is strong enough to handle all the extra information if it's entered that way. I'm HTML stupid, though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was just thinking, too, that some of us might think our fan fics ARE good enough to warrant a place on a website. It may not warrant a place on ANY website! If that's the case, how is it decided then without hurting someone's feelings if a story is good enough or not to be placed on a website. What would be considered qualifying necessities (besides the story is completed) to say "This is the story that is good enough to be put on a website!"

I think mine is, but I'm the author and it might just be a stupid story that nobody really likes. Come to think of it, I think I only got like 3 good reviews of it, so only 3 people (I suppose) read the thing. I'm a horrible author. :frown: J/K

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'd say a silent vote. Say, you post it in MC, then if three people (say) recomend it to be placed as fan-fic by e-mail one of us, then it is decided. Annon, of course.

Hmmmm. Actualy. I have no clue.

But we used to have Byron's stuff on MC, I recall.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, Byron's old stuff was there. Wonder what happened to all those articles over the years? I suppose they're archived since they were old.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Perhaps Phil and/or the moderators can elect a secret commitee of senior members / moderators / writers / and or illustrators to decide what gets posted and what doesn't. If the commitee is secret, no one can complain to a certain individual, and things are kept safe. Phil doesn't necessarily have to be on the commitee for his own protection, but would always have final say as to whether or not something warrants a place in this proposed section.

christyb

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. (No I'm not championing for my pathetic fan fic to be featured :smile:) There are a lot of great things floating out there. Of course feelings are a tough thing to play around with. Gah, I don't know. :smile:

Also, I'm sorry for not posting in all the fan stuff. I try to look at everything. I loose track of time. That and I look at "New Posts most of the time too.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
christyb said:
Also, I'm sorry for not posting in all the fan stuff. I try to look at everything. I loose track of time. That and I look at "New Posts most of the time too.
Meeeeeee to. That's why I think this is so important.