fan letter query

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
Does anyone have an address to which I can send a fan letter for Jerry Nelson? If so, please e-mail me! Thanks in advance

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Astro!

Send fan mail to:
The Jim Henson Company Fan Mail (For Performers & Muppets)
P.O. Box 20726
New York, NY 10023

For more addresses, click here.

- Billy :cool:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Hey Astro!

Send fan mail to:
The Jim Henson Company Fan Mail (For Performers & Muppets)
P.O. Box 20726
New York, NY 10023

For more addresses, click here.

- Billy :cool:
Billy, do you know if these letters are actually read? Or do they just get tossed in the garbage like most fan mail to major entertainment companies?

-Matt

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
What an individual performer does with their fan mail is, of course, up to them. Some trash it. Some hire a service to answer it. Some read it. Some send a form letter response. Some answer the letters individually.

JHC does get the fan mail to the performers. A number of people have posted here that they received responses to letters. I believe Jackie (or was it Emmy? I'm pretty sure it was one of the BBB) got a great response from Dave Goeltz a while back-- included answers to some unique questions.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh Awesome! Thanks for the info Ms. Quilter!! :big_grin:

-Matt

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock

Billy, do you know if these letters are actually read? Or do they just get tossed in the garbage like most fan mail to major entertainment companies?

-Matt
Like what MuppetQuilter said, it is up to the individual Muppeteer (or at least I think it is). I've written to some of the Muppeteers a couple of times (and it was I who wrote to Dave Goelz and had all kinds of silly questions. Jackie sent some questions to Jerry Nelson. I should force her to share those answers hear). That's actually how I got a lot of the information I used for my website (Your Face!). I wrote to the Muppeteers asking for stories about Richard, and they wrote back to me (and now those letters are framed and sitting on my desk).

So go on! Write! You'll never get a reply if you never try!

:big_grin:

LabyrinthFan

Reaction score
thanks!

A hearty thanks to everyone for the info. Great site, Emmy! I'm hoping to create a similar tribute site soon, for Jerry Nelson. I'll keep everyone updated.