1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

fan letter query

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Astro4004, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Astro4004

Astro4004 New Member

Does anyone have an address to which I can send a fan letter for Jerry Nelson? If so, please e-mail me! Thanks in advance

2. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Hey Astro!

Send fan mail to:
    The Jim Henson Company Fan Mail (For Performers & Muppets)
    P.O. Box 20726
    New York, NY 10023

For more addresses, click here.

- Billy :cool:
  3. Astro4004

Astro4004 New Member

cool!

Thanks so much, Matt!
  4. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Billy, do you know if these letters are actually read? Or do they just get tossed in the garbage like most fan mail to major entertainment companies?

-Matt
  5. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

What an individual performer does with their fan mail is, of course, up to them. Some trash it. Some hire a service to answer it. Some read it. Some send a form letter response. Some answer the letters individually.

JHC does get the fan mail to the performers. A number of people have posted here that they received responses to letters. I believe Jackie (or was it Emmy? I'm pretty sure it was one of the BBB) got a great response from Dave Goeltz a while back-- included answers to some unique questions.
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Oh Awesome! Thanks for the info Ms. Quilter!! :D

-Matt
  7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Like what MuppetQuilter said, it is up to the individual Muppeteer (or at least I think it is). I've written to some of the Muppeteers a couple of times (and it was I who wrote to Dave Goelz and had all kinds of silly questions. Jackie sent some questions to Jerry Nelson. I should force her to share those answers hear). That's actually how I got a lot of the information I used for my website (Your Face!). I wrote to the Muppeteers asking for stories about Richard, and they wrote back to me (and now those letters are framed and sitting on my desk).

So go on! Write! You'll never get a reply if you never try!

:D
  8. Astro4004

Astro4004 New Member

thanks!

A hearty thanks to everyone for the info. Great site, Emmy! I'm hoping to create a similar tribute site soon, for Jerry Nelson. I'll keep everyone updated.
  9. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Hey Emmy...what exactly does "Your face!" mean???
  10. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

11. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

OK, I saw it. I thought you invented the term, but I was wrong.
  12. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Nope. I didn't invent it. I just gave it a new life...

13. But she's very honored you thought she penned it. :)

"This post was brought to you by anything but the letter "see"."
  14. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Now you're just looking for trouble...

15. I am not! I am not!

:eek:
  16. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Yes you are! You just throw that in there for no reason at all! It would be like if I suddenly announce that I don't like potato chips.

And I really don't like potato chips...

17. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Matt-

Like the others said, it's up to the individual performer. I remember that Jerry Nelson reads almost all his mail (one fan said that Jerry (or Henson) actually paid over $1 to have a *heavy* letter mailed back to them. Typical kindness of members of the Henson staff!)

I've talked with a few performers, but mostly through e-mail, so I don't know exactly who responds to what.

Have fun,

- Billy :cool:
  18. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Rock n Roll Billy! I'm going to start writting my letters as soon as I can!! :D

-Matt
  19. MIKEB97

MIKEB97 New Member

Fan Letters are an awesome idea! I'm thinking of writing to Caroll Spinney, however I don't know what to write. Ideas anyone?
  20. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

How about:

Dear Mr. Spinney,
    You were such a positive influence in my life. Your performance of Big Bird has enriched my being since I was a child, and has continued to do so to this very day. Even though I don't know you personally, I consider you a dear friend, and a mentor that has helped shaped me into the human being I am now. Thank you so much, you rock very hard...and I Love You :)

Sincerely,
    <Your Name Here>

You can use whatever of that applies to you. And BTW...it isn't wrong to love him!!! :D (I think we all do)

-Matt