1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks and sorry. I seem to get carried away. Not at all the times. This just happens everyonce in a while. Again sorry for that. I didn't realized that I had his phone # up. Now that I saw this I really don't want to show ya'll what he wrote back after I got those lunchboxes. But being that I'm fine with everyone making feel like am an (excited freak) here is what I got after telling him I recived them.

Hope this don't make me seem such like a fuss or not but I wasn't thining as (OverUnderAround) said. Thanks and again sorry.
  2. GabeFirestone

GabeFirestone Member

i just sent an email message to kevin clash through the fanmail address. is this a good way to do it, or will he not get it?
  3. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I sent a letter to Dave Goelz several months back to the MHC and it was returned. :(
  4. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I sent one too, but I never got it back or a response...:smirk:
  5. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Yeah, I sent a letter to Dave Goelz, to the Jim Henson Company, but it came back. :( :p
  6. GabeFirestone

GabeFirestone Member

let me clarify... i meant the e-mail address supplied by MC. will he get it this way?
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I think a lot of the links need to be updated, maybe a PM to Phil might clarify.

I guess I feel a little better knowing I wasn't the only one with bad luck with Dave. Well, Dave; if you're reading this, you rock and we all wanna' tell you, so be a peach and hook us up with an addy so we can tell you some more!
  8. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Er, I'm just wondering, could someone please, pretty please, give me a mail address that actually works other than the Sesame Workshop one? Please? It would mean sooo much to me! :)
  9. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Does anyone know how I would send a letter to Karen Prell? She is one of my heroes. Of course her puppeteering is amazing, but she is an animator too, and since that's what I'm trying to do in school, she is a role model for me. I know she has a website but I would like to hand-write her a letter. I think it appears more genuine.
  10. swcrazyfan

swcrazyfan New Member

I am a very big Star wars and muppet fan and I am wondering if anyone has sent anything to Frank Oz and received anything after he stoped doing the muppets. If so, could you PM me contact info so I could send him a letter. I hav not read all of the pages in this topic, so this might be already talked about before.
  11. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

When you guys send out fanmail letters to Muppet performers and Muppet people, do you include a SASE, or do you not and just let them decide if they want to write you back?
  12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I added a SASE with extra postage just in case, and in some cases two copies of my artwork, one for them to keep and one for them to sign and send back, but never got anything back ever from a Muppeteer... of course I've only written to Muppeteers when it came to celebrities.
  13. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

What do you mean "WHen it came to celebrities"?
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I mean I've never recieved anything back from a celebrity that I've written to, but the Muppeteers are the only "celebrities" I've written anyway. Sorry I didn't word it right, Bry. :o
  15. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

That's okay. I was just trying to understand.
  16. swcrazyfan

swcrazyfan New Member

I emailed fanmail@henson.com and they told me to send fanmail to:
    The Walt Disney Company
    Attn: Fan Mail Dept.
    500 S. Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, CA 91521-9722

They replyed back so I know the fanmail email works. They replyed back with the email JimHensonCompany@henson.com so you mugh try that.
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Okay, another question for Dave and whoever else...you don't directly ask for a reply or an autographed picture or something in your letters, do you? I've written fan letters to people before and gotten a response without it, but I was wondering if it helps or if it is rude to ask. What do you think?
  18. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I'd think that if you send a SASE, it's obvious, but I always ask very politely if they'd do me the great honor of sending me an autograped photo. Who knows. maybe it is rude and that's why I've never heard back. :(
  19. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Thanks! ;) But I have a little question. how would you address it to a performer, may I ask?
  20. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I would always do something like:

RECIPIENTS NAME
    C/O COMPANY'S NAME
    ADDRESS....