Fan Mail

teebs

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Yay my mom says I got a reply from Jerry Nelson!!! I can't wait to see it! That will have to be over Thanksgiving, because campus mail is totally unreliable, so I sent it to Memphis instead of here. But I can't wait! :smile: :sing:
Congrats! It's always so much fun to get a reply.

guysmiley4ever said:
...I sent Dave Goelz a letter and never heard back...
It took 4 months for Dave to reply to me...patience is key :smile:

BlueAM

Reaction score
I'm planning to write to Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson, but so far I've made drawings for them. Frank's is nifty, since it has one-shot characters he performed during the classic years of SS. The characters are:

The fireman from "People in your Neighborhood"
The green man from "J Friends"
The little girl from the premeire episode
King Peter's Royal Cook (from "The King Banishes the Letter P")
The Cat (with the Fiddle)
Same Sound Brown (Northern Calloway voiced him, but I think he was puppeteered by Frank, since he moves kinda like Prince Charming and various others)
One of the Zizzy Zoomers
The Tortoise
One of the cowboys from "My Favorite Letter"
Princess Penelope (from "The King Banishes the Letter P")
Humpty Dumpty (from NewsFlash!)

Jerry's drawing is basically the same. Here's who's in it:

The Genie
Fat Blue
The orange man from "J Friends"
The green guy from "Fat Cat Sat Hat" (I thought it would be funny to have him holding a sign saying "Beware of Green Pointy-Headed Men!")
The Beautiful Princess (NewsFlash!)
Farley
One of the Zizzy Zoomers
The Hare
Frazzle

By the way, do you know where I can write to Frank? Thank you for your help!

BlueAM

teebs

Reaction score
BlueAM said:
...By the way, do you know where I can write to Frank?
I got a response by writing to him at the Henson fanmail address:

c/o The Jim Henson Company Fan Mail
P.O. Box 20726
New York, NY 10023

The drawings are a really cool idea. Let us know when you get replies.

-teebs

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Dave is very good about replies, he replied to my brother in a very quick manner, much to my brother's delight! I've asked and recieved Pepe's autograph, but for some reason I'm nervous about writing to a performer (of course, I'd snail mail it)

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
I just wrote a massive note (not that massive, it still fit on the notecard) to Jerry. I wrote it the day after the Lost Works of Jim Henson thing which was on my brithday and right near where I work, but sold out when I tried to get the tickets days before. I think it ended up being kinda guilt trippy.... O dear....

I also wrote to Carol and Eric....

So far only Dave and Frank have replied...

I cannot write to Kevin. Since i see him all the time at work, that is just too weird and I cannot ask him for it at work because that is waaaaaay unprofessional. I will just mail it someday and hope he doesn't actually know my name.... ;-)

Incidentally I met Sesame Street's Bob the other day. He is the most precious man ever!! At least, nicer than Maria who gave me a dirty look when I smiled at her on the way into the bathroom....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
or make up a last name, and send it through a P.O. box...or go by a nickname.....

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Muppetfreak said:
Incidentally I met Sesame Street's Bob the other day. He is the most precious man ever!! At least, nicer than Maria who gave me a dirty look when I smiled at her on the way into the bathroom....
I knew she was evil!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, if you smiled at me when I was on my way into teh bathroom, desperate like, I am sure I'd give you a nasty look.

BTW, you work at SS right?

BlueAM

Reaction score
By the way, where can I write to Karen Prell? I've heard that she's a sweet person and I need to write to her. The address must be at Pixar, I guess.

Thanks for your help!

BlueAM

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Well, if you smiled at me when I was on my way into teh bathroom, desperate like, I am sure I'd give you a nasty look.

BTW, you work at SS right?

Why would i smile at you desperate like to go to the bathroom? I don't wait until the situation is like life or death to relieve myself..... :wink:

Yeah I do.