Fanfic: Chamberlain's Visitor

Princeton

Reaction score
*Yes, the long awaited sequel to "Penguin With A Dream" is finally here! Enjoy!*

Part 1

The new additions to Chamberlain Harrison's summer home in Newport, Rhode Island were finally settled and couldn't have been happier. Chamberlain was a world traveler for many years of his life, but after becoming immortal, he figured that he had the rest of his life to try new things. So, in addition to taking care of Lindy the penguin, and Lightning the calf (assisted by his good friend Fozzie Bear), Chamberlain founded the Newport Fraggle Fund, a foundation that heightens awareness and encourages the preservation of a race of creatures known as Fraggles. After all, Chamberlain had plenty of experiences with Fraggles in his last adventure.

But Chamberlain's main priority now was to be a supporter of Lindy's acting career, as he now had a contract at New York's prestigious Fiama Studios, named after Johnny Fiama, the man who launched Lindy's career. In fact, Lindy's screen test for his first movie was today. But when he and Chamberlain were about to walk out the door, the door was opened by Chamberlain's son, Kirk.

"Son!" cried Chamberlain as he embraced Kirk. "Well, this is certainly a surprise! I thought you were away at college."

"Well, Dad, I *was*; only I took a leave of absence to... well, it's not important; I can tell you've got some things to do." replied Kirk.

"Oh, which reminds me: this is my pal Lindy. I'm sure you remember him from my letters. We were just about to leave, but you are welcome to join us so you can tell me about your leave." said Chamberlain.

"Thanks, Dad." replied Kirk, with a worried look in his eye.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
SQUEEEE! Hey Prinny! So glad to see you and I love the beginning of this story! I did get your PM awhile back and I'm so sorry I never got back to you but I'm so glad you went ahead with this story! I can't wait to read more!

Java

Reaction score
I like the begining, can't wait to see what else you have.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Good luck with your sequel Brian. It's off to a great start. :smile:

Princeton

Reaction score
Part 2

To drive to Fiama Studios in New York would take too long for Chamberlain, so a studio representative agreed to meet them halfway at a nearby restaurant. Meanwhile, Kirk was bombarding Chamberlain with questions about his last adventure (even though Chamberlain had explained the whole thing to Kirk in full detail shortly after it happened).

"This is a cool car, Dad!" exclaimed Kirk. "What is it, a Dodge Nitro?"

"Yes, Kirk, it is." replied Chamberlain, calmly. "Although I'm sure you already knew that, whereas I don't know a thing about your leave of absence from Brown University."

"Oooh, Brown; fancy!" said Lindy from the back seat. "Say, what's the drama scene like up there?"

"Never you mind, Lindy." said Chamberlain. "So, please, Kirk, tell me."

"Well... okay." started Kirk. "I have this professor named Aurora Moneva, who I had a bad feeling about ever since my first class of hers."

"Yes, well, first impressions are important, while deceiving. What was it about her that you didn't like?" asked Chamberlain.

"Well, she wears an eyepatch, so naturally I thought of Mr. Lords. One day, she excused herself to go to the ladies room, so I followed her in." Kirk continued. "Well, she took a small bottle out of her purse along with a needle, lifted up her eyepatch and..."

"Don't even tell me it was black!" interrupted Chamberlain.

"Black as a rook." said Kirk. "Well, I figured she must be a direct descendant of Lords, but maybe she knew of his disappearance, and attributed it towards me. So, I contacted the dean and he allowed my leave, and here I am."

"Holy cannoli! Can't people just leave us alone?" yelled Lindy.

"Quiet, Lindy." scolded Chamberlain. "If she is in fact related to Lords, she would have every right to be angry, but not at you. Knowing that family, I'm sure she's using you to get to me. Just like he used me to get to Mokey. Well, in any case, I'll do some research, but my main priority is Lindy's screen test. But don't worry, son, I'll look into it"

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Coming along great so far! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Princeton

Reaction score
Part 3

Chamberlain, Lindy, and Kirk finally made it to the halfway point, which in this case was the Newport Country Club. Lindy was expecting to see a big stretch limo with a Fiama Studios logo on it parked outside, but nothing doing. Maybe the rep was just running late.

When the trio entered, Chamberlain said "Surely you must remember this place, Kirk. You used to throw the dinner rolls into the kitchen."

"Yes, well, that was a very long time ago, Dad. I obviously don't do things like that anymore." replied Kirk, annoyed.

"Well, I know that, son; I just like to talk about the old times with you. Boy, you're grumpy! I told you I would look into the Aurora thing when I got the chance, but right now I'm concerning myself with Lindy, so Aurora will just have to wait." said Chamberlain.

"Lindy, Lindy, Lindy! That's all you ever talk about anymore. What, do I not matter to you anymore? Is a stupid penguin more than me?" asked Kirk.

"Hey, bub, I may be a 'stupid penguin' but at least I'm not mooching off my dad when I'm going through a crisis. Be a man; learn to be independant!" yelled Lindy before Kirk picked him up and started shaking him.

Luckily, the hostess came to attend to them and that calmed Kirk down enough to put Lindy down. "Boy, I've never seen someone with a penguin for a pet before!" she said. Then she remembered something. "Oh, I just remembered, we've been expecting a penguin. Is your name Lindbergh Jarvis?"

"Please call me Lindy" said Lindy, casually.

"Okay, Lindy. Follow me." she said as she led them to their table. The only odd thing was that someone was already sitting there! He was a rathewr mousy looking man, but very dapper in his tweed three-piece-suit. "Oh, I'm sorry, gentlemen. This is Mr. Doyle, the man who's been expecting you." the hostess said.

"Hi, Mr. Doyle. I'm Lindy" said Lindy as he held out his wing.

As Mr. Doyle shook Lindy's wing, he said "Ah, yes. The penguin of whom this meeting is about."

"So, Mr. Doyle, why didn't I see a limo parked outside? And wouldn't it be kind of hard to have a screen test in a public place?" asked Lindy.

"I'm not yet in a position big enough to deserve riding in a limosine." replied Doyle. "Plus, I always ride my bicycle wherever I go anyway. As for why we met here, I'm afraid the studio misinformed you. The reason we're getting together today is because I'm going to be your agent."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to work." said the hostess as she walked back to her station.

"You'll have to excuse me too, Dad." said Kirk as he followed the hostess to her station. Before she had a chance to ask him anything, Kirk pulled her towards him and gave her a very long, romantic kiss. When they were done kissing, Kirk said "It sure is nice to see you again, Amber."

Dumbfounded, Amber said, "Who are you? And how did you know my name?"

"Aw, now don't tell me you don't remember me. Kirk Harrison, Newport High School, Class of 2002?" asked Kirk.

After a few minutes, it all started to come back to Amber. "Oh, yeah, I remember! We had our senior prom here, and you were my date! Oh, God, how could I forget that?"

"Well, most of the stuff we did together in high school is probably worthy of being forgotten." said Kirk with a laugh. "Well, as for me, I went to Brown, and now I'm on a leave of absence. But I really should be getting back to my dad, so how about we go out sometime this week?"

"Love to, babe. See you then." replied Amber. Kirk walked back to his table and said "So what's been going on?"

"Well, for starters, Mr. Doyle has offered me a role in a rip-roaring musical: 'Hey That's My Penguin!'. exclaimed Lindy. "Oh boy, can you imagine it? My first big movie role! And you and me and your dad are gonna fly down to Hollywood to start shooting next week."

"WHAT?" screamed Kirk. "But Dad, I just made a date with the hostess!"

"Oh, boy, don't tell me you're one of those operators that doesn't take long to find a girl!" said Lindy, exasperatedly.

"Now, Kirk, don't worry, it's perfectly fine." said Chamberlain. "Just invite the young lady to join us. Well, now that that's settled, why don't we all eat now, hmm? I'm famished!"

Princeton

Reaction score
Well. it's been about a week since I got any replies to this. By now I would've thought that there would be many more comments about just the first three chapters alone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Brian... Don't let that get you down. Remember to value quality over quantity. So this fic might not garner that many responses from the people who are reading... At least there "are" people reading and replying, what they have replied so far. So if the people who have replied like the story, and you yourself still like the story then keep posting until the story's done.

Hope this helps somewhat... And BTW, I think it's going very well so far, so I hope to read more when you can post it.