FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Not so sure about that plot twist? You're holding back Ed!

*Pokes him gently* Explain please. I would love to hear what you think all the way about this latest chapter. XD

You do know who J.P.G. is right? I hope so. XD

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOA!! Another unexpected turn!! WOW!! Awesome!! Can't see where you take this!! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Let's just say that if J.P.G. is the person Scooter thinks it is... Not saying that a Muppet/human romance can't happen... Just don't rully see him as being betrothed to Nancy, knowing that she's Nanny and Eli's sister (the daughter of Death and Life).
Although it does help explain the part in The Search for Sadie when Sadie was yelling about taking the twins away from her...

Guess it's just knowing the character of J.P.G. from the few appearances on TMS that I voice a small opposition to the twist in the tale.
But since you're the author... Oh, and here's a small piece of info for ya.

If you're going to have Gonzo guide Scooter through a narrow passage where only one person can go through at a time...
The blind person walks directly behind their guide, the guide's arm bent back behind their body so the blind person can take hold of the guide by the wrist.

Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yes... A quick question for the author.
Did you give Eli a tail when in his demon form cause that's what you thought of for his particular demon form? Or do demons generally have tails? Or do some have them and others not?
Just something for my creature creations, working on them as my personal personal pet project.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well, I saw him a the atypical demon-satan spawn of whatever. XD Just he's human, and he has a thin black tail, extended claws, red eyes. Nothing really special. It really depends on the taste of the author/artist as to what he/she/it would be.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen

"Your uncle? It couldn't be him, Scooter." Gonzo said, looking at the note again. Scooter was picking over some photos, his lips shut tight.

"I can't believe him."

"Why not...he probably really loved her." Gonzo said quite softly, gently placing the note back inside the dress, and he put the dress back in the bag.

Scooter glared at Gonzo, frowning very deeply. "He couldn't love her. He's always told me he'd never get married! The only love he showed was for money.."

Richard just sat there, getting a bit uncomfortable, then he stood up, and walked outside the kitchen, he stopped and tapped Gonzo on the shoulder. "Just get this stuff out of here, and try to get out as quick as possible. Don't want you or your friend to get hurt, okay?"

Gonzo nodded, and then turned his attention back to Scooter as Richard left the room. "What do you mean, his only love was money?"

"He just barely cared for me, when I was growing up. I mean...he taught me how to take care of myself, the moment I didn't really need him for everything, he almost forgot about me. Either that or I waited on him hand and foot." He glanced at another photo, of nearly everyone in the nursery. He frowned again, but this time, it looked like he was about to cry. "He just threw money at me, Gonzo. If I needed something, he'd just hand me some money and say 'Go get it then'. He never gave me any attention at all. He...."

Scooter stopped talking, and he started to cough a bit, gathering up the stuff on the table. He looked over at Gonzo, and smiled softly. "We should get going, get this stuff back to the boarding house, okay?"

Gonzo could tell he didn't want to talk much about it. So they got the stuff, and took it back out to the truck. Scooter picked up his jacket, and threw it into the back as well, it was pretty much ruined now.

The ride home was deathly silent.

-----------

"So how did everything go, guys?" Skeeter asked, her new glasses glinting in the sunlight, as she stood at the open door. She had a second pair of glasses in her hand.

"Fine, Skeet." Scooter replied sullenly, picking up the glasses from her, after he placed a pile of boxes and bags beside the couch. He placed them on, and blinked a few times, walking back to his room. "Thanks."

She watched him walking back to his room, and she frowned a bit. "Your welcome, sourpuss. What happened down there?"

Scooter didn't respond at all, but the slamming of his door could be heard.

Gonzo just smiled a bit, carrying in the last bit of boxes, and set them down beside the pile Scooter had carried in. "Is Kermit around?"

"No, he went down to the theatre. Despite all the stuff that's been happening, he's said the show is going on. He also wanted you and Scooter to get down there as soon as you came back."

"Oh...I'll tell you later, it's about something we found." He started down the hall as well, still holding a photo album in his hands.

Skeeter started to walk down the hall, after him. "What about the theater? He said he really wanted to see you two."

"The theatre can wait, Skeeter. I have something else I have to do."

"Okay!" She settled down onto the couch, and started watching a soccer match on the TV.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh poor Scooter!! I could really feel for him when he was talking about how his uncle only had love for his money! Poor poor Scooter! Awesome, awesome chapter Renee, and it's great that the twins got their glasses back :wink:. Can't wait for more!! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Renee. That's pretty much what I thought. Got my castle's demon ready, just gotta get it down in writing.

And a good chapter... Delving into Scooter's growing up with his uncle... The two getting back to the house and Skeeter with the glasses...
And Kermit wanting to talk to them at the theater, but wait... Isn't Skeeter part of the troop? Shouldn't she be down there also? Eh, maybe she'll leave with Gonzo and her bro.
Waiting for more...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Seventeen

Kermit walked into the house, quite peeved. He saw Skeeter asleep in front of a blaring soccer match on the TV. Robin was sitting on her stomach watching it.

"GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!!" The reporter on the TV yelled, and Robin hopped up and down. Skeeter didn't really move much, just placed a hand on top of Robin, he wriggled out from underneath it, and hugged her hand a little.

"Wow! Skeeter did you see that? The Fracheesy guy made a goal!!"

"Franchesco" She corrected him, not opening her eyes.

"Yeah, him."

She turned over a bit, and now Robin was sitting on her hip. "That's great. Now quit hopping on me so I can sleep, alright?"

"Okay. Sorry." Robin looked up and he saw Kermit standing there watching the two of them. "Hey Uncle Kermit's back!! Hi Uncle Kermit!!"

"Hey Robin. What are you two doing?"

"We're watching a soccer match, it's in spanish...so I really don't know what they're saying. But that one guy, he keeps yelling 'GOOOALL', so it's really cool."

The TV yelled that out again, and Robin looked positively excited. "I really like it when they do that, Uncle Kermit!"

Kermit laughed a little bit, watching his nephew getting so excited with just a simple yell from a soccer game. He looked down at Skeeter, and she looked exhausted.

"What's happened to you?"

She opened one eye, and looked up at him. "Fell off the roof eariler, tried to fix the dish." She pointed at the TV. "That's why we're getting that now."

"Oh. Are you okay?" He placed a hand on her shoulder worried.

"Yeah. Just a bit bruised, and worn out. I started to watch this game about 4 hours ago. They're like in...uber-overtime now." She laughed a bit, and watched as Robin frowned at the TV, then he smiled when they yelled again. "He came in worried about me, and I held him for a little while. I went to sleep, and he's been sitting on me for the past hour now."

Robin turned around, and patted her arm. "Can you teach me how to play soccer, Skeeter?"

"Sure. When you're a bit bigger though."

"AW! I want to learn now. I'm old enough! I'm 6 years old!!"

"It's not age, Robin. You're too small. You'd get flattened by the ball!!"

Robin frowned a bit, then settled down into her lap again, watching the game. Skeeter looked up at Kermit and searched his face, wondering what he was thinking.

"Did Scooter and Gonzo ever get to the theatre?"

Kermit frowned, his coat now in his arms. "No. I never saw them at all. Are they in their rooms?"

"Yeah. Scoot looked really ticked off about something, I'm a little worried about him. And Gonzo...." She shook her head. "I could never figure him out, and I'm not about to start."

Kermit nodded, and started to walk down the hall. He heard a lot of clicking coming from Scooter's room. He gently pushed the door open, to find the gofer sitting in front of his laptop, typing like mad.

"Scooter? You okay??"

Scooter didn't respond at all, but just kept typing away. Kermit decided just to let him be. Then he walked over to Gonzo's room. Camilla wasn't in his room at the time, and Gonzo was showing Rizzo the old photo albums.

"Man, you're just as weird then as you are now." Rizzo flipped the page, and he smiled. "Hey! That's you and Kermit and Fozzie. And Piggy too!"

"Yeah, Nancy took care of all of us. I really miss her." He smiled sadly as he looked down at a picture, of all of them with Nanny right behind them.

"Whoever took those photos keep cutting her head off though. Looks weird."

"Mr. Cruthers always took those pictures when it was all of us, or Nanny in them. He never seemed to take good pictures of her. But she didnt' care. She really just wanted those as pictures of us, not her."

"Yeah, I'd guess so. What's that thing?" Rizzo pointed to a small stuffed chicken in Gonzo's arms.

"Oh, that's my baby chicken, Camilla. I always had her with me, when I was little. I never went anywhere without her."

"Kinda like with your Camilla now? You must've named her after this, huh?"

"Yeah." Gonzo looked up for a moment, and he saw Kermit standing in the doorway. "Hey Kermit. What's wrong?"

"You never came Gonzo." He walked inside, and sat down beside Gonzo and Rizzo. "I really needed you and Scooter, and you both didn't come."

"Sorry about that. I guess I got too wrapped up in what I was doing eariler."

"How wrapped up were you?" Kermit looked a bit confused.

"What do you mean, Kermit? I've just been looking over all these photos with Rizzo here, for quite awhile actually."

Kermit was starting to get worked up now. "Skeeter fell off the roof, and no one heard it!? You didn't hear it!?"

Gonzo's eyes got wider. "She fell off the roof? Is she okay?"

Kermit looked back towards the living room. "I think so. She's been laying on the couch for quite sometime now, from what Robin told me. No one heard her?"

Gonzo looked down at the albums some more. "I don't know. Me and Rizzo have been in here for the past few hours now."

Kermit shook his head, and stood up, he decided he go back there and have a chat with Scooter about something.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh Kermit...Poor Skeeter!! Poor Kermit!! Poor Scooter!! ...Poor everybody!! Except Robin, he's quite happy. :stick_out_tongue: I love this Renee! And I cannot wait for more!! :excited: