FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eighteen

Scooter was staring at the screen, obviously angry. He wished he could talk to Nancy now. He wished he knew what had happened. Why she...ugh..was going to be married to his Uncle. Instead he just sat there, staring at a story he was typing out. He heard a soft knock on his door. He turned around suddenly in his chair, still a bit angry at himself and what had happened.

"Unless it's fire, flood, or Crazy Harry, I'm not moving or speaking to you, so go away!!"

Kermit frowned, looking down at the floor. He's never heard Scooter that...angry before. He was going to open the door, but he just let it go, and walked back to his own room. He stopped for a moment, and just stood there, looking down at the floor, he just felt so...torn.

'I know what Gonzo meant, when he felt lost in this world.'

Piggy watched Kermit, she could see his heart was breaking now. She remembered he never cried at her funeral, he was so strong. He never cried when Scooter was in trouble, he had kept it inside so the others wouldn't break down. She knew it was bad that he kept it all inside of him, he became a very troubled frog, and she could see it. She could see it in everyone. She walked over to Kermit, and patted his shoulder softly.

"It's changed, hasn't it Kermie?"

Kermit looked up at her, and he looked like he was about to breakdown right in front of her. "What do you mean, Piggy?"

"Nanny...and....that surgery....it's changed him hasn't it? It's changed everyone."

All Kermit could do was nod, as he started to cry softly, onto Piggy's shoulder. He hadn't cried before that night, but the years of missing Nancy, almost losing a great friend, and their theatre twice. It was too much for this frog to bear alone. So, he beared it with his friend, the one who always would stand by him, no matter what.

Piggy hugged him gently, yet tightly. "It is alright, Kermie. It will be alright. I will always be here for you, whatever may come our way."

Kermit sniffed a bit, then he just laid his head on her shoulder. He saw something brown through his tears close a door across the hallway.

----------

Fozzie sat in his room, after he saw what had happened out there. He held his old teddy bear, and stroked it softly, looking out the window.

"Why is this happening to us? Why did she leave so suddenly...." He let his thoughts trail off, looking out the window. He just sat on his bed, and pulled out his ukalele, and played a soft tune to himself, trying to get his mind off of everything that had happened.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<grabbing and hugging teddy bears>

More please.

....<nods> More please.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... Scooter typing up a storm? Some competition between the two of you at the dorms huh?
Fozzie's still got his teddy bear, good.

Kermit's talking about almost losing the theater twice.
Nods to Sometimes It's Better To Go and Summer in the Theater?

Skeeter's OK? Well, not with Robin hopping on her stomach for the last hour.
And Gonzo showing Rizzo some old photos from the album... Nice.

What'll happen next? Tune in next time true believers.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...*clutching pink teddy bear, thanks Lisa* Oh like wow...That's like...Oh wow!! This is rully awesome...And Scooter...And Kermit finally letting it out...And Piggy comforting him...And Fozzie...Wow Renee...It's just...Wow...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Too bad it looks like we won't get more story tonight.
Oh well, see you guys back at the dorms.

Oh Ryan... Thanks for subbing, but looks I won't be going anywhere this weekend.
Will be here to read up on the latest chapter whenever it gets posted.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh Ryan... Thanks for subbing, but looks I won't be going anywhere this weekend.
Alright Ed, anytime you need something just let me know. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, I was away from my computer all day and just came in and read all the latest chapters and my goodness. Tears were shed, teddy bears were needed and I'm just in awe. This story is possibly the most heartfelt one you've written (although they all have been that way) and the way you've kept the common storyline with Scooter and Nancy and everyone going. And the references! Great references with Richard and Frank and Dave! And Kermit crying, it's just been so much for him to take in and he tries so hard to be strong for everyone. Wow, I'm just in awe, this is amazing.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Nineteen

The next morning came and went rather quietly. Scooter stayed in his room, still typing away, and Robin had fallen asleep on Skeeter, although she wasn't on the couch anymore. Kermit was wondering if there was any way he could change or fix what had happened to them. He sat at the table, slowly eating some toast. Piggy came down the stairs with her usual flair for dramatics.

"Hello, little people!" She exclaimed, and Kermit just gave a half-hearted nod. She looked around the room, and she only saw Dr. Teeth, Kermit, Rowlf, Clifford, and suprisingly Richard and Ryan at the morning table.

Richard looked up, and he smiled. "Just like you told me, Dr. Teeth."

"Heh, right on cue!" He laughed, and took another sip of coffee watching Piggy for a second.

She stood there, and looked at everyone for a second. "Where is everyone, Kermit?"

He just shrugged, and stood up, to go put his plate in the sink. He didn't say a word to her. Rowlf watched a little sad, then he heard some banging from the back room, one of the bedrooms.

"Scooter must like, be up now." Janice noted, as she looked down the hall seeing Scooter standing in the hallway, just glaring into his room. He huffed a bit, and grabbed his jacket, storming down the hall and leaving the house quite quickly.

"I'll be at the theatre, if anyone cares." He said to anyone listening, as he closed the door behind him. He closed it with such force that a picture fell off the wall.

They could hear some fussing outside the house, and Piggy walked over to the window, wondering what it was.

----------

"Scooter, what is the matter with you?" Sadie exclaimed, grabbing ahold of her son's arm before he left the porch. She had been sitting outside with Skeeter and Fozzie before he stormed out of the house.

"It's nothing, Mom. I'm going down to the theatre." He looked away from her, he didn't want to even look at her. Fozzie sat there, looking hurt already, he wanted to know why he was so mad, after all they only just went back to her house? What could have happened, he wondered?

"It is something, Scooter. Now tell me, please. What's bothering you??" She looked quite worried about him now. "What's happened?"

Scooter stood there, his arm still in his mother's grip. He turned around and wrenched his arm out of her grasp, quite forcefully. "...Uncle was going to marry Nancy. Did you even KNOW about that?"

She nodded, she didn't see that as a problem at all. "Yes, I knew. What about that, that alone couldn't be making you so angry sweetheart."

"You were just going to give us up to Uncle and Nancy wern't you? Just give us up, like we were nothing!!"

Sadie stepped back, she looked very hurt. Her voice was soft, shaking. "Scooter...I-I couldn't help it. There was nothing I could do."

Skeeter just leaned against Fozzie, who has his arms around her, she was crying, she hated to see anybody like this. Fozzie looked up at Scooter, and he frowned softly.

"Scooter. You're making your sister cry." He patted Skeeter's shoulder, while she cried into his soft fur.

Scooter stopped, and he closed his eyes. He didn't say anything else, but he pulled his jacket tighter, and started walking off the porch. He looked back at them, and because of the sunlight, they couldn't see his eyes. Which was a good thing, he was crying too by that time.

"I...I'll be at the theatre if anyone cares..." He started to walk down the street, slowly. He pulled out his keys and started messing with them just to get his mind away from everything that had happened.

------------

Miss Piggy stood there, on the other side of the window, silent. Sadie was hugging Skeeter now, she couldn't stop crying now. Fozzie had taken off his necktie, and was dabbing Skeeter's eyes with it, softly. Kermit walked over to the window, and sat on the windowseat beside her. He didnt' really look at her. Piggy looked at him, and she looked worried and hurt at the same time.

"Everything's changed, Kermit. If only...."

He looked a bit angry, shaking his head. "If only what, Piggy? We can't change what's happened. It's not like we can go back in time and fix what's happened!"

"You've always said, change is for the better. You said it yourself, Kermie. But this isn't for the better. It's slowly pulling us all apart. What are we going to do?"

The frog, easily 2 times smaller then she, just laid his head on her lap, looking at the ceiling. He was broken, but he was still their leader. As a leader, he has so much responsibility. He felt he couldnt' bear it alone, everyone was pulling apart. They haven't left, no, but still. The boarding house used to be always in song, always happiness. Craziness. But after Scooter's surgery, and Nancy's funeral....it was....it had become silent. And cold. Not unloving, but just...

"It's too quiet, Piggy."

Piggy was softly stroking his head by this time, while he thought. She was unusually quiet for him showing this much love towards her. She stopped, and placed her hand in his.

"Hmm?"

"This house is too quiet. Too much...negitive stuff. We need to bring something positive in here."

"And what would that be, Kermie?" She asked softly, lacing her gloved fingers through his slender ones.

He sat up suddenly, a bright smile on his face. Piggy smiled as well, this was the happiest she had seen Kermit in the last few weeks. He leaned in closely to her, and he smiled. Piggy just smiled back, she wondered what he was thinking.

"Let's get married, Piggy."

------------

Everyone at the table looked suddenly over at the living room. They heard the window shattering, and a joyous loud scream.

"Wow, like I think Piggy just broke that window with her voice..." Janice replied suprised.

She saw Piggy run into the kitchen, doing this like happy calypso dance. "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!"

Dr. Teeth smiled, and looked at her. "I thought you two were already hitched."

Piggy grabbed Dr. by his shoulders, and was positively bursting with energy. "That was just the movie, that wasn't real! BUT THIS IS!!!"

Then she went running up to her room, she had saved that wedding dress from the movie, and it was going to be really used now.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty

Scooter sat in the empty theatre, his only company was Auntie Eleanor and Uncle Deadly. They actually had taken up seats where the old men sat during the performances, when they weren't there. Eleanor looked over the edge of the balcony, and she frowned.

"What could be wrong with him? He seems so troubled, dear."

He wasn't really paying attention to Scooter, who was sitting in the front row of seats, writing stuff down on his clipboard. Making some notes about something, it seemed. "I do not care for what is troubling the young man."

She slapped him in his chest, fuming. "You should! He's one of the reasons we're both here now!!"

He nodded, and the two of them leapt down from the balcony to near where he was seated. Scooter didnt' budge an inch, but kept writing on his clipboard. He pulled off the sheet of paper, and balled it up, throwing it on the floor. He started again on a new sheet of paper. He set the clipboard down, and pulled off his glasses, rubbing his eyes.

"Scooter? What is troubling you?" Eleanor asked, a little concerned. The few times sees seen him, he's usually so happy and bright. Although she didn't mind him being dark and moody, she was used to that, and actually enjoyed it. But this worried her. It was completely different then what he was.

"It's nothing, Auntie Eleanor. I need to work on the records some." He picked up his clipboard, and started walking back towards the records room. He closed the door behind him, and typing was heard from inside, and the shuffling of papers. He turned the radio up some, as to drown out the typing that bothered him.

"I can never understand some people, Eleanor. Let us just leave him be." Deadly said quite offhand, as the two started to go back up towards the balcony. Before Eleanor went with him, she picked up the ball of paper on the floor, but she didn't look at it.

-----------

Gonzo was walking out of the house, towards his truck. And he was on the way to the theatre, as soon as he heard the fight between him and Sadie. He shook his head, as he got out of the truck, and he walked inside the theatre, looking around.

"Hey, Scooter! You still in here!?"

No response came, he looked up and saw Deadly and Eleanor sleeping in that balcony, as they usually did around this time. He didnt' bother them. He knew where Scooter probably was, the records room. He stopped in front of the room, hearing the music, but no typing.

"That's odd. He's usually typing away in there..."

He opened the door slowly, and he saw Scooter slumped over on the desk, it looked like he was sleeping soundly, against the desk. One hand rested on the keyboard, the other in his pocket. Gonzo was about to try to wake him up when he saw something odd on the screen. He stopped for a second and read it.

"December 11-14 show - $1,900
December 15-18 show - $2,500
Winter Splendor Show - $5,000 ..help me, hurting, help.."

Gonzo was speechless, he reached over with a hand, and his eyes widened a bit. He felt again, and he backed up, shocked. He walked out of the room, and shakily walked over to the phone.