FanFic - Love is Neverending

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is basically a fluff story to keep me interested with myself, while I'm getting the ramifications working on my current in production stories. Even if this DOES connect to "Sadie's Stories" I will not add it under any circumstance. I just can't take more to deal with concerning this book. :eek:

So...onto a sweet, fluffy, a little bit sad at times, story....

Love Is Neverending

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Prologue

It was a really cold day outside. Too cold to gather the firewood, but I already had enough inside. There was nothing on the TV to watch, and nothing on the radio to hear. Lately....it had all gotten bad it had seemed.

Quite lonely out here. But I didn't mind the silence. Or rather, the snow falling on the roof, making a soft plink plunk noise. It was somewhat sweet, hearing that. Such a soft, drifting feeling. It reminded me of such nice times, during the holidays...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter One

Two Years Ago - Christmas Eve, 1996

My son suprised me a lot. He came, with all of his friends. And all of their friends...and heck, probably some people they didn't even know! And they all came to the farmhouse for Christmas.

Three weeks of surfing lessons down the tube, I said. But in the end, it was really nice and sweet, for all of us together that cold, blizzardy night. Fozzie's always said, if it wasn't for us, something terrible could have happened to me, on the way to the airport, or even on the airplane. I hate to think it, but my little cub's right. If it wasn't for him and his friends....I may not be here now.

I still have those bunkbeds Doc had built, in the hall closet. I use them for towel racks now. He still comes and visits me every year. We always sing carols, or we stay in when it's cold, and we watch the old christmas specials on TV. I always wondered, who recorded us that night? I guess one of that lizard's friends probably did.

It was probably that little orange kid. Always had that little radio on his wrist, and sometimes he had it blaring so loud I could hear it clear into the kitchen. What most people didn't see, is that they stayed for a whole week after Christmas. Because the roads were so blocked up, they couldn't leave at all.

I rather liked that. All cozy, and warm, with new friends and family.

Doc put the tree outside, at the end of the week. But he stayed, rent free for the rest of the month actually. He said to me, that the weather man said the snowstorm could blow up again, and he wanted to make sure I'd be alright. I told him, I could just go down into the basement, and hibernate. He wouldn't take no for an answer. So he stayed.

I rather liked that too.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Two

One Year Ago - Christmas Eve, 1997

Fozzie didn't come this year. None of his friends came. I was starting to get a bit lonely, until I heard a ring at the door. I wondered just who would brave the thick snow and ice, just see me at the farmhouse? Then I went and opened the door, and I smiled.

-----------------------

"Emily! Have you missed me much?" Doc said, swinging his arms around Emily, with a gentle squeeze. He smiled at her, and Sprocket leapt inside the house, and gave Emily wet doggy kisses all over her face.

"Doc!! What a suprise! You never even called!" Emily said, smiling brightly; as she led them into the kitchen. "You must be cold as ever, let me get some cocoa on the stove here..."

Doc reached out, and placed his hand on her paw. "There's no need for that, Emily. We're taking you out to dinner." He said, with a gleam in his eyes.

"Wha?? But why?" She asked, turning off the stove, and looking over at Doc, curious as to why he suddenly decided this.

"To repay you for the most wonderful Christmas ever in my life. I absolutely loved last Christmas. I called up Kermit, and asked him if they were coming over again. He told me that...something had come up, and they had to stay in Manhattan this year."

Emily looked down for a moment, and she pursed her lips, as she set the pot on the counter. She turned away from him, she knew what this was. It was pity. She was an old bear, a "senior citizen" and needed to be looked after. She already had Cub Scouts coming to her door, offering to bring honey to her house, when she could still gather it herself if she wanted too.

"It's because you knew I'd be lonely, wasn't it?" She asked softly, her back still to him.

"Well...yes." He said, not really realizing what he just said. Emily turned around to him softly.

"I'm ancient, isn't it? Old as the hills and then some?" She said with a firmness in her voice, as she looked up into Doc's face, and frowned softly. "Jerome. Is that why you came? To stay with a frail old woman?"

"I came to see if that frail old woman...would want to go out to dinner, with a frail old man." When he said that, he kneeled down so she could see clear through his glasses. She could see the many lines creasing his face. Then he smiled, brightly. More lines, more creases. He was as old as she was, and maybe more. He smirked slightly, and she smiled.

"Ahh...there's that beautiful smile. Now come on, I found the perfect spot, so all of us can go." He announced, and took her hand in his. The two of them got into his truck, and went off to dinner together, with Sprocket in the backseat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sara! How dare you call this "fluff"?!? It's a vonderful start to a story I know will draw in the rest of the crowd.

To imitate Lisa as best I can... You got me right about... Oh, here.
Originally posted by Sara: "My son suprised me a lot. He came, with all of his friends. And all of their friends..."

That was a great opening... And I knew in an instant it had to be... Jolly old Saint Nick? No.
Emily Bear, and you were starting from MFC... A great starting point... Though the year was 1988, not 1996.
That minor quiblance aside... Doc wanting to take Emily out to dinner. And this other line here.
Originally posted by Scooter's Girlfriend: "I wanted to see if a frail old woman wanted to have dinner with a frail old man."
Shows that Doc's truly part of the Muppet family... Now, if you could see your way to posting more... Please?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Three

One Year Ago - Christmas Eve, That Evening, 1997

"Isn't this lovely, Emily?" Doc said, as they sat inside the beautiful restaruant, with Sprocket sitting beside him. He was behaving his best that night, as he gingerly nibbled at his food in his bowl.

"Yes, Jerome. I...I'm a little suprised you went to all this trouble though." She said, as she sipped at her drink, while they waited for their dessert to come at the end of the meal.

Sprocket was eyeing their plates, but was patient. He waited for the right moment, so he could snatch the plates and lick them clean.

"You see Emily....I...I don't really have any family of my own. I just have Sprocket, and the Fraggles. But the Fraggles...except for Gobo, and maybe his Uncle...I plain don't see much of them. Their all still quite afraid of me." He paused for a moment, when the waiter sat their desserts down in front of them. "Thank you." He said to the waiter, as he walked off. "As I was saying, I just don't have much family anymore."

That made Emily pause. She looked up from her plate for a moment, and frowned softly. "Anymore?"

She could see the cloudiness behind his glasses for a moment. He seemed a bit far off. Gently, she nudged him underneath the table. "Jerome?"

"Oh, oh sorry, Emily. I...I just...." He turned away for a second, and petted Sprocket. He always petted Sprocket, whenever he was worried or scared. "...I lost her on Christmas Eve..." He muttered softly, towards Sprocket. Sprocket then sniffled, and licked Doc's hand.

Emily's eyes widened, and she leaned in a little bit across the table. "You lost who on Christmas Eve, Jerome?"

"My wife, Delia. She died about 16 years ago." Doc laughed softly, looking still towards Sprocket. His eyes were stinging with tears. "The funny thing is....I started noticing odd things about the workshop....that's when I opened up that Fraggle hole..."

Emily said nothing, but listened intently, forgetting her dessert. She wanted to hear more about Delia, and the fraggle hole. She knew she had one in her basement. But she never bothered them. She didn't want too. Once, a small bushy red haired fraggle was poking around her kitchen, but she paid him no heed. He left within the hour, and she nearly forgot about him after that.

"I never noticed the Fraggles. But after Delia died, I couldn't stand to stay in that old huge house by myself. Even with Sprocket, I was lonely. I took out our old workshop, and I cleaned it up one day. I'd say it was about a week after Delia died when I did that. I moved the box, and noticed that hole. Figured huge rats had dug through the walls. I never thought about it, until Sprocket finally drew my attention to it one day. That was five years after Delia died. I believe...it was actually on the aniversery that she died, when Gobo had come out of that hole, and had spoken to me."

Emily sat flabbergasted, listening to Jerome tell her about what had happened to him.

Sprocket was finishing up the second dessert on Emily's plate by then. He was licking the plate when Emily's fork went downwards. It hit table.

"Huh?" She looked down and noticed nothing was on the table. Just her fork, and the table itself. "Where did my dessert go?"

"And where's mine?" Jerome said, then he turned to Sprocket. The fur around his mouth was covered with chocolate and honey. They both had gotten something called Chocolate-Honey Explosions.

"Sprocket...you're going to be sick by eating all that chocolate you know!" Doc chided Sprocket, who then nodded, and wagged his tail. He was happy and he loved desserts he didn't care if he was going to be sick.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sara! How dare you call this "fluff"?!? It's a vonderful start to a story I know will draw in the rest of the crowd.
Well, I figured it was a drastic change of pace from the crazy stuff I'd written before.

Ed said:
To imitate Lisa as best I can... You got me right about... Oh, here.
Originally posted by Sara: "My son suprised me a lot. He came, with all of his friends. And all of their friends..."

That was a great opening... And I knew in an instant it had to be... Jolly old Saint Nick? No.
Emily Bear, and you were starting from MFC... A great starting point... Though the year was 1988, not 1996.
Well, that was because of this equation I came up too.

Forgot who said what first though so "bear" with me.

Emily Bear said "I haven't seen a blizzard like this since '41!"

The Newsman said "It's the worst blizzard to hit in 50 years!"

Now think about that. For what Emily to have said make sense she would have had to have been around before 1941. That means it would have been 47 years ago. Then we take the newsman, what he said would make it 1938. Either way, I never thought that made since. And before the stupid laptop died. (I'm @ college right now. >< Stupid laptops.) I had the perfect formula in my head, and now I've forgotten it. But the formula ended up with it figuring around 1991. And I added a few years and then it made sense to me. Plus 1996-1997 puts her smack dab in the middle of production for a lot of muppet stuff. XD Meaning her son can't just come to the farmhouse really easily.

Ed said:
That minor quiblance aside... Doc wanting to take Emily out to dinner. And this other line here.
Originally posted by Scooter's Girlfriend: "I wanted to see if a frail old woman wanted to have dinner with a frail old man."
I loved writing that line for Doc. When I watched MFC, I realized he really did look outright old. And I was a bit surprised for how quickly he took to all the people in her house. I don't know, maybe I read too far into the special. But I have just adored it completely.

:wink: And I loved the "Scooter's Girlfriend" thing. :wink:
Ed said:
Shows that Doc's truly part of the Muppet family... Now, if you could see your way to posting more... Please?
Certainly. Look above this post for the second chapter! And another chapter soon tonight!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sara! You did it again!!!

Wowwww! The magic in this story is undeniable. Emily Bear is great, and you have Doc down perfectly! His stammer! i can hear every word he says as if it were from his own lips!!! And I see you have done your research again! Fabulous! Can't wait for more!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...thanks. XD I must be the Princess of Fanfiction then. Cause Lisa's the Queen, and I'll never take that role. >> I don't deserve it.

It also helps when 95% of your iPod is Muppet Songs. XD And you've got the MFC songs on always repeat while writing it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MFC songs are a definate plus. Like when I write MopFam stuff, I always play a song that Dan sang once, it seems to stimulate the MopFam side of my brain.